Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

High level populated city?

SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon

Is there a city that is populated by higher level players? I'm just interested in looking at where the focused population is? And what continent would I find it?

I found some city that looked quite impressive. It was next to this multi color shifting (giant) half dome. But no one there.

As a side note, what was that glowing half dome? I think I saw something that said it was some sort of fortress but couldn't figure out how to get in. Was extremely neat to discover it though!

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Hudson, WIPosts: 1,535Member

People cluster in cities that offer civic diplomacy, broker, crafting etc.  So Khal is usually very populated.  New Targonor is pretty well populated too now.  Otherwise people use outposts for broker and crafting needs.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by boojiboy

People cluster in cities that offer civic diplomacy, broker, crafting etc.  So Khal is usually very populated.  New Targonor is pretty well populated too now.  Otherwise people use outposts for broker and crafting needs.

Ok, I'll check those out. Thanks. ; )

• warppwarpp lagosPosts: 258Member

You will find that people don't really gather like they do in WOW,VG is so vast that it has many outposst. Veskels Exchange is one such outpost that has people there.

Jah Rasta For I.
    The Wicked Shall Fall..

http://www.ethnic2020.com/images/Ebay/black-jesus.jpg

Originally posted by warpp

You will find that people don't really gather like they do in WOW,VG is so vast that it has many outposst. Veskels Exchange is one such outpost that has people there.

I always liked the idea of people gathering in big cities as a community building activity.  But as you said, there are just too many cities, towns and outposts in Telon for any one to become a focal point.  It reminds me of EQ and all of it's racial cities that had so few people returning to them. 

I still have to say Khal is the most active.  It has crafting, diplomacy, lower level questing, a banker, a broker, all the vendors and is a conveinent hub for travel.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,452Member Uncommon

I always liked the idea of people gathering in big cities as a community building activity.  But as you said, there are just too many cities, towns and outposts in Telon for any one to become a focal point.  It reminds me of EQ and all of it's racial cities that had so few people returning to them. 

I still have to say Khal is the most active.  It has crafting, diplomacy, lower level questing, a banker, a broker, all the vendors and is a conveinent hub for travel.

I have to say that I did go to Khal and there really weren't a lot of people there.

It's an interesting look at how design decisions can affect a game. Because there are so many cities it really does spread the player base around a bit.

So does this mean that when players look for group they can do it world wide?

Originally posted by Sovrath

I have to say that I did go to Khal and there really weren't a lot of people there.

It's an interesting look at how design decisions can affect a game. Because there are so many cities it really does spread the player base around a bit.

So does this mean that when players look for group they can do it world wide?

The LFG tool is global.  But region chat is restricted to continent and APW has it's own chat.

With regard to game design, I thought EQ2's approach was interesting.  Only 2 cities with instanced ghetto's for the different races.  I'm guessing that was to force city populations together, but in the end I didn't like the feel for it... seemed very contrived.

Pro's and Con's I guess.