Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO?

EricDanieEricDanie Member UncommonPosts: 2,238

Now this is a bit of pushing the genre too far, are we really gonna consider all online games MMOs now? If room-based games like this are allowed on MMORPG.com, expect a huge ton of them to come soon.

By the way, this is a nice example of a game spoiled by its item mall, those who played it since it was released perfectly understand what I mean. Promisse customers to only make cosmetic options avaiable for cash, then, start adding some OP avatars around, power user, then add a pet system that gives extra status in which the food for the pet costs real money, add the extra-effects items like teleporting, changing wind, flying, for cash, add the card system which improves (at higher levels improve it GREATLY) mobiles even on avatar effects-off server, and there you go, cash2win game.

Also can't forget about the enchanting system.

Comments

• Token1337GuyToken1337Guy Member Posts: 159

Yeah, I certainly don't see how Gunbound Revolution really qualifies as an MMO.  But I agree with you painfully so on how they ruined it.  I was all right with the avatar stuff at first, since I would just opt to play in Avatar Off, where it was left mostly up to who was the better player.

Once they took that away... blah.  It's like the old Gunbound was shut down and replaced with this insane new game.

• FunseikiFunseiki Member UncommonPosts: 263

Agreed. Although it really isn't a huge deal if this game is on the website, it wouldn't make sense to have this type of game under the "MMO" genre, mainly because it doesn't hold massive amounts of players together. Unless you count the lobby, but in that case this forum and all chats might fall under MMO.

Also: Token, is that a Reboot pic as your avatar? Haha, I haven't seen that show in forever.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428
    Originally posted by Token1337Guy

Yeah, I certainly don't see how Gunbound Revolution really qualifies as an MMO.  But I agree with you painfully so on how they ruined it.  I was all right with the avatar stuff at first, since I would just opt to play in Avatar Off, where it was left mostly up to who was the better player.
    Once they took that away... blah.  It's like the old Gunbound was shut down and replaced with this insane new game.

So true man, pretty much  why I quit GB.

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

• inuyasha0021inuyasha0021 Member Posts: 6