Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EverQuest II: 10 New Exclusive Screens!

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

This week we have 10 new and exclusive shots for our EverQuest II fans!  This time we have shots from the dungeon "StormHold."

NOTE: Registered members that are logged in can download the high-rez 1600x1200 versions using the links under each shot.

MMORPG.COM Exclusive (09.30.04)

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

View 1600x1200

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• aLeX666aLeX666 Member Posts: 153
    Damn... anyone who has a CLUE about Computer Graphics know that EQ2 is wayyyyyyyyy overrated. Let's put Bump map textures so all the ignoramus beg for more l33tness!

"I am trying to see things from your perspective but I just can't get my head that far up my @$$."

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

SOE even bumpmaps Water!  NEATO!

Look at that cloud!  It's has bump map!! 1337! K3//l!111111!

A World of Warcraft Guild

ICQ - 1229876

What will he do next?
  • GenjingGenjing Member Posts: 441

The player model in the top right is disgusting. FFXI's player models look better than that... and has much much better artistic design too.

EQ2 may be very technologically advanced, but that just makes it all the more pathetic that its ugly as hell.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Why the heck would anyone complain about bump maps? It adds a lot to the visual quality and realism and is a feature well supported by modern video cards.

My only problem is that the strength setting of some of the bump maps on some charactger models and armor are set a bit high, but I've seen some improvement in this in some of the more recent screen shots, so they may have figured that out already.

The environments all look nice. However, if the staff here has any ability to request some specific screenies, I would love to see more out doors in daylight. The dimly lit environments can look cool and set a great mood in gameplay, but they don't come off very well in static screen shots. So please, we need some nice shots of the world geopgraphy and out door points of interest! :)

A final caveat, I hated WoW graphics based just on the screen shots, but playing the Stress gave me an entirely new, positive perspective on the graphics. Good screens can give you a taste of the potential for the engine, but final judgement really needs to be reserved untill you can experience the graphics in game.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• StonenStonen Member Posts: 7

Very nice. ::::28::

I'm really looking forward to see how this game turns out.

• AeonsoulAeonsoul Member Posts: 22

Nice screenies!

I hope they show more of the spell effects in the future. image

• XiraXira Member Posts: 437

WALLS!!!!

Why does everyone take pictures of WALLS!!!!

• qwertyfrozenqwertyfrozen Member Posts: 12
    i cant waitimage would like to see some of the monstersimage though. plz post some. looking greatimage

• z11gtrz11gtr Member Posts: 2

VERY NICE SCREENS

• z12rftz12rft Member Posts: 1

EQ2 will be the best

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

WOW! I can see the individual polygons on that one wall on the last picture. AMAZING GRAPHICS!!!! ::::33::

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Achiever 46%, Socializer 33%, Explorer 33%

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%