Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help Needed - Desperate! roflmao

dinanm3atldinanm3atl Member Posts: 215

I am not desperate just yet but let getting there. I have been reduced to pulling out old games. I just beat Lords of the Realm 2. I reinstalled Sea Dogs, I got The Witcher... I need something! Here are my playing experiences and you tell me what I might want to try. Open to anything...

Ultima Online - My first and favorite MMORPG. I played it for years and started in 1997. I played up until 2002ish when the ruined it.

EQ - I played for about 1 year. It was a good game.

WoW - Very good game. Too linear and got bored. Played about 1 year.

Pirates of the Burning Sea - BIG Hype and pirates are my favorite. BIG let down. Played 2 months. Why did they let this become a turd...

WAR - Another big hype... played 3 months. WAY too linear.

I am not opposed to a linear game if it is fun(like WoW). I like a decently polished game and prefer a medieval/fantasy game. I don't really want space. Would go for Roman or Pirates as well. Looting is fine. Good PvE is required but a PvP bias is fine as long as you can actual level and progress and not be forced into PvP. I like games with a decent crafting/economy... like UO!!!

So what is out there? What should I look at?

Old Skool Ultima Online Junky
Bring back the OLD UO so I can play again

Comments

• aleosaleos Member UncommonPosts: 1,942

Fallout series.

• dinanm3atldinanm3atl Member Posts: 215

Prefer an MMORPG. Isn't that just an Action RPG?

• FibsdkFibsdk Member Posts: 1,112

There is no mmorpg out there right now worth looking at. The ones worthy are still in the works. I personally have gone back to Diablo 2 until the next good mmorpg will be released. Jumpgate Evolution, SW:TOR, ST Online and The Agency. I hope one of these will blow me away.

• Spadez88Spadez88 Member Posts: 88

Iam feeling ya Dinanm.  Iam a huge MMO fan my self and it seems like theres not really any good ones out there yet. iam waiting for the ps3 ones like agencey and EQ for ps3. Release dates on these is sooooo debated that i am just waiting for the offical website to tell me when. Iam sure some would debate that but what some one else likes dos not mean that the game they love is my cup of tea. soo i would guess just wait till mid to late this year and cross your fingers for something good. But hell if any one can find any threads on some good PS3 MMO's comein out drop me a letter.

Anyone?

• KainisKainis Member Posts: 436

If you want a ground game, probably not much for your tastes available at the moment. However, quite a few coming out soon. In the meantime, if you don't mind a little space action, EvE sounds like your type. It's kind of like PotBS, but done right- and in space!

-----------------------
    Tried- L2, Ryzom, WAR, DDO, PWI, Tab Rasa, Requiem, Champs, AA, JD, PWI, SUN, Dawntide

Played- SWG (pre-cu), AoC, VG, WoW, LoTRO,CoX, EQ2, DAOC, GW, PotBS, Aion, MO,APB, NASA, Fallen Earth, DCUO, Rift

Playing- EVE, Black Prophecy, TOR

Waiting for- Tera, Jumpgate Evo, WH40K, WWE, WOD, TSW
    --
    --
    "Hey, if Activision liked it, then they should have put a ring on it," Double Fine President Tim Schafer said. "Oh great, now Beyonce is going to sue me too."

Doesn't have to be ground level. I'll jump into an old game.

I don't care :)

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Nothing special to choose from right now. Everything is a wait and see. In the emantim eit is back to diablo 2 and some fallout 3.