Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pantheon of the Ancients goes LIVE!

13»

Comments

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553
    Originally posted by Xeonsoldier

Originally posted by boojiboy

Originally posted by Xeonsoldier

They continue to fix stuff yes. But when they do fix things, they break other things that were in no ways relevant to what was fixed. Like you fix a monk ability then break a warrior ability? How?

I'm not a programmer, so I won't pretend to understand what the heck goes on with 'code'.  But this game is more complex and has more intricate mechanics than any other MMO.  So how do the monk fixes affect a warrior ability?  I have no clude.

But I do remember how our guild tracked down an odd bug as an example.....

In the Cartheon Wing we found that sentries would reset or heal to full.  We peeled off players one by one and added them back into the fight one by one.  Had something to do with Paladins.  So the Paladins all went with different Judgements and even then two Pally's using the same judgement would have a different impact on the Sentry, one would heal it, one wouldn't.  Went through all their stances, buffs, gear, gear affect, enhancement items, passive abiliities crafted effects, diplo effects, and on and on and on (we would never have gotten through this, accept it seems our guild has a lot of engineers who love this stuff).  In the end, the only difference was that one Paladin choose the light-side in a level 20ish vampiric quest 1.5 years ago from Hillsbury and got a damage buff that stacked with a particular judgement and caused this Pally to heal undead.

The inter-relatedness of connections in this game is just amazing.

I guess I wasn't a bit clear on the way I worded my post. I know you can mess up one thing by playing with another. What kills some people is the time in between it takes for them to fix and push to live. I am a programmer/coder myself and I remember my professor/intern boss raised hell if you broke something by updating another and didn't go back to fix it immediately upon the customer complaining about it. And it was hell..and this is just my professor/intern so imagine a live product.

Like I said, I'm guessing this stuff is complex and I've never played an MMO that didn't push buggy patches.  Heck, I thought Vanguard invented the term, "undocumented features"!!  Anyway, I work for a huge multinational company that has been testing a new email system for over a year.  They finally pushed it live and it was broke and they had to revert to the previous version.  Beyond me why that happens.

The vanguard developers fix the stuff they can very quickly, same day in some cases.  They are all over the boards responding to threads, asking clarifying questions, logging on to observe a bug.  So even though bugs are frustrating, I give them a lot of credit for how quickly they respond.

• VrazuleVrazule Member Posts: 1,095
    Originally posted by Nizur

It's funny, sad and frustrating that the doom-and-gloomers complain about anything and everything of a game. It doesn't matter what game it is either, especially in the MMO market. End-gamers complain if there's no end game. If the end-game is too easy, people complain. If it's too hard, people complain. If you change something in the game that some people were complaining about, other people complain. Don't change it, people complain. People bitch and moan and spout their opinions on a game like it's the gospel on the game written by the finger of God himself on stone. If they don't like it, then it must be a horrible game that no one else in their right mind could possibly enjoy! Anyone who does like it is just a fanboy.
    That's the problem with society now. They think: If you don't agree with me, you're wrong and an idiot. My opinion is truth. It's not just games. Politics, religion, sports. You name it. WTF happened to just agreeing to disagree and leave it be?
    Then you've got the trolls who just enjoy pissing people off. They spout inflammatory crap just to get a rise. There's no use even bothering with them.
    Anyway, I've vented now.

As if brown nosing is any better.

With PvE raiding, it has never been a question of being "good enough". I play games to have fun, not to be a simpering toady sitting through hour after hour of mind numbing boredom and fawning over a guild master in the hopes that he will condescend to reward me with shiny bits of loot. But in games where those people get the highest progression, anyone who doesn't do that will just be a moving target for them and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay money for the privilege. - Neanderthal

• Crusix221Crusix221 Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by blackthornn

based off the official forums there's alot on unhappy going on due to alot of the changes made this patch...nerfing ranged weapons, nerfing rogues to needing daggers in main hand, tombstone accelerated rot, the list goes on. 
    And as usual, Silius is ignoring what is being posted that he wants to ignore and only giving his normal sugary sweet "I know something you don't know" replies which normally means it's worse than those posting believe.  Should be fun. 
    And at something like 6plat per 55 ability, plus farming drops to combine for it (from what's being posted by ppl who hit up test server)........yeah, the official forums are interesting right now.

daggers in main hand! we sucked already haha this screws up my build

• NizurNizur Member CommonPosts: 1,417

Originally posted by Vrazule
    Originally posted by Nizur It's funny, sad and frustrating that the doom-and-gloomers complain about anything and everything of a game. It doesn't matter what game it is either, especially in the MMO market. End-gamers complain if there's no end game. If the end-game is too easy, people complain. If it's too hard, people complain. If you change something in the game that some people were complaining about, other people complain. Don't change it, people complain. People bitch and moan and spout their opinions on a game like it's the gospel on the game written by the finger of God himself on stone. If they don't like it, then it must be a horrible game that no one else in their right mind could possibly enjoy! Anyone who does like it is just a fanboy.
    That's the problem with society now. They think: If you don't agree with me, you're wrong and an idiot. My opinion is truth. It's not just games. Politics, religion, sports. You name it. WTF happened to just agreeing to disagree and leave it be?
    Then you've got the trolls who just enjoy pissing people off. They spout inflammatory crap just to get a rise. There's no use even bothering with them.
    Anyway, I've vented now.

As if brown nosing is any better.

Are you suggesting I'm brown nosing? How did you even get brown nosing out of what I wrote?

Current: None
    Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, LotRO, EVE, AoC, VG, CO, Ryzom, DF, WAR
    Tried: Lineage2, Dofus, EQ2, CoS, FE, UO, Wurm, Wakfu
    Future: The Repopulation, ArcheAge, Black Desert, EQN