Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need an MMO to hold my time untill Aion

Escobar0Escobar0 Member Posts: 2

I tried WoW, but i didnt really like it. To cartoony and the community was immature. So im looking for a mature game with a decent balance of PvE and PvP. Has to have enough content to keep me busy untill Aion comes out; not free-to-play. Any suggestions?

Comments

• TahitiTahiti Member Posts: 7

You should try Vanguard. The game itself is cheap to download with complex, interesting classes. End gamers are having issues with gaining xp and there are still bugs but if you are waiting for Aion, you will most likely not reach max level anyway.

Only drawback is no PvP but the PvE, crafting and Diplomacy should be more than enough to keep you immersed.

• googajoob7googajoob7 Member Posts: 866

given aion only a few months away i would suggest age of conan . i ve heard the end game is a bit cack but i m having a lot of fun leveling . a perfect stopgap . also warhammers fun if you like relentless pvp .i m keeping my fingers crossed for both aion and champions online .

• Escobar0Escobar0 Member Posts: 2

I probably would/will play alot so i need a game that has a decent amount of content.

• kallion86kallion86 Member Posts: 50

Honestly it's a tough call. There's so much out that for killing off a couple of weeks / months when you need it.

If you're available for P2P, you might enjoy :

Warhammer Online (I enjoy this one for it's RvR / PvP / Instant Access)

Age of Conan ( It's just an overall well game.)

The Chronicles of Spellborn (I'm really attracted to this one for it's combat system)

MMO Addict :D

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Escobar0

I probably would/will play alot so i need a game that has a decent amount of content.

Try Lineage 2.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • InktomiInktomi Member UncommonPosts: 663
    Originally posted by Tahiti

You should try Vanguard. The game itself is cheap to download with complex, interesting classes. End gamers are having issues with gaining xp and there are still bugs but if you are waiting for Aion, you will most likely not reach max level anyway.
    Only drawback is no PvP but the PvE, crafting and Diplomacy should be more than enough to keep you immersed.

I'm giving it a go as well.

• AIMonsterAIMonster Member UncommonPosts: 2,059

Aion Chinese Retail. :p

• lancelot76lancelot76 Member Posts: 119

If you are looking for P2P with a lot of content, I would have to add EQ2 to the list, PvP exists although it's not the primary game focus. However you won't get much better than EQ2 for sheer volume of content, which is anywhere from 2-5 years worth depending on the player, so easily enough to keep you busy for the rest of this year much less the next few months. :)

• grandpagamergrandpagamer Member Posts: 2,221
    Originally posted by lancelot76

If you are looking for P2P with a lot of content, I would have to add EQ2 to the list, PvP exists although it's not the primary game focus. However you won't get much better than EQ2 for sheer volume of content, which is anywhere from 2-5 years worth depending on the player, so easily enough to keep you busy for the rest of this year much less the next few months. :)

I would have to agree that EQ2 has more to do than any game ive played. Im not sure but i think there is a free trial going for it as well.