Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Silly Trolls- Tricks are for kids. (Reasons behind the massive hype)

BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

So first I would like to say that I am wet with excitement for FF14, it is basically a dream come true. As I had been clicking the Wikipedia page for "Codename Rapture" on a somewhat regular basis. It was quite the day to find out Raptures name would be FF14.

Now onto the reason for this thread. I thought I would like to respond in a direct way to people who think they can treat SE's new mmo the same way they treat any other new MMO.  SE's new FF14 will be HUGE  and here are the reasons imo that people are excited about it.

1. They are playing FF11 currently, love it and can't wait for more of the same with better graphics, different themes, new features and a transformed gameplay all in classic and perfectionist FF fashion.

2. They played FF11 in the past and loved it. Though for reasons beyond their controll they stopped, or changed games. (Their are many people playing WOW because they want to play the most popular game so they can rest assured that gameplay that involves others will never slow. Other reasons for stopping might be financial or social or whatnot. Regardless, they are EXTREMELY excited for the newest title from the makers of FF. They look forward to polish and perfection and lessons learnt from 9 years of successful MMO management.

3. They played the game and disliked it. However, they understand that the game was slowly changed over the past nine years and remained successful and they see that as confirming their beliefs that SE learns from their fanbase. These people may have stopped because of feaures of FF11 that have been changed since, but they coulsn't be bothered to go back since so many of their friends play WOW now. They however, are fans off FF's talent for polish, gameplay and originality and EAGERLY await what they will next pull out of their bag, knowing their friends feel the same way.

Some of this group felt FF11  was not very good. They may have liked few or many of the features of the game but in the end found it not to their liking. They look forward to FF's next go at it, knowing that FF11 was a great game just not to their liking. They hope the next great game is more on par with their tastes. Much of this groups excitement is based on their belief in SE's ability to produce qualiy games and their expectation that SE will innovate in the production on their next MMO.

4. They never played FF11. These people could be a younger crowd, or a crowd brought into MMOs by a different game. Some of them may have felt that playing FF11 so long after its creation would mean it wasn't as good(I know I have looked at the date of release for every mmo I think of playing). Many may have started with WOW. The overriding reason that these people want to play FFIV is the same as groups 2 and 3.  Square Enix's name and the FF brand and the words that are synonymous with those- POLISH, INNOVATION, BEAUTY, IN-DEPTH and MOVING STORYLINES, CREATIVE GAMEPLAY, PERSONAL CHARACTER DVELOPMENT, PERFECTION...

People await the next best MMO from the company that knows how to create GOLD. Its an undersanding people have of SE's abilities and the FF franchise. FFIV will be the best MMO sortly after it is released.

WOOT
www.eorzeapedia.com
(Great FF14 source)

Comments

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

I read the whole pointless thing but I should have stopped after "child-in-the-dunce-cap-friendly WOW"

To sum it up:

You are "hardcore" and think you are better or more mature or smarter or cooler or have a larger e-peen because of it. Congradulations. No one cares. There are 45,984,795,847 other posts on other forums exactly like this.

Thanks for adding NOTHING to the Final Fantasy XIV discussion.

Stop posting this junk, please.

• gnlLucidgnlLucid Member Posts: 310

Allow me to help the OP out by shortning his thread... *ahem*:

"WOW R SUCK"

"FF R COOL"

"FF R WOW KILLER"

"I CAN HAZ COOL NAO?"

On topic though, I would like to see this game released, I just hope it is done in a better fashion than the current FFOnline, which took me almost a week to learn the controls... and I had to do registry hacks to get it into a resolution beyond "Hi the last time we updated was during the age of the 486"... and promptly gave up, saddend that one of my favorite IPs was ruined.

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414
    Originally posted by heerobya

I read the whole pointless thing but I should have stopped after "child-in-the-dunce-cap-friendly WOW"
    To sum it up:
    You are "hardcore" and think you are better or more mature or smarter or cooler or have a larger e-peen because of it. Congradulations. No one cares. There are 45,984,795,847 other posts on other forums exactly like this.

And somehow you haven't realized this is in response to people trying telling us FFXI was or is a failure and FF14 will suck because obviously Square can't learn from their 'mistakes'.

Stop posting your junk your reply has nothing to do with this thread. I'm sorry hardcore players made you angry O.o Maybe you should take an mmorpg.com break, does wonders I can attest. lol

OP good post not sure it's going to do any good where it should though. ^_~ He eh..

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538
    Originally posted by Cynthe

To sum it up:

And somehow you haven't realized this is in response to people trying telling us FFXI was or is a failure and FF14 will suck because obviously Square can't learn from their 'mistakes'.

Stop posting your junk your reply has nothing to do with this thread. I'm sorry hardcore players made you angry O.o Maybe you should take an mmorpg.com break, does wonders I can attest. lol

OP good post not sure it's going to do any good where it should though. ^_~ He eh..

He is still being a complete tool, insulting a good game, and attacking a player base that came from the game he loves.  His post proves nothing except that he is a narrow minded jackass. Wow players are not attacking your game. I don't see how you can act out about trolls that aren't there. No one is saying anything bad about FF currently and if you are responding to things said years ago you are... a head case for sure.

Unlike the people who post junk like the OP, i have nothing against others who play their game differently or play other games.

I was quite hardcore with WOW in terms of raiding.

I've been playing MMOs since UO was in beta.

I respect the view points of others...

But when people post garbage like the OP did saying that they are right and everyone else is wrong, or that people who play a particular game are not as smart or good or mature as people who play another game, I call out the OP of that thread or the person posting it.

Why? Because 99% of forum posts and forum posters lack perspective and are unable to see beyond the reach of their own nose. Self centered and incapable of logical reasoning and seeing things from a different angle.

It's a lot of fun and kills time at work to try and show these people how retarded and childish they really are.

Unlike the people who post junk like the OP, i have nothing against others who play their game differently or play other games.

I was quite hardcore with WOW in terms of raiding.

I've been playing MMOs since UO was in beta.

I respect the view points of others...

But when people post garbage like the OP did saying that they are right and everyone else is wrong, or that people who play a particular game are not as smart or good or mature as people who play another game, I call out the OP of that thread or the person posting it.

Why? Because 99% of forum posts and forum posters lack perspective and are unable to see beyond the reach of their own nose. Self centered and incapable of logical reasoning and seeing things from a different angle.

It's a lot of fun and kills time at work to try and show these people how retarded and childish they really are.

I don't really understand where you are getting this anger from or the opinion that OP is imposing his views on anyone? He's explaining why we are so enthused with this new game because there's people who are not understanding it, not all his choice of wording are class A but the message isn't disrespectful in my view or short sighted.

The troll threads we've had though have been more imposing then this one but by a long shot.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• Carl132pCarl132p Member UncommonPosts: 538

so all the stabs at WoW should just be skipped over? And what about the comments that make WoW players out to be sheep chasing the herd? Those aren't disrespecful and pointless? You have one and a half troll posts in these forums currently. None of them say FFXI SUCKS WOW R BETTERRER. OP is randomly taking aim at WoW because no one gave him the memo that its not the cool thing to do anymore. Even if there were a flood of WoW players coming in to bash this game, I would still expect you elitist people to keep your nose out of it and be the bigger people. But no OP acts like a child.

• BellarionBellarion Member Posts: 244

To be honest after I wrote it I thought it was possible the WOW comments were unnecesary, where being positive was my intent. But then the inner vengeful child in me stopped me from deleting the two comments. "dunce-child wow player" and the one about WOW players needing other players or even editing after I noticed mistakes. My apologies. Aside from that, I was expressing what I though was a common understanding of SE's abiities felt by many people even those who didn't like FF11, and I only wanted to have that spoken on the forums. Mayhaps I should delete said WOW flames. *^.^*

WOOT
    www.eorzeapedia.com
    (Great FF14 source)

Originally posted by Carl132p

No one is saying anything bad about FF currently and if you are responding to things said years ago you are... a head case for sure.

Did you just come to these forums right now to champion WoW? Good effort, and while I agree I don't like people trashing on any game, Bellarion is responding to people who HAVE RECENTLY BASHED FFXI OR FFXIV ON THIS NEWLY CREATED FORUM.

If you have not seen this that's ok but don't come insulting me when you just happened over and not aware of why this thread came to be.

Thanks.

edit: Damnit I was too slow.. ^_^ Oh well.

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

so all the stabs at WoW should just be skipped over? And what about the comments that make WoW players out to be sheep chasing the herd? Those aren't disrespecful and pointless? You have one and a half troll posts in these forums currently. None of them say FFXI SUCKS WOW R BETTERRER. OP is randomly taking aim at WoW because no one gave him the memo that its not the cool thing to do anymore. Even if there were a flood of WoW players coming in to bash this game, I would still expect you elitist people to keep your nose out of it and be the bigger people. But no OP acts like a child.

/agree

I am super excited about FF XIV because I am totally burned out on WOW.

I've always loved Final Fantasy games, I don't know why but something about the Final Fantasy name has always drawn me in.

It's the atmosphere, the music, the environments, the characters, the story... and Square Enix has been revolutionizing and innovating the RPG genre for decades.

FF XI was their freshman entry into the MMO market. At the time it was released, everything they had in game made a lot more sense and was cool and accepted.

But the new generation of MMOs has evolved and moved past the idea of time sinks and grinding as being acceptable. Instead they try and hide the grind through varying the activities we do with quests and such.

The innovation has gone even further since WOW started the whole quest thing with things like Public Quests and leveling through PVP or crafting.

MMOs have evolved a lot since FFXI was released and the genre has expanded from the thousands to the tens of millions.

Square Enix knows this.

I have faith that they will be the ones to really innovate and make the next big thing in the MMO world.

They'll continue to push the boundries and innovate, as they've always done, and FF XIV will be a great game for a wide audience and a lot of different types of players.

At least, I hope so...

• neKrowneKrow Member UncommonPosts: 170

I agree with the original poster. I dont think that he was directly attacking WoW. Not at all... but I will.

I played FFXI for 3 years and WoW for about 2 years. I am very proud of my time and accomplishments in FFXI. I also tend to instantly respect and gravitate towards those that played it. My time spent in WoW, however, was a disasterous waste. I would go so far as to say that say that WoW has ruined the industry.

So you think WoW players deserve some kind of respect or acknowledgement for the game they play? Why? Its like admiring someone driving the wrong way down a one way street because they spend 2 hours a day doing it.

• SortisSortis Member UncommonPosts: 193

Their is nothing to bash? Nobody knows much of anything about the game. It was already said by SE themselves that its going to be completely different from FFXI. So in short if you enjoyed FFXI because it was FF then you will enjoy this too. If you enjoyed FFXI because of its gameplay and how things were done then you may or may not enjoy this game because of its different spin. Thats really all we know, just cryptic assurances from SE that the game will be different and hopefuly a lot of fun. How does anyone pull anything out of that to bash the game...its not even released or in beta. Oh and yes OP I am deffinitly in the (3.) category :) so you hit that on the head.

/agree

I am super excited about FF XIV because I am totally burned out on WOW.

I've always loved Final Fantasy games, I don't know why but something about the Final Fantasy name has always drawn me in.

It's the atmosphere, the music, the environments, the characters, the story... and Square Enix has been revolutionizing and innovating the RPG genre for decades.

FF XI was their freshman entry into the MMO market. At the time it was released, everything they had in game made a lot more sense and was cool and accepted.

But the new generation of MMOs has evolved and moved past the idea of time sinks and grinding as being acceptable. Instead they try and hide the grind through varying the activities we do with quests and such.

The innovation has gone even further since WOW started the whole quest thing with things like Public Quests and leveling through PVP or crafting.

MMOs have evolved a lot since FFXI was released and the genre has expanded from the thousands to the tens of millions.

Square Enix knows this.

I have faith that they will be the ones to really innovate and make the next big thing in the MMO world.

They'll continue to push the boundries and innovate, as they've always done, and FF XIV will be a great game for a wide audience and a lot of different types of players.

At least, I hope so...

WoW didnt invent the idea of quests that was D&D, or if your talking about having 85% of the NPCs in the games having random kill quests that was EQ2. Got to beta EQ2 in its most early phase because I was a GM for EQ1 at the time.

Originally posted by neKrow

I agree with the original poster. I dont think that he was directly attacking WoW. Not at all... but I will.
    I played FFXI for 3 years and WoW for about 2 years. I am very proud of my time and accomplishments in FFXI. I also tend to instantly respect and gravitate towards those that played it. My time spent in WoW, however, was a disasterous waste. I would go so far as to say that say that WoW has ruined the industry.
    So you think WoW players deserve some kind of respect or acknowledgement for the game they play? Why? Its like admiring someone driving the wrong way down a one way street because they spend 2 hours a day doing it.

I agree, it has made most developers believe easy is better. We arent all panty waists. Honestly after playing both games I can say that after you play FFXI and get to 30 YOU KNOW HOW TO PLAY MMOs. WoW players can say "well we have some really hard raids why dont you try to do it?!" Correction you would have hard raids if you didnt have an in game mod telling you what a boss is doing before he does it. How can you justify any kind of difficulty when crap like that is used by every successful raid guild? Its like using a game shark and braging that your as good as the players who dont. lol what a joke

• natuxatunatuxatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

^ I agree. I guess never really thought about that before. It is kinda silly and "noobified" with all the mods people use on WoW. In fact I've been in raids that demanded it.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292
    Originally posted by neKrow

Hmm...maybe because they are people and they are simply playing the game they enjoy? Otherwise you look no differently than they do because you are taking yourself to a level of immaturity. Why bash someone over a game they choose to play? It's their choice, their enjoyment, their playstyle. Why should you or anyone else care what they choose? If they are coming to the forum of a game you enjoy and trolling....who cares? So let's go to their level because it will make us right? Umm...no it won't.

I have played both and like another poster stated a lot of the things in WoW make encounters less difficult as there are so many mods you can wave your hand at the screen like a Jedi and the game will play itself. *shrugs* But hey that's how some people play. While I will never say WoW is a hard game I am not going to insult someone for playing it if they enjoy it. I personally found FFXI more rewarding but I understand that is how I feel personally and it may not translate to the next person. More power to them. I rather have more games to play and more people to play with and socialize with as I continue my gaming. It's silly to sit and bash a game or other players for wanting to play it just to do it.

• neKrowneKrow Member UncommonPosts: 170
    Originally posted by Zhauric

Hmm...maybe because they are people and they are simply playing the game they enjoy? Otherwise you look no differently than they do because you are taking yourself to a level of immaturity. Why bash someone over a game they choose to play? It's their choice, their enjoyment, their playstyle. Why should you or anyone else care what they choose? If they are coming to the forum of a game you enjoy and trolling....who cares? So let's go to their level because it will make us right? Umm...no it won't.
    I have played both and like another poster stated a lot of the things in WoW make encounters less difficult as there are so many mods you can wave your hand at the screen like a Jedi and the game will play itself. *shrugs* But hey that's how some people play. While I will never say WoW is a hard game I am not going to insult someone for playing it if they enjoy it. I personally found FFXI more rewarding but I understand that is how I feel personally and it may not translate to the next person. More power to them. I rather have more games to play and more people to play with and socialize with as I continue my gaming. It's silly to sit and bash a game or other players for wanting to play it just to do it.

I didnt say anything about insulting wow players. I said "respect or acknowledgement". I wouldn't insult the guy driving the wrong way down the one way... but I am not going to encouarage the behavior.