Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runes of Magic: Review

13»

Comments

• DarrenWrightDarrenWright Member Posts: 13

I must say that i love the colours and effects, and magic is always a fun thing to play in my main in wow is Marcell the Mage an dhe kicks horde bu*t all the way bk to Kalimdor lol, But this is where i see a problem. To me the buildings, the people, the movements, are to similer to WOW, i know theres differences but visably theres not enough to make me stop playing WOW to play this.

In fact on a few of the pictures of this game i had to zoom in to make sure i wasnt looking at a wow picture , they have races like taurens and pretty much everything is similer to Warcraft.

I think a few major updates of this game and changes in texturing and shadowing and a few things off wow looking objects might help it do well. But until that time i wouldnt really like to play a wow copy cat when im already in wow my self with 500 people in my guild.

Darren Wright

• icauseriotsicauseriots Member Posts: 9

I've been playing this game for almost 4 months now and i absolutely love it. Now I'm not going to be blind to the problems this game has, for example: The servers crashing recently, end game stuff being more cash shop related, population problems in some of the servers, cover up tweaks instead of actual fixes, making choices with money in mind,and the list goes on. Every game is going to have it's up's and downs so that has to be put into conisderation.

I have a 35/31 priest/knight and a 32/25 warrior/rouge and i have had no problem leveling up both my characters. They give MORE than enough quests to get through your levels and if you don't feel like questing it up, which i can understand, they make grinding in that game pretty easy. As it goes for the boss's, I personally, have had no problems getting help from either my guild or pugs at any time what so ever. There's a lot of players(at least in my server) that are higher level and go back to help the lower levels all the time. The ammount of help you can get from the community is actually the best I've seen in a long time.(and i have been playing MMO's for a long time so i have a lot to compare too) A lot of people tend to compare this game to WoW but i think they are very different games.(yes it may have a lot of things in common but they are very different games) Depending on how good the market is on your server you can make a killing from the auction house. I personally have made and spent over 15m in this game so far and i didn't have to do much to get it. All it takes is a little bit of brains and some patience.

When it comes to the instance runs there PLENTY of groups doing every instance all day everyday. I was able to get a run for FA, WM, TToW, and NoM when ever i wanted to. As said earlier the community in this game(once again, this is experience from my server) has been more than helpful. I have had high levels come in and show me the ropes of each instance and what i have to do to get by, There are also many ways to get your gear modded enough to make getting to high level a lot easier. You just have to pay attention and look around. After a while the instances do get boring  but what doesn't get boring after doing it but so many times. It happens with every game not just this game.

This game for a F2P game is very refresing and if you give it the light of day is an awesome game to play. Compared to a lot of the other F2P games this game is in the top 10 imo. For those who had a bad experience, I'm sorry to hear that, but not everyone is meant to enjoy the game. Take the game for what it is and look past the problems(which every game has) and take a look at what it really has.

-Fakie

• tiborsatiborsa Member Posts: 3

This game is just like free version of WoW. It is quality game, but it lacks of originality. It's for ppl who like wow, but don't want to pay money any money(but the cash shop is treacherous and make ppl spend so much money :p)

• MMMORPGDudeMMMORPGDude Member Posts: 4

...Honestly.

I was bored in the first 10 minutes.

• ZalonzaZalonza Member Posts: 17

i think the dual class system isnt pros it suck

• darchosisdarchosis Member Posts: 1

For those who complain about paying money in a free game, why dont YOU make a  game the way you think it should be, pay the costs for the server(s) and bandwith, and get no money for it.

....Well?

....anyone making that game yet?

Don't you want show everyone the right way  to make and maintain a free-to-play game?

• LegendsabysLegendsabys Member Posts: 2

Great game honestly it never gets old and always has new content its one of the best downloadable free to play mmorpgs out there.