Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

U.B. Funkeys: U.B. Funkeys Review

StraddenStradden Managing EditorMember CommonPosts: 6,696

MMORPG.com reviewer and resident kids stuff expert Carolyn Koh takes a look at UB Funkeys, the children's collectible MMO.

Where shall we start?

In order to access the game, you require UB - the USB critter that plugs into your computer, and the smaller, more colorful Funkeys. The Funkey sits on UB's hollow back and contact plates on its feet transmit data to the base. Your online avatar changes to that particular Funkey on the fly. Strong magnets connect the Funkey to UB and little hands will manage to do that quite well.

The UB Funkey starter pack costs about $20 and consists of UB, the software and two funkeys which give you access to a portal or two and their Funkey house. The starter pack as well as additional Funkeys can be purchased at your big-box stores such as Wal-Mart, Walgreens and Targets as well as online retailers. Once your software is installed and your game patched, off you go into the world of Terrapina.

Read U.B. Funkeys Review

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

My 30 year old brother loves his Funkeys-- he says it's a cool combination of toy and game. (He's going through a post-divorce second childhood.)

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

Lol, plz post a pic of him playing!!

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Next time I get out to see him, I will do that. I hear that recently, he's been playing a whole lot of Halo, though.

The part that's hilarious to me is that he thinks that players of regular MMOs (WoW, EQ, LOTRO, whatever) need to get a life and step back from those games because they are a "waste of your life" (as quoted from one of his blogs). That attitude is really funny from a grown man who owns Funkeys. 

This is where I draw the line: __________________.