Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

City of Heroes: Starting A Life of Villainy, Part Two

DanaDana Halifax, NSPosts: 2,415Member

In this new guide, MMORPG.com Correspondent Dana O'Shea continues people down the path of evil.

Keep in mind that though it looks like you have plenty of powers to freely choose right now that later on every one matters. Think about it and think ahead. For example, you might pick a lot of direct-damage Primary powers for a Brute and not leave room for defensive powers to keep them alive.

In addition to your Primary and Secondary power sets there are “Pool Powers” that are available to every character. These include powers like “Fly” or “Super-Speed” or others. In order to take the higher-level selections from these you need to already have one of the lower-level ones. The lower-level ones are available at level 6 and the higher-level ones at level 14. If you take two in the set you have access to the top power in the set when you hit level 20.

Read more here.

Dana Massey
Formerly of MMORPG.com
Currently Lead Designer for Bit Trap Studios

Comments

• ShreddiShreddi Thousand Oaks, CAPosts: 315Member

Missed part one but you mention Respec.   From day one of the game you have 2 builds so its like a free respec if you choose to use that way.  You can choose between 2 builds anytime in game.  Very difficult to build 2 simultaneously anyway.   If you do you can have one for PVP and one for PVE you just have to wait 15 minutes between changes.  This game has thought of everything.  So cool.  I thought I saw everything in that game after playing since preorder then getting sidetracked for a few years with everything else released.  Tried them all came back to coh/v and you cant really say anything about game untill you are in the 40's level.  You get taken places never seen before in any game, I dont care what your on :)   The game gets to be Alice in Wonderland at times.   Bitchen.   I finally maxed my villian and immediately started another character completely different class and powers.   Still have a lvl 38 on Hero side to work on too.  This game is done Great.  I cant wait till others by same company come out. 

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• SamhaelSamhael Huntsville, ALPosts: 696Member Uncommon

The only real problem with CoX is the lack of things to do at 50. If you're looking for new end-game content, the only thing that's really been added is the user-created missions. And for every one that's decent, there's like 10 that suck hard. (actually, I've only hit the 10 that sucked and haven't actually found that good one yet)

Still, the game is fun up until 50 so I do recommend playing and playing alts as well!

• ShreddiShreddi Thousand Oaks, CAPosts: 315Member

I dont know because I just hit 50 and started another char that unlocked from having one lvl 50 in game.    Did you try the AE Dev recomended missions?   Some are very good.  Kind of long and very hard depending on your char.

This post is intentionally written as to not make any sense what so ever. Thank You Very Much.

• themiltonthemilton Denton, TXPosts: 353Member
    Originally posted by Shreddi

Missed part one but you mention Respec.   From day one of the game you have 2 builds so its like a free respec if you choose to use that way.  You can choose between 2 builds anytime in game.  Very difficult to build 2 simultaneously anyway.   If you do you can have one for PVP and one for PVE you just have to wait 15 minutes between changes. 

I was going to mention this as well, but with a different application.

The author mentions how many of the powers in the corruptor secondary set are not able to be used on yourself. Instead of going with PvE/PvP builds, I went solo/team builds. For the solo build, I dropped the powers that I couldn't use on myself and picked up more attacks and pool powers - took a "the best defense is a good offense" approach. My team build has fewer attacks and more buffs. I'm in the mid-30s and it's been working well so far.

Since the MM and Corr secondaries are the same, I played around with this concept on an MM also. However, due to an MM pretty much being a solo-team, the solo/team builds weren't any different. Although you can't use any of the team buffs on yourself, you can use them on your pets, so the buffs are still useful and benefit you indirectly.

-------------
    The less you expect, the more you'll be surprised. Hopefully, pleasantly so.