Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What has been the most boring mmorpg you have ever played/ tried to play? Not the worse, just the mo

Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

So, Which mmorpg has been the most boring game to play for you guys. I don't mean boring in a way like you could never find a group to do stuff with, or boring in the way that you didn't like the style or lore. I mean playing the game itself felt like a chore not something you were looking forward to doing. Chances are you stayed if its a P2P game because you wanted to at least play for the 30 days you payed for (or the free 30 day period) or maybe you were in a F2P game and bought something from the item mall and decided to give it a little time...anyhow

Which game has been the most boring game to actually play for you?

For me It would have to be Sword of the new world Granado Espada. Actually watching my character grind monster after monster after monster with no challenge what so ever and the exp bar going up from %9.124 to 9.224 in 15 min just has to be by far the worse experience I have ever had in mmorpgs.

Second to that I have to say Shaiya because it was so uninspired the quests were so dull and boring as well it felt like chore to play that game.

The most fun game I ever played was FFXI, To me it just felt like a Massive real life scale world. Its just enormous by far the largest mmorpg world I have ever seen. There is so much to do in that world so many places to explore, I never found it boring even to grind because grinding in that game is actually a group based challenge.

Second to FFXI I had to admit it but for its time back in 2005 world of warcraft was an amazing epic adventure in a massive world as well full of wonder and mystery. Not at the same level as FFXI because to me the world felt much more linear and much more obvious how to do everything. It was frankly to easy which didn't make exploring the world as fun.

Comments

• RallycartRallycart Member UncommonPosts: 717

I just needed to applaud you on making your post longer than your title. Seriously. I clicked your title expecting to see a one line post after the half a book you posted as your title, lol.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Ah yes, you didn't like SotNW because it wasn't enough like WoW.

• megaraxmegarax Member UncommonPosts: 269

Warhammer online.

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Actually If you bother to read the post you would clearly see that The main Reason I dislike SoTNW was because it lacked any kind of challenge to level up. You sat your chracters in one spot and did nothing.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

For me the most boring game was AoC I bought it a little while after it came out and played it for 2 days, then uninstalled it.  Everybody was raving how good the first 20 levels were and I felt like id rather scratch my eyes out than log into the game again. 

The most fun game has to be FFXI, while it wasn't my first MMO it was the one ive played the longest. I played for 3 years and never played a game that had me so addicted.

Originally posted by cukimunga

For me the most boring game was AoC I bought it a ltile while after it came out and played it for 2 days, then unistalled it.  Everybody was raving how good the first 20 levels were and I felt like id rather scratch my eyes out than log into the game again. 

The most fun game has to be FFXI, while it wasn't my first MMO it was the one ive played the longest. I played for 3 years and never played a game that had me so addicted.

I liked AoC 1-20 Sorta...I mean it was not bad, but once I got to 25 I had lost all inspiration to keep playing myself as well.Felt bland and stale.

Originally posted by Calintz333

Actually If you bother to read the post you would clearly see that The main Reason I dislike SoTNW was because it lacked any kind of challenge to level up. You sat your chracters in one spot and did nothing.

Actually i did bother to read your post. I was refering to one of your previous "reviews" where you complained the game "Did not havz enuf go kill XX quests!!11"

1: If you find any mmorpg of today "Challenging", you probably need to drop gaming right now. No MMORPG is challenging.

2: If you let your characters sit in one spot, you are seriously damaging your progression pace. You can easily level 20x as fast by playing the game. Sword of the New World is build around killing multiple enemies with AoE attack, not killing them one by one. It's downright shocking you got that far in the game and completely missed that concept.

• JosherJosher Member Posts: 2,818

Most Boring -- Eve

Most Fun -- WOW

• Squal'ZellSqual'Zell Member Posts: 1,803
    Originally posted by Josher

Most Boring -- Eve
    Most Fun -- WOW

Most Boring -- WoW

Most Fun -- EvE

(to each their own opinion)

Originally posted by Gameloading

Actually i did bother to read your post.

1: If you find any mmorpg of today "Challenging", you probably need to drop gaming right now. No MMORPG is challenging.

2: If you let your characters sit in one spot, you are seriously damaging your progression pace. You can easily level 20x as fast by playing the game. Sword of the New World is build around killing multiple enemies with AoE attack, not killing them one by one. It's downright shocking you got that far in the game and completely missed that concept.

FFXI - CoP lvl 40 & 60 cap Missions

Nyzul Isle Floor 1-5 floor 90-100

If you manage to clear ether of those on ur first or second try then kudos to you for managing what almost all of the best geared longest playing Highest ranking FFXI players could not.

Also AoE solo grinding is a boring concept to being with actually PLAYING sword is more boring than leaving it running in the background to me.

Originally posted by Squal'Zell

Originally posted by Josher

Most Boring -- Eve
    Most Fun -- WOW

Most Boring -- WoW

Most Fun -- EvE

(to each their own opinion)

I have so many friends who feel same way Squalzell.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Of the mainstream games, I'd have to say WAR.  I immediately had a "been there, done that" feeling when I entered the world.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Most fun mmo for me was FFXI because the community was awesome and the game was simply fun playing with others.

Most boring mmo I have tried was EVE. Sorry but I was literally yawning through the trial experience. I like more action in my mmos.

If you manage to clear ether of those on ur first or second try then kudos to you for managing what almost all of the best geared longest playing Highest ranking FFXI players could not.

Also AoE solo grinding is a boring concept to being with actually PLAYING sword is more boring than leaving it running in the background to me.

heh nice one backing out.

about FFXI, The so called "Challenge" in MMO's like that is finding the required equipment and being the right level. that isn't challenging, that is a timesink.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

WoW as my most enjoyable experience

Most boring... EVE, I love spaceships, just cant get into that game.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• sa1yamansa1yaman Member Posts: 272

heh nice one backing out.

about FFXI, The so called "Challenge" in MMO's like that is finding the required equipment and being the right level. that isn't challenging, that is a timesink.

you sure know vhat level cap means, right? and best gear?

• Glacial_RainGlacial_Rain Member Posts: 110

most boring for me: FF XI only because i didn't have the time to sink into finding groups

most enjoyable: City of Villians or EQ2

• NovaKayneNovaKayne Member Posts: 743

Most boring:  EVE

Most Enjoyable: SWG pre-CU. / CoH-CoV 

Both of those games I subscribed to for over 2 years each.  The MOST time I ever speant in a single game and they basically are tied.  Most MMO rarely last about 4-6 months with me.

Say hello, To the things you've left behind. They are more a part of your life now that you can't touch them.

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865

Most boring goes easily to Eve. Just cant get into a game where my avatar is a space ship. The most addict and fun game I've ever played was Ultima Online. Sometimes I still miss it and consider resubbing.

Oh yeah, Sword of the new world sucks . It's just another asian grinder

• sigamonsigamon Member Posts: 230

Most boring mmo- WoW, my friends finally convinced me to try it since they said it was the greatest mmo in history. so i did, and i was bored out of my mind. stayed for a week, got to lvl 50 on my warlock, then quit.

Most fun mmo- EQ1 at launch - SoL expansion.  It was my 2nd mmo, and it blew my mind. I've never had as much fun as i did playin that.  Also, its the longest period of time i have ever spent in one mmo.

Originally posted by sigamon

Most boring mmo- WoW, my friends finally convinced me to try it since they said it was the greatest mmo in history. so i did, and i was bored out of my mind. stayed for a week, got to lvl 50 on my warlock, then quit.
    Most fun mmo- EQ1 at launch - SoL expansion.  It was my 2nd mmo, and it blew my mind. I've never had as much fun as i did playin that.  Also, its the longest period of time i have ever spent in one mmo.

lvl 50 in 1 week your first time playing damn dude lol

• sigamonsigamon Member Posts: 230

Originally posted by sigamon

lvl 50 in 1 week your first time playing damn dude lol

my buddies had been playing a long time so they knew where to go to level real quick and what quests to do. they rerolled with me so we just ran thru it in no time at all.

• jamesd129jamesd129 Member Posts: 93

EVE would probably be one of the best games ever made if it wasn't so extraordinarily and excruciatingly boring.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

WoW - most fun to play

WoW - most boring to play

Hear me out.  Playing through the new content with RL friends was a blast..  Very easy and relaxed, hard to die, no need to read one damn word of any quest they are so freakin' simple...but not immersive.  Not one damn bit.  But as soon as you hit level cap *BAM* it becomes the most boring grind imaginable.

Grind for rep.  Check.

Grind raids.  Check.

Grind heroics.  Check.

Grind PVP.  Check.

Grind for gold.  Check.

Grind for accomplishments.  Check.

Gouge my eyes out.  Check.

• SixfeetunderSixfeetunder Member UncommonPosts: 180

most boring - WoW and WaR

Most fun SWG pre cu and before the NGE but   now is  AoC because ...i don't have a other choice... need end game but in general ,the game is the best ..for me