Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone get a refund?

noxxlenoxxle Member Posts: 119

Anyone able to get a refund for this awful game? If so how did you do it? Call your credit card company?

Comments

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546

Lol.

I wish!!

• phrankphrank Member Posts: 238
    Originally posted by noxxle

Anyone able to get a refund for this awful game? If so how did you do it? Call your credit card company?

Don't remember the guys handle but one of the "trolls" got his money back a couple of weeks ago.

I believe he told his CC about the website and the false advertising on it and how AV had not delivered what was promised in consideration for renumeration. (fancy way to say they were in breach of contract).

There was someone else just last week that did a charge back against AV and from what he said the CC processing company told him it was rather common in relation to AV.

So you might go back thru the threads for the last couple weeks and look. I got my money back on Deceit-n-Lie a couple years ago, so anything should be possible

• Hammertime1Hammertime1 Member Posts: 619

I guess that techically you could point out the "false advertising" from the website ( and that might be a good reason to update the front page, get on it T! ) but honestly, who has not done at least some research into DF before playing it ( and it's not like it doesn't take a bit off work and luck to get an account to play ) ?

To get a refund in this manner does not seem very honest, but that's just my opinion ( and yes, I pointed out that the devs need to update the web page, so I do see both sides in this discussion ) .

• SeytanSeytan Member Posts: 653
    Originally posted by phrank

Don't remember the guys handle but one of the "trolls" got his money back a couple of weeks ago.

I believe he told his CC about the website and the false advertising on it and how AV had not delivered what was promised in consideration for renumeration. (fancy way to say they were in breach of contract).

There was someone else just last week that did a charge back against AV and from what he said the CC processing company told him it was rather common in relation to AV.

So you might go back thru the threads for the last couple weeks and look. I got my money back on Deceit-n-Lie a couple years ago, so anything should be possible

Pretty much what I read as well on the DFO forums. People claim they were able to effect chargebacks. Frankly I think people whom played and do this are well sad. You knew it was a pay for experience, then you claim otherwise. I duly note however that almost 2000 people have posted saying that they paid for but cannot run the game in the DFO forums. If you fall in that group, id assume its a no brainer to charge back in that case, and in that case I fully agree with you.

• phrankphrank Member Posts: 238
    Originally posted by Seytan

Pretty much what I read as well on the DFO forums. People claim they were able to effect chargebacks. Frankly I think people whom played and do this are well sad. You knew it was a pay for experience, then you claim otherwise. I duly note however that almost 2000 people have posted saying that they paid for but cannot run the game in the DFO forums. If you fall in that group, id assume its a no brainer to charge back in that case, and in that case I fully agree with you.

It's also a no brainer to do a charge back when what is delivered is not what is contracted for. Case in point...... Darkfall the game vs Darkfall the hype and lies on the website.

• KrayzjoelKrayzjoel Member Posts: 906

You should not get a refund back becuse you think its an awful game. You paid for the service and they delivered you that service, whether you enjoyed the game or not. Just dont resub if you didnt like the game.

I watched a friend of mine play DF  several times and I wasnt very impressed, I'll wait for a trial version once all the quirks are worked out of the game.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
    Playing EVE Online and AOC.
    Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

• WisebutCruelWisebutCruel Member Posts: 1,089
    Originally posted by Krayzjoel

You should not get a refund back becuse you think its an awful game. You paid for the service and they delivered you that service, whether you enjoyed the game or not. Just dont resub if you didnt like the game.
    I watched a friend of mine play DF  several times and I wasnt very impressed, I'll wait for a trial version once all the quirks are worked out of the game.

Go read Aventurines' description of the "service" they provide, and then compare it to the actual "service" they provide.

I imagine most people are paying for the stated service, which is not what they recieve. Therefore, they deserve a full refund.

And apparently, since the credit card companies have gotten to the point of knowing why someone wants to cancel DF without needing to ask, they would seem to agree.

• SpoonpottSpoonpott Member Posts: 180
    Originally posted by WisebutCruel

Go read Aventurines' description of the "service" they provide, and then compare it to the actual "service" they provide.

I imagine most people are paying for the stated service, which is not what they recieve. Therefore, they deserve a full refund.

And apparently, since the credit card companies have gotten to the point of knowing why someone wants to cancel DF without needing to ask, they would seem to agree.

The Darkfall we got is much better than what was advertised, they really exeeded all expectations.

Go back to WoW etc...

The rules of Debate are really simple; once you have to stoop to insults instead of facts, logic, or reason to try and win your argument, you've lost.

• TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234

If you try and do a chargeback Tasos will gank you and take your credit card!

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

Originally posted by Trand

If you try and do a chargeback Tasos will gank you and take your credit card!

That would be a most welcome action. International theft resulting in a nicely damp prison cell would be an acceptable, as well as enjoyable, end to his "career" ( which I don't really see lasting much longer no matter what ).

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477
    Originally posted by Spoonpott

Originally posted by WisebutCruel

The Darkfall we got is much better than what was advertised, they really exeeded all expectations.

Go back to WoW etc...

Sarcasm is strong in this one.. lol

Unless your being serious and then I would have to smack you around with a smelly trout.

The game AV delivered was not even 1/10th of what is on their website of which still states beta first impressions.

• IsaneIsane Member UncommonPosts: 2,630

This game has run as smooth as, appart from the initial week and the queuing madness and schedule slots for maintenance. People having shity hardware is no excuse for a refund. The game is limited release and still heavily in development, and even in it's current state offers more game wise than the current crop of MMOs.

And I have never been a PvP fan...... which has surprised me.

Originally posted by Isane

This game has run as smooth as, appart from the initial week and the queuing madness and schedule slots for maintenance. People having shity hardware is no excuse for a refund. The game is limited release and still heavily in development, and even in it's current state offers more game wise than the current crop of MMOs.

And I have never been a PvP fan...... which has surprised me.

No, but false advertisement is.