Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So WoW is capped at 11.5 Million Subs

TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234

For the last 4 years WoW has increased subsrcibers every quater, now with the release of Dark Fall WoW has stagnated!!! Coincidence????????????

Edit - Link gaming.freedomblogging.com/2009/05/07/wow-stuck-at-115-million-subscribers-blizz-focused-on-starcraft-diablo/2201/

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

Comments

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

There is no such thing as coincidence but it's summer which is more likely reason.

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

link to that bit of news?

• MiklosMiklos Member Posts: 119
    Originally posted by Trand

For the last 4 years WoW has increased subsrcibers every quater, now with the release of Dark Fall WoW has stagnated!!! Coincidence????????????

Hehehehe nice troll attempt - I'm sure the few thousands that play Darkfail has an impact on WoW subscription numbers :)

If any game has an impact on WoW numbers it's Aion in Asia or Runes of Magic elsewhere.

• SigilaeaSigilaea Member Posts: 317
    Originally posted by Trand

Edit - Link gaming.freedomblogging.com/2009/05/07/wow-stuck-at-115-million-subscribers-blizz-focused-on-starcraft-diablo/2201/

So yo are laughing at wow for having 11.5 MILLION subs when Darkfall has 11? What a tard...

• IrishoakIrishoak Member Posts: 633

I give this thread 3/10 for trolling, just because he provided a link. I'm no expert, but I think you're doing it wrong.

In other news, I was 100% sure I've read that almost every fan of Darkfall is anti-WoW and never played, ever, because it's so Carebear. Mind you this is just from the postings of said fans in forums, so grain of salt. The few that did play paid the CIA to waterboard them and do that Clockwork Orange thing until they completely forgot about WoW. And I think one guy cut off his pinky to show shame due to the fact he was a "fan" of Darkfall and secretly played a gnome rogue to level 72 on a PvE server.

So I don't see how people not playing WoW already would cause WoW to suddenly stop gaining subs. Unless those people were telling fibs, shame on them. Or it could be WoW has saturated the market and gamers don't make baby gamers that fast so they have to wait until the next gen of nerds gets a debit card. And with 11.5 million people playing WoW instead of Doctor...