Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So should i get it or no???

sorax22sorax22 Member Posts: 19
Ok i love the sims and i was wondering if the sims online was fun if it is the same thing as the sims but just online then its not worth it but anyways plz tell me if it is worth it.

image Yes i made the pic

Comments

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Naw, you should avoid, go pick up yourself a copy of Sims 2.

"There's a sucker born every minute."

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777
    ya dude you should wait for wow or eq2 those are the biggest games out there imo. i am getting wow

• RaichuuRaichuu Member Posts: 6

My opinion of TSO was great when I was a beta tester, but since the release I stopped playing it.  You are going to get a lot of other people opinion, and what matters is your own.  Go to the site, look up what it's about and what's going on, ect.  Some people have fun playing that game some just think it stinks.  Play the games you want.  But let me just warn you, TSO is not like The Sims. Things are very different.

~Rai

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

Stick to The Sims 2...

The Sims Online is known as "The only PAYING chat messenger software in the world"

because that's all you do... you play The Sims, and you chat.

You might as well load The Sims 2 and have MSN Messenger or TeamSpeak loaded and chat with your friends while you're playing the Sims 2, same thing as playing this game.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• jerseyjersey Member Posts: 14
    No it's not! You can't play TS2 with your friends! image
  • AtheaAthea Member UncommonPosts: 79
    I really didn't like this game, I don't even consider it an MMO. Id rather play anything than this. So to answer your question, NO!

Admin / Owner of warcraftradio.com (World of Warcraft Radio)

• ParadineParadine Member Posts: 5

I agree with punk rock go with the larger based mmorpgs personnaly its not really a rpg and i suggest you go with WoW or eq2 cause those are worth your money and effort in the game.

(I Prefer WoW,just a opinion)

• gfboixxgfboixx Member Posts: 108

alrite, although many ppl said u should go w/ WoW or EQII and one or two even mentioned sims2. i would go with sims 2, i mean if ur a sims fan go for it. but if ur going to play a mmorpg, dont buy WoW or EQII. instead, if u have a friend dat has those games, ask them if u can play it for awhile, then if u dont like it, quit. I myself would wait though and get DnL(dark n light). dont wanna offend the WoW and EQII fans as in a way i enjoy them both, but DnL will be way better and at the same cost. so basically, if ur a sims die-hard fan like me, go w/ sims2. if u also like mmorpg, play WoW and EQII, but dont buy it and instead check out DnL then make ur decision.

thats my 2 cents. ::::28::

www.darknlight.com www.darknlight.net
    ^3rd generation mmorpg, not WoW or EQII with just their betta graphics, dis game is for everyone, whether ur a grinder, quester, group exper, w/e.

• GannithGannith Member Posts: 31

Well, I didn't think it was -that- bad. I guess because it was the first game that I could get my girl into playing. We both tried to build up our home, and she forced me to continually play the Maze game, which paid out pretty well. In the end, both she and I quit playing because we couldn't build the fantasy mansion that she had in mind.

But that was during the first few months of release. Not sure what it's like now. Like someone else wrote: check it out yourself on their website.

• PoofballPoofball Member Posts: 7

gfboixx, I have been watching Dark and Light for a while, and I'm going to guess that it will suck. I have two reasons why:

1: Little to none community updates, patches, and constant delays.

2: It's French! ;-)

• PoofballPoofball Member Posts: 7

Oh, for the record...Sims Online sucks.

• gfboixxgfboixx Member Posts: 108

Originally posted by Poofball
    gfboixx, I have been watching Dark and Light for a while, and I'm going to guess that it will suck. I have two reasons why:1: Little to none community updates, patches, and constant delays.2: It's French! ;-)

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! u just insulted my favorite mmorpg.... dont think ur gonna get out of it dat easy!!!!!!!::::26::::::26::::::27::::::25::::::26::::::26::!!!
    1. there is patches to the game, but after each patch its followed up by another wave of beta testing.
    no community?? dude have u checked out their site? not www.darknlight.com, dat site is basically providing information, check out www.darknlight.net . that site is basically a forum, but it contains the community, updates, patches, and the latest things. Yes there were delays in the game, but now its all set. as the designers have said, unless nothing goes wrong, its set to open during april 2005.

btw sims online sucks... i must agree.
    just play sims2, way better.

thats my 2 cents! ::::28::

www.darknlight.com www.darknlight.net
    ^3rd generation mmorpg, not WoW or EQII with just their betta graphics, dis game is for everyone, whether ur a grinder, quester, group exper, w/e.

• SpiderVenomSpiderVenom Member Posts: 31

Save some bucks, The Sims online is like playing Sims in one PC and chatting in other PC at the same time, Better find a good chating room free, and play your normal Sims, but if you still want to spend some money, then buy SIMS 2 is more worth.

• Kayle1344Kayle1344 Member Posts: 3
    What I suggest is getting the trial version and try it out before deciding. The only person whose opinion you can truly trust is your own. If you're on dialup, I don't suggest TSO.
  • 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

3.7 rating, I think its the second worse on this site. Don't play it.

• KatheryneKatheryne Member Posts: 130

Oh, yes.  3.7 Rating - as rated by a bunch of people who have never played the game and are just mimicking what they hear.  image

TSO isn't for everyone.  You have to be a special kind of person to enjoy it - imaginative, creative, and fun-loving.  I suspect a vast majority of these PL'ing, PK'ing, spell-puking people just don't fit that category, and just ain't got what it takes to hang out with us! image

• JoeyPieroTSOJoeyPieroTSO Member Posts: 4
    Well sorax22 It's up to you, What i think of the game is its fun and addicting and you can talk to people and meet new friends instead of the offline version when you just play wiht the computer you can acutally play with people alot of people i have been playign for 2 years now and I'm still kicking and theres alot of citys to chose from and  there is a  city called BetaVille it is like the offline version so you can chose to play the  regalur or the offline verison called FreeWill, But if you ever join the game look me up in Alphaville I'm Joey Piero thereimage
  • MaxoidMaxoid Member Posts: 20

You should definetly give it a shot! Unlike most of the flamers here, I have played and still have 3 active subscriptions to this game. It has goals in it for everyone.

• KitKittyKitKitty Member Posts: 15

Sorax, if you want to see the fun of it yourself-- go to:

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=tsogeneral&PHPSESSID=

:) Good luck

Kit & Azrael in BF!!

You gave him the link to City Hall??? image

Poor guy's gonna need a psych consult after that! *giggles*

LMAO!!!!!! Well, I can give him the link to DG then! That's a fun place!

http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/sims/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=dansgrovemain&PHPSESSID=

There ya go!

*giggles with Katheryne and hopes no one sees CH*

Kit & Azrael in BF!!

• Louie916Louie916 Member Posts: 6

I found this place from a thread in CH!! I can’t imagine what I would think if I read CH before I ever tried the game lol.

Some of the discussions might be kind of baffling for those who have never played lol  

You all are just a big off the wall family to me! ~<3 Ya all   image

Awww, right back atcha!

Kit & Azrael in BF!!

Originally posted by Louie916

You all are just a big off the wall family to me! ~<3 Ya all   image

*hugs* image

• ShikiShiki Member Posts: 6

Yikes...link to CH.  Yup..that might be a bit harsh for someone new.  LOL

If someone isn't sure about getting TSO, download the free trial and give it a try and check out the information on the official TSO message boards (http:\sims.stratics.com) or one of the popular fan info sites.

For me, I LOVE it.  Been playing it since December 2002 and for my preference of game playing it's great.  It's not for everyone and the only way you'll know if it's for you is to give it a fair try.

-- Shiki