Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EVE Online: Apocrypha Review

2»

Comments

• Mopar63Mopar63 Member UncommonPosts: 300
    Originally posted by Mymh

Another benefit is that EVE has a few elements that lets you log off even when you are near combat. One option is just simply to dock up in a station. Another to cloak up. Alot of players have wife, kids, etc, so if you just say "gotta sleep, work/school" tomorrow, people will say nn/bye. Unlike in other games where you break a raid/group by just disappearing.
    I'm a fulltime gamer myself, playing multiple MMO's since.. the dawn on these games. And I think it's safe to say that EVE is the most casual friendly, and RL forgiving game I've played. You can be useful in cheap ships, noone needs to access the 'endgame', noone flames you for logging off when RL calls, and you don't have to spend hours and hours griding experience, level up skills, or standings with factions.

Mymh thank you for pointing out something that most people do not seem to get. While a lot of players seem to ahve no life outside their game the majority of us have families and a real social life that can make demands on us at inconvient times for gaming. Your post is spot on to this point.

To the reviewer, this is seriosuly one of the best and most accurate reviews I have seen done on this site. Nice to see a reviewer that actually seems to spend time playing the game.

• ShadowsladyShadowslady Member UncommonPosts: 148

the game looks so much fun, but its reaally had to start. I'll be playing DFO

Shadowlord Sage
    CmdrAkbar

Napa Valley, UO, 1997.

• mcquaidedmcquaided Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by eric_w66

Originally posted by Ozmodan

Originally posted by cosy

Sleeper/Wormhole content isn't that accessible for solo players.

was never made for solo players and i hope will bee that way

Indeed, it'll be empty and useless. My friends have all stopped going in. The excitement has worn off. The sleepers drop junk loot, risk is far greater than reward, the scanning issues of having 30 returns all clumped next to each other suck, and tech 3 cruisers aren't worth it.

It's kinda like faction warfare. A complete and utter bust.

CCP keeps trying to drive "victims" into the PvP playing field, but the "victims" don't want to go. So all you end up with is the odd pirate/griefer fleet trying to gank some newb (as usual) who wants to explore WH space.

CCP expanded "space" by 42%! Too bad it'll be as "used" as most of 0.0, which is to say, it isn't.

We got the fact the first time you badmouthed the changes that you did not like it.  Posting again with the same whine just makes you a whiner who obviously can't be bothered learning something new.   Just to let you know, the sleepers drop tech 3 items that sell very well.

My corpmates and I have spent most of the past few weeks in the worm hole areas and we have done very well, far better than fooling around in high sec for sure, probably made more than if we were doing runs in 0.0 too.

So just because you and your friends are too lazy to learn the new areas does not mean the rest of us aren't having a blast with them.  Maybe you should find another game that does not challenge your intellect.

Oh and the new player experience is far far better than the old one.  You obviously have not tried it, because it is a much better method of teaching someone how to play the game.  

We got the fact that you're a fanboy and that apocrypha is the perfect expansion with nothing wrong with it the first time you posted, so why bore us again with your drivel about how wonderful it is a second time round?

Sure, if you play non-stop with a corp of people who play non-stop WH space may be as lucrative as high-sec mining veldspar, but if you don't... well.... its not.

dude your full of it big time.

wormhole space is a constant battle. oh even people move there now, take a small pos, drop some ships in it and get rdy to not only harvest the area but defend themselves from others who discover a way into that space via another wormhole

the corp im in went with 6 people to one . we netted more than 1 bil isk in drops alone. we were driven out but we made our good share of isk.

your just wahhh wahh because you cannot solo it.... cry some more oh

go back to wow. yeah i damn said it you poor poor carebear.

Im going to sell you a dream.

• DarrenWrightDarrenWright Member Posts: 13

I play EVE, im Commander Darren and i do love my Vindicater ship, im Gallente and i have a few friends on it, but i must say STO's customisableness is winning me over, and EVE can be a little to slow sometimes on learning skills etc esp when you have played it a while like i have, at least in STO, you can see the progress and not have to wait for it ..

Ill have to wait and see how STO goes but im sure it will be amazing.

Darren Wright

• ZeroxinZeroxin Member UncommonPosts: 2,515

The big "con" is definitely the group-only-ness of the wormhole systems.  Aside from the fact you can get ganked by players, the sleepers themselves can do the job just as well, so what does that mean? You have to bring in overwhelming firepower. Like usual. It isn't that the AI is vastly improved. Its just harder to kill and  uses a few tricks that the old AI didn't. There isn't any "skill" involved in fighting them, you just have to have enough people to tank the damage and dish the damage. Like before, except it requires a lot more people.
    Just what Eve didn't need. More empty group oriented zones.
    Aside from all that, the question has to be asked: "Why go there at all?" 
    1) Tech 3 cruisers? Heh. Not worth it, even if they were cheap. Sure you can min/max them more than a normal one, but they're still cruisers. And who's gonna use them for pvp when they cost billions and aren't that much better than a ship that cost a few million?
    2) Mining? Nope. The dangers involved in moving a mining operation into WH space are too great to justify the effort. Why mine veldspar in WH space when you can mine it in safety in High-Sec?
    3) Exploration sites? Well, again, they're surrounded by sleepers who'll roast your exploration ship in seconds, so what's the point here?
    That's about all there is to do, unless you're just looking to gank someone.

"Group-only-ness"?

I am a prime example of a person who solos not only class 3 wormholes but class 6!!! DUN DUN DUuuuuuuuN!! And it's called blitzing it's not the same blitzing you do with missions because these guys have incredible tracking. Please don't rid me of my skills CCP! It's the only way an explorer like me can make a living without having many friends online.

So I don't know what you're talking about but I can go into wormholes and do whatever CCP wanted me to do and more SOLO! DUN DUN DUuuuuuUUuuUUUN!

This is not a game.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Zeroxin

The big "con" is definitely the group-only-ness of the wormhole systems.  Aside from the fact you can get ganked by players, the sleepers themselves can do the job just as well, so what does that mean? You have to bring in overwhelming firepower. Like usual. It isn't that the AI is vastly improved. Its just harder to kill and  uses a few tricks that the old AI didn't. There isn't any "skill" involved in fighting them, you just have to have enough people to tank the damage and dish the damage. Like before, except it requires a lot more people.
    Just what Eve didn't need. More empty group oriented zones.
    Aside from all that, the question has to be asked: "Why go there at all?" 
    1) Tech 3 cruisers? Heh. Not worth it, even if they were cheap. Sure you can min/max them more than a normal one, but they're still cruisers. And who's gonna use them for pvp when they cost billions and aren't that much better than a ship that cost a few million?
    2) Mining? Nope. The dangers involved in moving a mining operation into WH space are too great to justify the effort. Why mine veldspar in WH space when you can mine it in safety in High-Sec?
    3) Exploration sites? Well, again, they're surrounded by sleepers who'll roast your exploration ship in seconds, so what's the point here?
    That's about all there is to do, unless you're just looking to gank someone.

"Group-only-ness"?

I am a prime example of a person who solos not only class 3 wormholes but class 6!!! DUN DUN DUuuuuuuuN!! And it's called blitzing it's not the same blitzing you do with missions because these guys have incredible tracking. Please don't rid me of my skills CCP! It's the only way an explorer like me can make a living without having many friends online.

So I don't know what you're talking about but I can go into wormholes and do whatever CCP wanted me to do and more SOLO! DUN DUN DUuuuuuUUuuUUUN!

Dude send me a freaking forum mail with your ship and fittings capable of soloing a Class 6 lol.

I don't really explore like that (mostly just ur regular combat sites when I get bored) but I'm really interested in knowing what you use lol.

I read about T3 ships soloing Class 4 but 6 sounds crazy.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum