Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So who's buying EQ2? :)

xhulaxhula Member Posts: 21

Used to be a former EQ player, 65 Ench, and played it to death.  There was really no point to the game.  I mean, you log in, you kill for XP, (I would say for loots, but your odds of getting anything good are next to nothing, unless you plan on farming for hours), and if you’re into the trade skills you could sit there for hours on end trying to get that one skill point from 210-211, granted you had the plat to do so.  The economy has gone to hell, all you see is low lvl twinks running around asking for crack and buffs.  I mean, eq live is just, not fun anymore.  The only motivation that kept me still playing was trying to get through the planes, I did everything else there was to do in that damn game.  I quit because SOE’s hopeless agenda to try and “balance” aka. nerfing.  Now I refuse to buy anything by Sony. 

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

Granted EQ 2 has the looks, spacedragon, but if you have ever played EQ live to the end you would know what Riot Girl is talking about. 

I will probably check EQ 2 out (the beta anyways) and see what happens from there.  But I’m not expecting anything big by SOE, not considering what they have done and are doing to EQ live.  I expect nerf nerf nerf. R

When you understand why you reject all other gods but your own, you will understand why I reject yours.

Comments

• VardiaVardia Member Posts: 40
    WTB EQII SO BAD!!  It damn well better be good.

• killerTwinkiekillerTwinkie Member CommonPosts: 1,694

Haha, Vardia is excited image

I really dont want this game, but I know some people that are going to get it so, i might buy it just to be with some buddies now and then.  doubt it though

---------------------------------------
    You can't stop the bum rush
    www.mmorpg.com - staff

KillerTwinkie - That one guy who used to mod mmorpg.com's forums.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Everyone knows how I feel...  image

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Staff

What will he do next?
  • rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786
    EQII may have beautiful graphics, but as many say if the game is still kill and get XP over and over I'd say just go to World Of Warcraft, the graphics are nice and im sure the gameplay will be better than EQII unless it's completely different from the first.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460
    i gotta get a nice comp firstimage

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870
    Me too.

i know there are some high requirments

• ShavekShavek Member Posts: 1

I am looking forward to EQ2. I have tried almost every mmorpg since Eq and they do nothing for. I end up getting bored within a hour. I wonder why eq is so addicting to me more than other games. I played it for 4 years maybe. Before Velious I believe. Right now I dont play any mmorpgs, I did play star wars , terrible.  I gave eq up. 4 years is enough time on that game for me but I do welcome a new eq.

yea eq was EXTREMELY addictive.

but haha flem ive already got my "hot" computer in shipping via UPS! so HA!image

• Jeber21Jeber21 Member Posts: 8

i will be getting EQ2 fo sure .. hopefull getting a new PC b4 EQ2 image

gota be cuttin edge ya know image

Jeber Da Badd azz

Jeber Da Badd azz

• livelyclivelyc Member Posts: 110
    Yea buddyimage  I bought my comp last december and have been upgrading since check out the specs

2.4 P4 533fsb (overclocked to a 2.53 with around 570fsb)
    Radeon 9800pro (core:391 , Mem:351 STABLE)
    1024mb ddr333 Ram (crucial)
    6 case fans , high powered cpu fan
    430 watt enermax power supply

Am i ever going to get Eq2

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

This message has been brought to u by Death, the fulltime sponsor of the lively cadaver

i bought mine last week, lol

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by MurtBijani
    i bought mine last week, lol

i think we know Murt, u started two threads on the subject and mentioned it in numerous others. Someones a little exited ehimage

imageyea i guess you could say that.....it IS MY first computer, bought with MY money, lol

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    I'm not buying it, but if i still played I would of.

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

• RakiishRakiish Member Posts: 27

I defenetly will think it carefully over since i am a ''old'' player of EQ and well i luved the game but i HATED the service and the terror after u hit 40sh image,

And that made me /half in half promise to myself never to buy soe/ubisoft products again....Lets see what happens in the near future..Althou i must admit that Horizons & Final fantasy are raging very high on my list atm image

''Imagination is more important than knowlidge''
    (Albert Einstein)

Socializer 80%
    Explorer 73%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 6%

''Imagination is more important than knowlidge''
    (Albert Einstein)

Socializer 80%
    Explorer 73%
    Achiever 40%
    Killer 6%

well im getting it no doubt..

though i am in the IB program at school, dunno if i will have timeimage

( I.B., AkA Pre-Harvard )

• UrsaboiUrsaboi Member Posts: 82
    BUY HORIZONS!!!!!!!!!!

where the hell did that come form.....lol

• xbiosparkxxbiosparkx Member Posts: 11
    i dunno bout this game...it looks like maiden, but it'll probbally play like korn or slipknot.(shitty)

If you ever run into a biospark...run away

m/ METAL IS LIFE

If you ever run into a biospark...run away

\m/ METAL IS LIFE

• ShindouShindou Member Posts: 23
    Personally given SOE track record releases of their recent MMORPGs I'd hold off on buying EQ2 if I were you.  Who knows it could end up like AC2!  AC is a great game so naturally you would think when AC2 came out it would just raise the bar.  Obviously if any of you have played AC and AC2 you'd know how much of a disappointment AC2 is.  Of course none of us wants EQ2 to end up like that but you know how corporate pigs are, MONEY, MONEY, MONEY.

• LudacrisLudacris Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Ima preorder it one of these days

• KhornateKhornate Member Posts: 17

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I will definately be getting it!  EQ is still the best MMORPG there is but after 4 years I need something new and have quit playing.  None of the other MMORPGs have been fun enough to play for more then a month or two so I have had high hopes for EQ2 since before it was announced.

Though I am a huge supporter of EQ and EQ2 I dont understand why everyone seems to think EQ2 has great graphics.  I will admit they are very advanced looking with the dynamic cloth stuff and bump mapping things but the art style seems horrid to me.  Of all the new major MMORPGS coming out I think it has the worst stylized art (or lack of).  Most of the screenshots and movies look like your watching a claymation Gumbie show or something.  Even worse they destroyed most of what made the original EQ good with its neat cultures and differences between the races and their home cities.

Oh well, no matter what they do, EQ1 was so good I HAVE to give this one a try when it comes out just in case!

• VardiaVardia Member Posts: 40
    I hear ya Misti, I'm with you on the graphics (I thought I was the only one!).  Do you follow www.everquest-2.com at all?  The forums are great there,  Moorgard the SOE Community guy always has something interesting to say, he's awesome. image