Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows 7 Patch Error (FIX)

iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

Not claiming credit for this. Exact link for this is HERE.  I just spent a lot of time trying to figure this out so I thought I'd share for those using Windows 7 and getting the same problem.

"First, open the file patch.cfg in the warhammer online directory (you may need to play with things a bit to get permission to overwrite the file, I have to open notepad as admin and then open the file from file->open) and edit the two lines that have the patch server address in it. What you want to do is replace the portion of the patcher url that says "livepretrial" with "live", this will force the patcher to connect to the live server and download some more data, for me it was another 7 gigs of data. This download also crapped out at 96%. After that, re-edit the patch.cfg file and reset it to "livepretrial" and launch again. At this point, it had to change several files, but it patched up perfectly and I was able to launch into the game."

Follow that guide and it'll work like a charm ! :D good luck

TwitchTV: iNeoki

Comments

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Thanks for the link. I may not like Vista, but I'll hanfg on to it until all the MMO / Windows 7 compatability issues are solved

• iNeokiiNeoki Member UncommonPosts: 353

All Windows 7 beta users will have to reformat this coming August anyways, it would be useless to try it out now if you plan on liking it and downloading all your apps to it.  But for now I'll live with it, but I have my Vista ultimate 64 bit disc waiting just in case Windows 7 Launch goes haywire.  But there have been a few problems such as this warhammer error that made me want to go back to Vista asap, but that's what beta's are for, finding and fixing the bugs.

TwitchTV: iNeoki