Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What server should I play on?

VolvinoVolvino Member UncommonPosts: 79

Hey fellows

I'm thinking about resubscribing PotBS but I am not sure what server to play on?

BTW I am european

In advance, thanks for helping :-)

Comments

• VolvinoVolvino Member UncommonPosts: 79

Is no one going to help ? :-P

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

Europeans don't have much of a choice, if you play in prime time. Roberts is the only server which maintains European port battle time windows.  However, if you want to choose by population, try Antigua or Blackbeard.  Rackham is dead.

• ScottgunScottgun Member UncommonPosts: 528

The two most populated servers are Blackbeard and Antigua. I played on Antigua for months assuming it was the best, but Blackbeard beats at least for the time being. The econ is lots more newbie friendly there and people actually talk to each other. I'd roll national on BB and perhaps rat on Antigua or Roberts (Rats are largely irrelevant in port battles, so don't worry about the time.). I find like many people that I like switching from nat to rat just for a change, and rolling on two servers allows that.

• MhaussMhauss Member Posts: 4

Hello,

I recently re-downloaded this game and set it up again.  I'm only a nublet spaniard atm (lvl 8), but I've already noticed that the economy on blackbeard is limited to say the least.  Is this game dead or am I on a bad server?  I'm trying to take a break from EVE and love the complexity to the sailing, but would rather not play a game that cannot support itself.   I guess I'm just used to jumping into Jita or Amarr and finding what I need.  Any suggestions?

Hauss

• MischiffMischiff Member Posts: 169

Antigua  seems to have the biggest population IMHO,  i have a rat on it, and i can usually find anything i want to outfit a ship

I have nats on all of the other servers but defiant, the times for that one are just too drastic for me to play on and i dont think it

has much of a population anyways when i was there.

some nations on some servers just dont have very many people .. i was french on one and never saw anyone, so reroled british,

best way to figure out how many people each nation has on a server i found is to look at the map and see what nation came in 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th  for the last couple maps, usually those with better population probably came in 1st  and 2nd in the last two maps, those with lower populations probably will show up as comming in 3rd or 4th in the last two maps, it shows current place and the place they came in before.