Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

could be better but ... this is what i think of the game

Well, ive played POTBS now for about a month.   The quest are nice enough, doesnt seem to matter what nationality or pirate you become they all seem to do the same core quest; some quest differ but not many.

I was glad that it didnt take forever and a day to level to 50.  Some games like AOC, just take too much time to level to 80 or 80+ for other game when all you really want to do is get to the max level so you can play with the rest of the people.   Granit some games dont have much play after you reach the max level so then taking your time to level to 80+ doesnt seem that bad then i guess if u like the game.

What makes POTBS diff than most MMO's i found is, the game really doesnt start till u reach 50, sure u can do port battles and PVP etc before u reach 50, but its a much better experience when u r max level.

Unlike other MMO's also, who give you raids when u reach max level, POTBS is such a breath of fresh air in that you can pick ports to flip for future port battles, pvp in red area's  creat pvp area's ( most mmo's u cant creat your own pvp areas they are already defined)  craft, outfit ships, do daily quest .. and there is also quest wich are like raids in that they can give u better gear etc also.

ok, where i find POTBS annoying ... Open Sea  wind direction is a pain in the  butt.  U can find yourself trying to sail to a port and having it take u hours to get there,  tack you say ?  ya well tacking can take u about 90 degrees out of your way, going back and forth really sux and still takes  about 45 mins instead of that hr to get to a port .. i think they really need to figure out a way to travel on OS  (open sea) to where u arnt taking all day to get to a place, wind direction in pvp battles or port battles is cool, but not when u r just trying to get across the map .. ive actually gotten up and made me dinner, or went for a bio break as i crossed the OS map because it was going to take so dang long.

Avatar fighting is fun, i think they made it a lot better.  Too many ports look the same, ... i like to visit ports to see what each one looks like etc, but not enough of them are different.

Will is stay and keep playing this game ?  well, i like the society i found, (guild in other mmo's) community seems ok as long as u use ignore on just a few players in nation chat .. but traveling on OS might make me want to stop playing .. guess we will see.

Comments

• nemo38nemo38 Member Posts: 143

people still play this game?? Oh. and by the way, look up "granit" in the dictionary for me.

• jokergulfjokergulf Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by nemo38

people still play this game?? Oh. and by the way, look up "granit" in the dictionary for me.

You offered so much to this thread I'm simply amazed. Did you also happen to catch that the OP's post was 3 months ago??

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Originally posted by Mischiff

ok, where i find POTBS annoying ... Open Sea  wind direction is a pain in the  butt.  U can find yourself trying to sail to a port and having it take u hours to get there,  tack you say ?  ya well tacking can take u about 90 degrees out of your way, going back and forth really sux and still takes  about 45 mins instead of that hr to get to a port .. i think they really need to figure out a way to travel on OS  (open sea) to where u arnt taking all day to get to a place, ...

Absolute rubbish.

It takes 40 minutes to cross the entire map West to East - and that is without using the 'trade winds/currents' and / or any OS speed buffs (which are available BTW)

I suggest you use a clock to time this - it just seems to take 'hours' because there is very little else to do in OS travel.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.