Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fasaria World - great MMO for fans of old school EQ type MMOs.

Comments

• PatchDayPatchDay Member Posts: 1,641
    Originally posted by yodablaze

Sorry about the delay.
    Farming:
    1. You first go up to your garden or farming area.

2. You either select collect seeds or harvest.

3. You need enough seeds to harvest or you will not be able to. If you have enough, you will be able to harvest and collect the resource the plant has to offer (berries, mushrooms or herbs). You then gain labor experience and each time you harvest you gain one level in farming (500 max level). The higher your level, the more seeds and resources you can harvest. When you gain enough labor experience your labor level increases and you gain medals and extra attributes to spend on your character.

4. Each time you collect seeds or harvest you use up turns. You have to earn turns through combat in order to continue farming this system is true with mining. There is a total of 100 turns and you gain +1 turn after each defeat of an enemy of any level. This system prevents over grinding of farming as you have to also earn turns to collect seeds and harvest. 

5. Your resources are used to create healing elixirs and mana elixirs. These elixirs are vital for survival in battle and is a major asset in the game. Managing your elixirs will determine how well you fair in battle so each resource is important. This system makes farming and combat very important as they both help each other out. You can not buy elixirs from a shop, you can only purchase it from other members so it is a great asset. Your priesthood determines how many elixirs you can make and you gain priesthood experience each time you create elixirs.
    Crystonia and Mithronia:
    Crystonia and Mithronia bars are made through smelting. You use the gold bars, crystonia and mithronia nuggets that you gained from mining to smelt bars. You gain smelting experience each time you create a bar and your smelting levels up with enough experience. Crystonia and Mithronia bars are used along with your in game currency to purchase weapons, armor and items. They are considered another form of currency.

This is a simple system but it works as they all tie in together nicely. I'll try to post more info soon, but excuse me if I don't reply in a timely fashion. We will be updating our website with more info soon.

Why force a 'farmer' to kill creatures? Why cant they just farm and craft? One thing I like about EVE Online a guy can be a pure crafter/trader. You dont have to swing a sword to craft.

Anyway game sounds very interesting anf fresh. Personally though I prefer classless and realtime combat. OR Realtime combat combined with 'pauses' like Mass Effect / bioware RPGs

Very disappointing to see all these posters being negative. They always QQ about getting something new and fresh. And here we have an Indie that's trying to deliver this and they turn up their noses. Guess they cant see past World of Warcraft / LOTRO

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Originally posted by ProperLogic
    Originally posted by Copeland LOL how do you get past the character creation screen. There's no buttons on it? Just character, attributes and name.. no ok or done or play button.
    Haha! Did you figure it out?
    Cmon, guys feedback!

At the bottom of the screen to the right there is a "create" button. If you do not see that then chances are something is not right. Make sure you correct your screen size or at the log in screen, correct the in game screen resolution using the graphics option. You should be able to see it just fine.

ok i was able to get my guy created. I had to go full screen though. In windowed mode no matter the resolution those buttons were off the bottom of the screen. You might want to look into that.

Also the graphics setting window is a little confusing. At first i thought the game was bugged because it looked like Full Screen mode was selected. The box had an X in it. I didn't know that clicking it actually highlighted it and turned that mode on. I thought the X meant it was set. Anyway.. i'm in now :P Well worth $9.99 and no monthly fee imho.

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by Fahootmogads

Originally posted by Quizzical

You make it sound as though there is nothing to do in the game apart from grinding to level up various things.  Splitting things into into a main character level, various profession levels, and a bunch of separate levels for different skills doesn't make it any less grindy.  If anything, that makes it worse.
    If you're relying on getting a sense of accomplishment from leveling up by grinding as the reason to play the game, your game has some severe and probably unfixable problems.

Um, please do not troll this topic as I do believe it is against these forum rules. Also it isn't good taste to make players who purchased this game from reading this thread alone feel stupid for liking something you haven't even played. If we did something wrong, they wouldn't be going out of their way to let people know about it. I didn't start this topic, a player who liked this game did. If this game does not interest you, please I beg, ignore it.

Not cool to accuse people of trolling just because they don't have a 100% positive opinion about the game. This site is for players to discuss games. Quizzical made vaild points.

No he did not make a point, grind has and always will be associated with trolling. You ever heard the saying, one mans junk is anothers man treasure? well whats grinding to him is not grinding to everyone. Some people may call it a grind others call it having fun.

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614

Regarding platinum medals, there are multiple ways to get them in game so it's not an issue.  Definitely don't need to buy them.  

• toddzetoddze Member UncommonPosts: 2,150
    Originally posted by PatchDay  

Very disappointing to see all these posters being negative. They always QQ about getting something new and fresh. And here we have an Indie that's trying to deliver this and they turn up their noses. Guess they cant see past World of Warcraft / LOTRO

Sorry for double post but this quote deserves more attention.

EXACTLY everyone wants something new and fresh yet when something even remotly different comes out it gets hammered. These kids have no idea what they want. 

Waiting for:EQ-Next, ArcheAge (not so much anymore)
    Now Playing: N/A
    Worst MMO: FFXIV
    Favorite MMO: FFXI

• ProperLogicProperLogic Member Posts: 31
    Originally posted by Copeland

Originally posted by Copeland

LOL how do you get past the character creation screen. There's no buttons on it? Just character, attributes and name.. no ok or done or play button.

Haha! Did you figure it out?

Cmon, guys feedback!

At the bottom of the screen to the right there is a "create" button. If you do not see that then chances are something is not right. Make sure you correct your screen size or at the log in screen, correct the in game screen resolution using the graphics option. You should be able to see it just fine.

ok i was able to get my guy created. I had to go full screen though. In windowed mode no matter the resolution those buttons were off the bottom of the screen. You might want to look into that.

Also the graphics setting window is a little confusing. At first i thought the game was bugged because it looked like Full Screen mode was selected. The box had an X in it. I didn't know that clicking it actually highlighted it and turned that mode on. I thought the X meant it was set. Anyway.. i'm in now :P Well worth $9.99 and no monthly fee imho.

That's good you got the game to work.  Seems to me that most people that have gotten the game so far are all pleased, and that's a really good sign.

Can you tell us why you think it's worth $9.99?

&

Is it worth $40.00 to you?

• drasilgamedrasilgame Member Posts: 58

So, we can't live as just a tradesman if we wanted to? Have to fight stuff?

• MargulisMargulis Member CommonPosts: 1,614
    Originally posted by drasilgame

So, we can't live as just a tradesman if we wanted to? Have to fight stuff?

yeah, ultimately you would have to fight stuff.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

Graphics look like eq...could of atleast used a better graphics engine, i know graphics are not everything but i find it hard to accept a new game comming out with 8 year old looking game.

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230
    Originally posted by LynxJSA

Originally posted by Mazrak

So Guys who bought the game... Feedback, please...

Yes I'm interested in the feedback as well.

Same here. This is the first commercial MMO built with RealmCrafter and I am anxious to see how it does.

RealmCrafter!.. that explains alot, I'm writing my first impressions account as I try and play the game, so far I haven't come across anything major, a few minor things that could be fixed as the game goes the course of it's life and a few things in my opion should be changed, but I will post it latter, but for now I'm happy with my $10 worth.

• IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248

yodablaze - I purchased the game last night thru PayPal and created my account like you said to do.  As of the time of this post, I haven't received my email telling me how to complete the creating of my account.  The email address that i use for PayPal is the same one that I used to create my account.

Because each account has to be set up manually, how does this work when someone buys the game late at night, or on the weekend, or on a holiday?  I know you and your staff can't work 24/7, so what is the game plan for purchases during nonbusiness hours?

Fortunately, I'm not one of the Impatient Irvins that populate MMORPG.com, and it doesn't bother me to wait until I get the email.  I like supporting the underdogs and Indies, and I don't hold them to the same standard as the AAA companies.

Ion

• yodablazeyodablaze Member Posts: 234

I'm glad that players enjoy the game thus far. For a small team, the response so far is very good, especially understanding the fact that most of our exposure at this point is by word of mouth. This is a tough crowd to please so it's a great honor in many ways for our game to be appreciated on this level by this community.

I hope that players continue to take advantage of the $9.95 dollar special one time fee as it's a great deal. Even if you are just a casual player, $9.95 is a great deal for anyone. Fasaria World has a lot to offer and it doesn't require you to dedicate all of your time to just our game, it's a great experience to always come back to as it's just simply fun.

In the long run I want players to understand our vision for our community. All of our players who purchased the game for $39.95 are very pleased with the game and feel it's very much worth it. We will be building our community brick by brick with dedicated members who value our vision and the growth of our community.

We will be giving a free 1 year membership to all paid members to enjoy all the community features on our community site very soon. What this would include is private messaging, chat room, ability to make guilds and join guilds on the site, invite members as buddies, make blogs and invite buddies to view your blog, upload in game videos and more. We want to build a happy community and encourage players to make friends and keep in touch. We will add this offer soon so stay tuned.

Originally posted by Ionselon

yodablaze - I purchased the game last night thru PayPal and created my account like you said to do.  As of the time of this post, I haven't received my email telling me how to complete the creating of my account.  The email address that i use for PayPal is the same one that I used to create my account.
    Because each account has to be set up manually, how does this work when someone buys the game late at night, or on the weekend, or on a holiday?  I know you and your staff can't work 24/7, so what is the game plan for purchases during nonbusiness hours?
    Fortunately, I'm not one of the Impatient Irvins that populate MMORPG.com, and it doesn't bother me to wait until I get the email.  I like supporting the underdogs and Indies, and I don't hold them to the same standard as the AAA companies.

Ion

No problem at all. Please always contact us by email as you will always get a faster response that way. Simply send us the email you used to make your account and we will update you asap.

EDIT: To answer your question, I take my work home with me after office hours and do the best to get all orders and questions answered that might have been missed for that day. It's the very least I can do.

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092
    Originally posted by redcap036

Same here. This is the first commercial MMO built with RealmCrafter and I am anxious to see how it does.

That is a surprise. I've been convinced for years that RC was a huge scam.

I wonder if they had to use other resources besides RC to get it going.

• CopelandCopeland Member Posts: 1,955

Well i just got done playing for a couple hours. I went through the training zone and i'm still in the next starter area. It's a charming game. Don't expect great graphics or animations. It's very 90's graphic style. It seems quite stable. It's easy to understand and it's not difficult by any means.

I think for $40 people will be expecting nothing less than what Guild Wars offered at that price point. This game definitely doesn't offer that so i can't see anyone wanting it at their initial price. However, for $9.99 and no monthly fee the game definitely makes up with charm what its missing in bells and whistles. If you're a graphics whore this game is definately not for you. If you modern animations, skill trees with 100 branches or hardcore raiding.. yeah probably not for you. If you want a game where you can chill out for a bit, kill some trolls, pick some berries, mine some rocks and relax... it's a good game for that :P

Guild Wars has a level cap of 20, Fasaria World has a level cap of 200. After level 20, most players pretty much stop playing or if they are motivated enough start a new character in Guild Wars. I believe the level cap was set so low to encourage players to move along to other games to prevent server over load since they aren't paying a monthly fee to maintain server usage. Guild Wars has little crafting and they do not have farming and mining, Fasaria World has a detailed farming and mining system. Guild Wars has a great PVP system and guild hall for guilds to meet and challenge other guilds, Fasaria World, you can earn your own property with many tasks and activities to complete. Both of them you can hire a mercenary to aid you in battle. Based upon some player feedback, they prefered the style of game over many subscription based mmos. It's all about your taste and what you are looking for in your online experience. Below is a list of features.

Here are some of the features you will find in Fasaria World.

•One time payment. NO MONTHLY FEES.

•Challenging level cap of 200 to keep you fully engaged.

•RPG game elements and story makes the game immersive, progressive and full of direction. You always have a sense of achievement and purpose.

•A unique Combat, Karma and Labor system you can level up through various tasks. This adds a lot of variety to the overall experience and also provides Medals that leads to great rewards.

•Earn your own property where you can build your kingdom, collect taxes, farm your land, mine, pan for nuggets, complete Fairy Missions and more.

•Edit and update your own custom shop and sell items to players online.

•Amazing farming and mining system that fully ties into your game experience. Various crafting options, attributes and skills that level up with character progression.

•Upgrade your Weapons and Armor with Crystonian Shards.

•A unique party system based upon your "faction party" allows players to earn more experience and rewards in larger groups.

•Hire one of 3 mercenary classes to aid you in battle.

•Lots of quests with great rewards and updated content.

•An engaging real time battle system with attributes to level up for improved skills and combat performance.

•Join a guild or form your own.

•Earn your wings, a fairy, a mount or other rare items.

•Trade Market allows you to sell or buy stock items based upon the current market value.

• Kain_DaleKain_Dale Member UncommonPosts: 378

Looks cool, but not for me.

Kain_Dale

• IonselonIonselon Member Posts: 248

Originally posted by Ionselon

Ion

No problem at all. Please always contact us by email as you will always get a faster response that way. Simply send us the email you used to make your account and we will update you asap.

EDIT: To answer your question, I take my work home with me after office hours and do the best to get all orders and questions answered that might have been missed for that day. It's the very least I can do.

yb - I couldn't find an email address on your website so I sent one to the address listed in your MMORPG profile.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

I have sent in a notice to MMORPG to include this game in the game list.  Hopefully in the next week or so the game will have it's own space with a forum.

• yavozerbyavozerb Member Posts: 34

ok they got me, i spent 40 bucks so i feel i am entitled to give some info. avoid this game, it was a nightmare for me. Graphics nothing to brag about, 1280x960 is highest setting..those screenshots in this tread looked better than game to me. it was very clunking, had some window open twice and after i couldn't move and hit every key trying to close it to no avail, and god forbid if i hit ,esc. it would start a logout that i couldn't stop, hit every key ,esc. again would reset timer but not stop. i'm not a pvp'r at heart, would rather pve and craft epic things like back in early swg, but couldn't even make it to crafting in this nightmare, oh and help is useless also. so was trying to decide what is worse, this game or a stick in the eye, and all i can come up with is i'll take a stick in the eye if i can get my 40 bucks back.....best to save your money for some of the better games comin out soon, go play a free game...i think your be more happy in the end.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

Go adversite some where els! 

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

Originally posted by yavozerb

ok they got me, i spent 40 bucks so i feel i am entitled to give some info. avoid this game, it was a nightmare for me. Graphics nothing to brag about, 1280x960 is highest setting..those screenshots in this tread looked better than game to me. it was very clunking, had some window open twice and after i couldn't move and hit every key trying to close it to no avail, and god forbid if i hit ,esc. it would start a logout that i couldn't stop, hit every key ,esc. again would reset timer but not stop. i'm not a pvp'r at heart, would rather pve and craft epic things like back in early swg, but couldn't even make it to crafting in this nightmare, oh and help is useless also. so was trying to decide what is worse, this game or a stick in the eye, and all i can come up with is i'll take a stick in the eye if i can get my 40 bucks back.....best to save your money for some of the better games comin out soon, go play a free game...i think your be more happy in the end.

1. Who are you number 4 post man? I don't know you.

2. If you did purchase the game it seems as if you couldn't even get to crafting, you obviously didn't play long, if you even purchased the game. Don't know if you even know how to play but half of what you typed made hardly any sense. None of the players that spent the full amount had an issue. I don't even know who you are as everyone who purchased of late used the $9.95 special coupon. Since you are so new to this community (4 posts) I question who you are and I question your motives.

3. Cool, but for the most part I've only received positive feedback. You are entitled to your own opinions as our game won't be for everyone but um you seemed in an ironic rush to post a bad review where you didn't even get far in the game. Rarely have I seen that even with games people didn't like.

Originally posted by avalon1000

I have sent in a notice to MMORPG to include this game in the game list.  Hopefully in the next week or so the game will have it's own space with a forum.

This is a very kind gesture and thank you for the effort.

It seems very odd on one hand a random player trying to get us on mmorpg list and on the other a random 4 post member trying to discredit the game. It's been a very interesting time on these boards.

I remember how this topic started and I'll repeat, a random player of ours got excited and started posting reviews and recommendations in various sites including on this forum. I had no idea this was being done until I saw the link he posted on the forum. Someone was excited about the game and wanted more people to join. I would have loved to compensate such generosity if we were in a perfect world, but in today’s world you can not. Since then we have received an overflow of supportive members and many nice people on this site who for no reason I can think of showed a great amount of encouragement and support in spite of random negative attacks.

Right now as the lead developer for Fasaria World, I'm simply trying to keep up with this topic and its responses. I would prefer a positive community of members who enjoy the game and each other's company so if you are a rare case that do not like the game, just ignore this topic, ignore our website and never look upon us again.

• MazrakMazrak Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by avalon1000

This is a very kind gesture and thank you for the effort.

It seems very odd on one hand a random player trying to get us on mmorpg list and on the other a random 4 post member trying to discredit the game. It's been a very interesting time on these boards.

I remember how this topic started and I'll repeat, a random player of ours got excited and started posting reviews and recommendations in various sites including on this forum. I had no idea this was being done until I saw the link he posted on the forum. Someone was excited about the game and wanted more people to join. I would have loved to compensate such generosity if we were in a perfect world, but in today’s world you can not. Since then we have received an overflow of supportive members and many nice people on this site who for no reason I can think of showed a great amount of encouragement and support in spite of random negative attacks.

Right now as the lead developer for Fasaria World, I'm simply trying to keep up with this topic and its responses. I would prefer a positive community of members who enjoy the game and each other's company so if you are a rare case that do not like the game, just ignore this topic, ignore our website and never look upon us again.

Not to defend the guy with four posts or anything but this is a public forum and people are free to express thier opinions here.If you would like to moderate forums I suggest doing so on your own forums.

I have a right as much as you claim you do to be on this topic and to answer questions, keep things on topic and things positive as well.

These are the forum rules below. I suggest it is also read and folowed:

Topic Hijacking

Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited at MMORPG.com. Example: Asking whether a game has PvP in a thread about crafting materials found in a new expansion is Topic Hijacking.

Flaming and Personal Attacks

MMORPG.com does not tolerate personal attacks on other posters. Please keep your arguments and posts on topic, and argue the ideas and topics of the thread instead of insulting other users. Example: Telling someone that you disagree with their argument is tolerated, while calling someone inappropriate names is not.

Game Attacks

Unsubstantiated comments about specific or general games will be penalized in nearly the same way attacks against people will. The exception is that you can say mean things about games provided you back it up with reasons. Example: "Game X sucks." is not a legitimate comment. "Game X sucks, because..." is acceptable.