Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

soulshots?

dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

I saw in a post someone mention soulshots, did they really add the L2 soulshot mechanic to this game?

I really hope not, it was the worst feature in lineage, I don't believe you should have to tote suitcases full of items just to make your attacks viable in combat.

Comments

• DirtykillaDirtykilla Member Posts: 55

There are soulshots per say but they are a static +x amount of damage. Instead of the +% like it is in L2 (or so ive heard, never played l2)

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

Still tho you buy assloads of soulshots for pvp then and use them with every attack and those who don't die.

Lame as potion spamming.

• LailoskeLailoske Member Posts: 11

The damage diffrence is pretty minor, I didn't see much of a difference while using them so fortunately they won't be as mandatory as in lineage.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

I have a boat load of them via drop's from mobs, Have not used them yet. There not vital to any fight and nuker classes cannot use them.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301
    Originally posted by dippitydodah

I saw in a post someone mention soulshots, did they really add the L2 soulshot mechanic to this game?

I really hope not, it was the worst feature in lineage, I don't believe you should have to tote suitcases full of items just to make your attacks viable in combat.

Soulshots were a money sink in L2. I was addicted to them back in the day, hehehe.

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

I liked the L2 soulshots.  They added a whole new complexity to the game.

You had to plan your inventory wieght in advance, shop around for the best deals, possibly craft your own, budget them out in raids, choose between different classes of them depending on the situation (blessed vs regular), use them in the calculation cost of a different weapon....

They were a complete game mechanic that added depth within themselves.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • LynxJSALynxJSA Member RarePosts: 3,332
    Originally posted by stayontarget

I have a boat load of them via drop's from mobs, Have not used them yet. There not vital to any fight and nuker classes cannot use them.

Agreed. I just let them pile up in the two weapon slots and occasionally turen them on now and then to use some up. The difference is so minor that they are a nice bonus here and there but nothing anyone depends on. Very different from L2 where that stuff is crack. :)

-- Whammy - a 64x64 miniRPG 
    RPG Quiz - can you get all 25 right? 
    FPS Quiz - how well do you know your shooters?  
  • thilakthilak Member Posts: 21

Can mages use these?

I tried but its not working

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Originally posted by thilak

Can mages use these?
    I tried but its not working

No, they are no good for magic user's, Just save and sell them or put them in storage and save them for your ALT.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• dippitydodahdippitydodah Member Posts: 130

well thank the gods, the ss in lineage were so powerful that for melee it made most of your skills all pointless compared to just SS spamming.  I'd just auto attack and hold down F2.

And as a mage the good SS made your spells like 3 times as powerful, who wouldn't use those.