Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV - What would you like to see them take/not takefrom current MMOs?

2»

Comments

• pencilrickpencilrick Member Posts: 1,550

I want to see:

1)  A stinging death penalty.  Not crippling, but enough to make a player want to smack his keyboard and keep folks from playing foolishly.

2)  "Trains" (i.e., mobs pulled by other players who can peel off and aggro others).  This keeps folks on their toes.

• grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162
    Originally posted by WSIMike

Originally posted by natuxatu

Another reason i rather be forced (to an extent) to group is because it really does weed out the bad players. And by bad I mean jerks and rage quitters ect. In FFXI your reputation is very important and could effect how far you get in the game. If you're friendly ect you well get further and stuff. I really like that and it does help to build a better community.

Yes, definitely.

The community in FFXI is such that you can really develop a reputation that precedes you - for better or worse.

I've seen people become something of "mini-celebrities" that it seems everyone knows about, even if they've never met or grouped with them personally.

Likewise, I've known (and had run-ins with) the type of people whose reputation inevitably results in them being rejected by and ostracized by the community because they're serial ass-hats. I've known of at least 2 people personally who basically had to leave my server and start over fresh on another one because they couldn't get groups, thanks to their antics. Word gets around.

Here's one example...

There was a guy some years back on Pandemonium.. a Taru Black Mage (or at least he was at the time) who would basically join a party and try to commandeer it; giving orders, telling people what to do, bitching people out for no good reason. When he, inevitably, got kicked from the party. He would then start bad-mouthing the party in shout, while he repeatedly mob-trained them (this was back before mobs de-spawned) 'til he got them killed. Then he'd stand over them and smack talk. If they tried to re-group and start again, he'd mob-train them again 'til they left. If the party moved to another spot, he'd follow them and continue.

A real Grade A asshole.

Well... his reputation got around. Within a month or so later, I was in a party with people I'd never met or grouped with before. We were fighting crabs (strong against melee) and, so, a BLM was an ideal choice. The party leader said "There's a BLM seeking..." . Someone asked "What's the name?" They said the name and, immediately, we all responded with some variation on "No! Do not invite him". The leader laughed and said "well, okay then.. that settles that." We each shared our experience with him, and a couple others had heard of him previously.

A few weeks after that I learned he'd left the server because no one would invite him to groups; no one could stand him. Parties would dissolve if he was invited. He couldn't get anywhere. He'd basically run himself off the server.

That's the kind of accountability I hope exists in FFXIV as well.

Ditto, I speak no Japanese, and I had a JPN group reroll so they could party with my Taru Rdm every night, we cruised through content at speeds I'd never seen b4.

If you are a good enough player you stick in people's heads and when they see you LFG they /w you......and when you are farming......browsing the AH......etc it is an awesome feeling to be respected by your fellow players for your abilities, and your staying power, 5+ hrs almost always.

Solo oriented games just don't have that party dynamic that weeds out the good players from the 12 year old(and older) button mashers.

I wan't FFXIF to be primarilly a game that takes a great amount of skill to excel at. let the stupid people play WoW/ToR.

Please don't push the Casual single player agenda here. Go play something else, I promise I wi ll stay away from their forums.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by wrongfeifong

Thirdly, PLEASE for god saken don't add raid dungeons. I don't mind dynamis because it is truely fun. But Raid dungeon like WoW are just waste of time! 

Well, now... I don't necessarily agree with this.

I'm not a fan of raiding, but I have nothing against it being available for those who do...

It would be no different than someone saying "Keep things like Dynamis out of FFXIV because I can't stand having to run through an area killing all those mobs for 2-3 hours".  Well.. fine, I don't enjoy it... but others do.

Something that makes FFXI great, to me, is that is has such a variety of different activities that even if you aren't interested in *everything* in the game, you can surely find *something* that you enjoy doing and can group up with others to partake in.

As long as it's implemented in a  balanced and reasonable manner, there's no reason to omit any kind of activity. The more different activities there are, the more content there is for everyone, the richer and more varied the game experience, the better the game is for it.

That's my opinion anyway.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• LexinLexin Member UncommonPosts: 701
    Originally posted by pencilrick

I want to see:
    1)  A stinging death penalty.  Not crippling, but enough to make a player want to smack his keyboard and keep folks from playing foolishly.
    2)  "Trains" (i.e., mobs pulled by other players who can peel off and aggro others).  This keeps folks on their toes.

1) That will also keep people on their toes.

2) Must disagree I started playing back at NA release and the MPK / Trains were just way too much for any player. Though it was a nice way to get back at gil sellers. Now if there wasn't ***holes in the game then yeah it would be nice to see this again but lets face facts there will be ***holes in every game.

Now as for solo play I think there should be some kind of exp penalty for soloin. Well I know at the start you most likely will want to group due to mass amount of people soloin which may or may not result in people wanting to party all the time after the zerg of the launch.

I would like to see stuff like Dynamis and other end game content again. That will weed out the bad players because all of endgame you need to unlock which I think is one of the best ideas.