Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Win32 virus detected

Ok i downloaded the client and on the install my avg said high level threat detected win32/devir. Anyone else get this or just me. BTw downloaded it off main site.

Comments

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183

false positive. AVG does that a lot....try Zone Alarm Security Suite, anyway....far superior in every way.

• PaulehPauleh Member UncommonPosts: 78

Zone alarm security suite is a terrible program.  Use Kaspersky

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Or use ThreatFire: www.threatfire.com/

It's a less of a rescource hog. IMO

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Wharg0ulWharg0ul Member Posts: 4,183
    Originally posted by Pauleh

nice!! so when does your stand-up tour start?? Can I expect to see you on Comedy Central soon??

Seriously, I've been using zone alarm since 1995. I've never had a virus, or a trojan in all that time, and I go to some VERY questionable sites...sites that I can't even mention on a forums such as this.

I've suggested zone alarm to people who get infected by every virus known to man, and totally halted their problems as soon as it was installed.

It uses a mere 3mb of system memory, and less than 1% of the CPU.

AND...you can easily pronounce it!!

• GamerDude5GamerDude5 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Originally posted by Wharg0ul

Originally posted by Pauleh

nice!! so when does your stand-up tour start?? Can I expect to see you on Comedy Central soon??

Seriously, I've been using zone alarm since 1995. I've never had a virus, or a trojan in all that time, and I go to some VERY questionable sites...sites that I can't even mention on a forums such as this.

I've suggested zone alarm to people who get infected by every virus known to man, and totally halted their problems as soon as it was installed.

It uses a mere 3mb of system memory, and less than 1% of the CPU.

AND...you can easily pronounce it!!

I disagree Kaspersky is far better AV for a firewall I would choose Zone Alarm, but Kaspersky  is the best AV out there. Even still Zone Alarm causes many problems with your internet if you dont know how to configure it right. I dont always keep Kaspersky running cause it can take up resources only use it when I need to.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

Bah! "Avast!" Why aren't you using it yet!

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by Kordesh

Bah! "Avast!" Why aren't you using it yet!

This.

Avast! is win. Download, install, forget.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• MaimMaim Member Posts: 58

Yeah i got turned off the threat detection on the game it works fine now.

• neonwireneonwire Member Posts: 1,787
    Originally posted by Maim

Ok i downloaded the client and on the install my avg said high level threat detected win32/devir. Anyone else get this or just me. BTw downloaded it off main site.

Hi Maim

Its a false alarm generated by AVG. I got exactly the same error message. There actually is no virus at all. You dont need to change you anti-virus software or anything silly like that. All you need to do is this.......

Double click your AVG icon. Go into Tool > Advanced Settings > Exceptions. Then click on the "Add Path" button and select the "C://Program Files/ The Chronicles of Spellborn" folder. Then click Apply, close AVG and start up The Chronicles of Spellborn. Click the "Check files" option which it will run through very quickly and then start the game and everything will be fine.

I got this error message just after their most recent patch. Dont be put off by this minor hickup as TCoS is probably the best mmo around at the moment. Cya ingame soon.......oh and my characters name is Draithus if you want any help with anything when in the game......although to be honest everyone is pretty helpful in this game. We could always do with extra members in our fine and honourable guild as well if you're interested.

• SarayuSarayu Member UncommonPosts: 25

Hello, I was having this same problem. Now TCoS won't open. Is it because AVG already threw the file in the vault and removed it? Am I going to need to repair or reinstall the game now?

Thx for your time and help.