Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online: Patch 1.3: Class & RvR Changes

2»

Comments

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914
    Originally posted by Votan

Mythic has said this before about ae's, closed beta players told them about this, players since launch have told them this, so forgive the doubt in them actually doing something about it in a meaningful way.

I'm not sure if you played beta or not by this statement, but I did.

I can tell you first hand that BWs were even more overpowered then they are right now.... by a lot, to the point that there would be almost entire warbands of BWs running around the battlefield because no other class was really needed for Order to win.

I had a few screenshots of 22 BWs and 1 RP totally decimiating two full Destruction WBs in beta.  Unfortunately they were lost when I stupidly deleted my beta folder.

So, believe it or not, Mythic actually did do quite a bit to tone down the BWs in beta.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• smutsmut Member Posts: 250
    Originally posted by Rollotamasi

Originally posted by Spaceweed10

Too little, too late.
    Do they think I'm going to continue to pay money for a game that isn't remotely 'finished', and where the goalposts are constantly moved.  Dream on.
    Warhammer is a PvP game where the players do everything possible to avoid each other.  It is a failure of biblical proportions in this respect.

While I am currently playing warhammer and enjoying it I do have to agree with this sentiment for the most part. One of the best ways to stop the other side from flipping a zone in T4 is to simply...not show up.   

Maybe you haven't played lately? That is why they added the Zone Domination system a few months ago. If the enemy never shows up, you'll lock the zone that way to.

Originally posted by nate1980

Originally posted by Rollotamasi

Originally posted by Spaceweed10

Too little, too late.
    Do they think I'm going to continue to pay money for a game that isn't remotely 'finished', and where the goalposts are constantly moved.  Dream on.
    Warhammer is a PvP game where the players do everything possible to avoid each other.  It is a failure of biblical proportions in this respect.

While I am currently playing warhammer and enjoying it I do have to agree with this sentiment for the most part. One of the best ways to stop the other side from flipping a zone in T4 is to simply...not show up.   

another tactic I heard about is bringing a lot of people to the zone. All of your people combined with all of their people tend to crash the zone.

That currently does not happen, that worked in a fort a couple months after Launch because people would bring in a bunch of lowbie characters in but forts are 37+ now and have a pop. cap. This has been the case for months now.

• Vellocet_NZVellocet_NZ Member Posts: 2

Here's the thing, as I see it - not all problems are created equal.

The very first thing you need to fix is stability (both server and client) and performance. When you've fixed that, you can work on attracting people to large-scale battles, and ensuring that those battles are balanced in terms of damage output.

The truth is, for a significant proportion of the player-base, performance in centralised mid-sized battles - and that can be as small scale as a warband or two going against the same number -  is poor enough that the experience isn't enjoyable. Some don't have to deal with lag at all - I'm envious in the extreme of them. Others deal with it. Others still have to basically avoid those situations entirely.

Generally, though, it is bad enough to detract from the gaming experience for a significant amount of gamers - anecdotally, I'd say "a majority", but that's just an opinion.

While I respect the changes, it's the equivalent of putting a really nice paintjob on a car that doesn't have an engine.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by TheHavok

AOE damage is so ridiculous in this game.  I have stated before how, being a witch hunter, I could stand next to a group and be killed in a matter of seconds despite not being targetted by a single person from the opposing faction.

ROTFL....

What part of (A)rea (O)f (Effect) doesn't make sense to you?

EDIT: BTW, you are a Witch Hunter? What the hell are you doing standing next to a group? Get your ass some distance away and use the damn guns you have. Geez...

Originally posted by cfurlin

AOE damage is so ridiculous in this game.  I have stated before how, being a witch hunter, I could stand next to a group and be killed in a matter of seconds despite not being targetted by a single person from the opposing faction.

ROTFL....

EDIT: BTW, you are a Witch Hunter? What the hell are you doing standing next to a group? Get your ass some distance away and use the damn guns you have. Geez...

It makes non AoE classes worthless and the game boring.

Why has Mythic planned sweeping changes to AoE and has already publicly tested sweeping AoE damage AND AoE healing changes? Because it is quite obvious it is a problem and the majority of WAR gamers have been asking for 6 months for AOE to be toned down.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by smut

Originally posted by cfurlin

ROTFL....

It makes non AoE classes worthless and the game boring.

Why has Mythic planned sweeping changes to AoE and has already publicly tested sweeping AoE damage AND AoE healing changes? Because it is quite obvious it is a problem and the majority of WAR gamers have been asking for 6 months for AOE to be toned down.

Really? I have no problem dealing with AOE in the game. You just have to play smart and work a little bit harder. God forbid anyone should see a challenge and work toward overcoming it. That would...well...just be wrong...in a game.

You know what the acronym WAR stand for, right?

(W)oW (with)

(A)dded

(R)vR

At least, that's what it is well on it's way to becoming...