Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Early Impressions of 1.2

2»

Comments

• JenneroflokJenneroflok Member Posts: 126

I want to add the mass mail that was added in this patch is really helpful for us crafters and gatherers. I was able to drop one of my mods

• SpyridonZSpyridonZ Member Posts: 289

I no longer play either, but I am glad to hear the changes.

Unlike most, I will gladly admit that once they improve things a bit, I would not mind going back. I'm just giving it some time.

New games dont hit their prime for usually 6 months - 1 year. It's sad so many people expect a launch game to be amazing or to compete with the current top MMO games. They go in with unreal expectations, and then hold a "grudge" against the game and decide to never give it another try. It's a shame because they will be missing out on the "real" game.

All of the best MMO's had to go thru a transition from the skeleton they were originally implemented as, to the fully fleshed out game they turned in to. Seems with these changes WAR is following along nicely and bringing it in to its own.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Now add in some more Pve stuff and the missing cities and Ill resub for a couple months to try the game out again.

WAR always had potential looks like the Devs are doing good.

Just hope other people take notice the game is kinda low pop right now.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• todeswulftodeswulf Member Posts: 715
    Originally posted by Z3R01

Now add in some more Pve stuff and the missing cities and Ill resub for a couple months to try the game out again.
    WAR always had potential looks like the Devs are doing good.
    Just hope other people take notice the game is kinda low pop right now.

Sadly the PVP tards scream and howl every time PVE is mentioned.......I don't see any PVE love coming any tine soon.

• QuethelQuethel Member Posts: 19

The timers aren't there to show you when it's cappable. They are countdowns to domination points. It actually starts counting down the second the BO flips, so it's 3 minutes off the countdown before it unlocks to be retaken.

• A1learjetA1learjet Member UncommonPosts: 258

In all my feel for patch was that it  1) made it easier for newerplayers to become involved in rvr  2) Took DaoC route in over nerfing and gutting playable classes 3) boosted classes that had patch 1.1  boosts.

In 6 months to 1 year there will only be  5  or  6 playable classes per side so much for variance as the others are just nerfed to extinction.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

$"#!$#" ....  I can not stress enough how i ***HATE*** when THEY limit to SUBSCRIBERS possibility to play slayer if not partecipating to Bitter Rivals or anything alike! Others must wait one week!? WTF??? I could partecipate, but I will not! Want to play character that is missing since start! And have resubscribed only because wanted to try slayer as i have time this weekend.  And they did the same thing with Knight. They could limit at all possibility to play if certain condition is not met. Maybe Im exagerating ... but I'm nearly sure im done with War, at least for long long time. At least because  I have alternatives. Wow is stil my first choice, AoC has improved a lot, bugs mainly gone. Maybe Lotro. And no, this has nothing to do with Death Knight requiring lv. 55 alt in WOTLK. Situation is completely different. Bad decision from someone. Not first, not last.

• WickershamWickersham Member UncommonPosts: 2,379
    Originally posted by SpyridonZ

Unlike most, I will gladly admit that once they improve things a bit, I would not mind going back. I'm just giving it some time.
    New games dont hit their prime for usually 6 months - 1 year. It's sad so many people expect a launch game to be amazing or to compete with the current top MMO games. They go in with unreal expectations, and then hold a "grudge" against the game and decide to never give it another try. It's a shame because they will be missing out on the "real" game.
    All of the best MMO's had to go thru a transition from the skeleton they were originally implemented as, to the fully fleshed out game they turned in to. Seems with these changes WAR is following along nicely and bringing it in to its own.

On the one hand you think "It's sad so many people expect a launch game to be amazing or to compete with the current top MMO games" but on the other hand "I will gladly admit that once they improve things a bit, I would not mind going back."

Aren't you one of those people that expect a launch game to be amazing or shouldn't you be currently supporting this game with your money?

"The liberties and resulting economic prosperity that YOU take for granted were granted by those "dead guys"

• madiusmaxmadiusmax Member Posts: 18

I think the best way to describe everything is that the game has improved, still lots of room to improve more, but the Devs are listening and working.  Come this summer with patches 1.3 and on, there will be lots more to look forward to, with keep/fort design revisions, the new free Land of the Dead expansion, and much more fixes, etc.  For those waiting to "give it more time" you won't be disappointed in the coming couple of months.

Its hard to say the game doesn't have problems, but the continuous work being done on reflects that this game hasn't been given up on by the devs and from the looks, will only get better.

Ultimately, to each his own.

• woody74woody74 Member Posts: 10

I have mixed feelings about 1.2. These are soley my opinions and it doesn't mean im right or wrong.

The map changes was a very nice added touch. Adding a new scenario was a great ideal, but for some reason it reminds me of a refurbished Khaines Embrace. I was ok with the whole new change to the locking of zones when I read it in the patch notes. I now think it is a horrible concept because the servers are very unbalanced with Order or Destruction outnumbering the otherside 3 -1 depending on the server and now you don't have to break a sweat to lock zones and lock people out of IC or Altdorph.

Not much you can do to defend or attack when your on the side with the least players. I understand this player unbalance occured when they opened up the server transfers, but it seemed like it was one sided depending on the sever. On the server I play on in 1 day 7 guilds ( around 300 ) new players from the order side transfered onto the server and none for the destruction side. I found that to be strange.

I do not like nerfing of the classes that took place in 1.2. I think most of the classes were solid in their previous stages. Everytime dev's start nerfing classes it doesn't stop their and before you know it the whole game eventually goes downhill.

1.2 isn't 100% crap. There were some nice added changes to the maps, to the UI, and few other forgotten things.

I don't understand why there can't be a 2 week transfer service for all the servers with no level restriction. Im stuck on a server that I hate. Can I go to another and start all over again? sure I can, but it is tough to do when you have invested so much time on a character.

Keep in mind that this is just my opinion!!!!

• SpyridonZSpyridonZ Member Posts: 289
    Originally posted by Wickersham

Originally posted by SpyridonZ

On the one hand you think "It's sad so many people expect a launch game to be amazing or to compete with the current top MMO games" but on the other hand "I will gladly admit that once they improve things a bit, I would not mind going back."

Aren't you one of those people that expect a launch game to be amazing or shouldn't you be currently supporting this game with your money?

No. I went in to WAR to see how the game was at launch, and to give it a go for a few months. I had no plans of playing it long-term. I go in to all new MMO's with that kind of mindset. I expected it to be fun, but have its fair share of problems as all games do. It would be silly to go in to a newly launched game and think that it would have enough content to keep you playing for a year.

I'll gladly note that the game has problems in the first few months as well, the difference is I expect them and dont hate the game for it. It's understandable that not all the issues will be as noticeable until a couple months in to retail, and that they will just need time to fix it up.

• GirithGirith Member Posts: 40

I was pleased logging in last night to find that the battlefield objectives on your map now come equipped with timers that let you know how long it will be before a given objective becomes attackable.

this is wrong

the timer doesn't let you know how long it needs until it's capurable, it says how long it has to be captured by a realm to give a domination point

• maninacanmaninacan Member Posts: 21

Skullbert talks a bit about the zone domination changes they made here.  To me, it seems Mythic has done one thing very well with this patch...get people into ORvR more easily and often.  Like some said above, there are a lot of plans based on community feedback in the works, I think the game is in good shape.  It won't be perfect but it has a lot to offer still.

• Howler54Howler54 Member UncommonPosts: 133

I really like the new group function, great add. Hope mythic keeps up the good work .

• harvbharvb Member Posts: 3

Good little article that, very handy, especially since, as you point out, Mythic haven't done a fantastic job of detailing the changes themselves.

1.2 represents a high and a low for me, the high being some much needed changes, the low being the coincidental merging of our server with another and now T4 being largely unplayable. It's unfortunate that it happened the same time as 1.2 because the two have become largely unseperable in most people's eyes.

Great article though, it was needed I think.

La Placa Rifa

Originally posted by A1learjet

In all my feel for patch was that it  1) made it easier for newerplayers to become involved in rvr  2) Took DaoC route in over nerfing and gutting playable classes 3) boosted classes that had patch 1.1  boosts.

In 6 months to 1 year there will only be  5  or  6 playable classes per side so much for variance as the others are just nerfed to extinction.

Intresting how my above quote  came  thru to be so true  of Warhammer.