Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Server?

Fa+eFa+e Vanguard CorrespondentMember Posts: 190

Hey you guys, I'm trying out the game and having a good time with it.  I'm just wondering what server most of you are on?

Currently Playing: Aion
Trying Out:
Retired: The Chronicles of Spellborn, EvE, LotRo, WoW, VG, AoC, CoX, RO
Waiting on: Blade & Soul, Black Prophecy, Global Agenda, The Agency, SW:ToR, T.E.R.A.
Working On: The 5th Dimension (coming soon)

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

There are calls by the POTBS community to merge all the servers down to one.

It's is farcical to see the POTBS community argue that, "Your server is deader than mine", especially aimed at Defiant and Rackham as if it makes Antigua and Blackbeard superior. They, and the game, are a parody of a match.

Oh well, whatever let's that community sleep well at night, secure in their illusion of gaming uberness.

Anyway, if you wait a bit, the choice of server will be made for you.

• VetarniasVetarnias Member UncommonPosts: 630

Well, there's also the Russian release, but as we all know, in Russia, server chooses you.

Olddaddy is correct, as there are calls for just one server.  Rackham is dead since August or so, Defiant was stillborn (as Australians knew better than to roll there), Roberts is still for the Europeans who like nightflips.  So you have Blackbeard and Antigua.  Blackbeard seems to be where the PvP lords roam these days in their bundleboats; Antigua, having never played there myself except on one occasion that could hardly be called representative, seems to harbour a more diverse community, a blend of PvPers and a few roleplayers and maybe even some economy.

But a merger appears to be inevitable, unless they just pull the plug altogether. I returned to the game in April and wasn't impressed, so I'm gone again.

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356
    Originally posted by Vetarnias

Well, there's also the Russian release, but as we all know, in Russia, server chooses you.

You really can't count the subscribers on the Russian server. Rather than play the game, most of them are busily trying to hack into the SOE credit card database......