Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Big purpose?

EchneinEchnein Member Posts: 26

Looking at the trailer, the technology in this FF is going to be much higher than that in FFXI. I kinda thought of this being the evolution of FFXI, seeing as the races look so similar yet are going to be "different" from the original game. One thing I wonder about is, what will the story be? What will be our driving force behind the game?

The conquest system was nice, and I enjoyed it a whole lot in FFXI. Gave a sense that the world was really changing based on player actions, and it gave goals to the different nations. I didn't see any hints of national conflict in the trailer, so i'd let that thought rest... for the moment.

Anyone have any fun speculation on what our purpose as adventurers could be in this new edition of the game?

Comments

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

I forsee 4 nations, 6 races {the new one being the horned race from Ivalice} a massive conflict with the gods of this land fighting over crystals, and tons of secrets to uncover being a unkown land to most of the population.  Thats where we the heroes come in!

• PoonjabiPoonjabi Member UncommonPosts: 63
    Originally posted by Khrymson

I forsee 4 nations, 6 races {the new one being the horned race from Ivalice} a massive conflict with the gods of this land fighting over crystals, and tons of secrets to uncover being a unkown land to most of the population.  Thats where we the heroes come in!

I find myself believing that there will be another race added to the game, most likely the Gria looking character from the main pic on the official website.  I think there might actually be 4 or 5 nations this time around seeing as how since technology has gotten more advance, the capability of the PC and Consoles could easily handle a larger game world.  The whole storyline is going to vary greatly from one person to the next, so to be honest I have no idea what it could be about, but I absolutely enjoyed every storyline/expansion that FFXI had so I tend to believe that the immersive storylines will continue into FFXIV.

• curiindicuriindi Member Posts: 488
    Originally posted by Khrymson

Oddly, my hunch was that there will be 4 nations or regions too.