Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats the Difference Between PW and Runes of Magic?

So, whats the difference between this and Runes of Magic?

What is pvp like in Perfect World? (battlegrounds? RvRish? etc)

What is the pvp like in Runes of Magic?

What kind of crowd control is there?

Are there stealther classes?

I refuse to buy gear in either game.
How much of a role will this play in my pvp experience.

Which one is more casual?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I just started Perfect World a few days ago so I dont know much but I do like Perfect World much better than Runes Of Magic.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Pvp in Perfect World is much like Runes of Magic, it is highly dependent on how much you spend in the item shop.  It has a form of pvp called Territory Wars where your guild controls territory, but again is highly dependent on how many big spenders you have in the guild.

The item shop in PW is a bit more expensive than RoM though.

No crowd control beyond some very short stuns.  Barbarians(in tiger form) are the aggro control in the game, Blademasters have a little, but are much better at direct damage.

No stealthing classes.  which is a big benefit.

If you don't buy gear in this game, meaning the expensive stuff, your pvp experience will suffer to a large extent.  This game is designed to make you buy things from the item shop.

I play PW casually, have never spent a dime in the item shop and still have fun, but then I avoid pvp and Territory Wars. 

• logangregorlogangregor Member Posts: 1,524

I would never play a pve only game, much less a FREE Item Shop pve game.

Thank you for helping me make a decision.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

I also would never play a PVE only game. If you comming to Perfect World join Harshlands Server.

• randomuser83randomuser83 Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Pvp in Perfect World is much like Runes of Magic, it is highly dependent on how much you spend in the item shop.  It has a form of pvp called Territory Wars where your guild controls territory, but again is highly dependent on how many big spenders you have in the guild. 

lol sorry but no.  I've been PvPing avidly on Lost City and haven't had to spend a dime on the game.  There are ways to access cash shop items without spending money buddy.

• TyrrhonTyrrhon Member Posts: 412

I have just tried PW for very short time and blatant grinders are not my cup of tea so i cannot help much. (I have nothing against mob grind per se, just in PW it even lacks the relaxing trance state for me and it lacks other options in playstyle.)

But I can tell you that Runes of Magic have worst PvP you can imagine. Unbalanced classes, long duration crowd control, broken CS items, no incentives. Otherwise RoM is basically PvE game with great levelling (almost WoW quality), broken endgame, crippled market and nonexistant PvP. It is truly free game because levelling can be easily played for free and no reasonable individual will stay after that.