Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My rating on PW!

Here is just a few ratings.

In my opinion, it is a worthy game of downloading.

My ratings.

Video/Graphics: 8/10

Audio/Sound Effects: 7/10

Storyline/Campaign: 7/10

Character Customization: 9/10

Gameplay: 8/10

Helpful GM's: 8/10

Community & Players: 7/10

End Gaming: 10/10 (Territorial Wars, and Awesome PvP)

Character Unique-ness (Classes, Races, etc.): 9/10

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

That's my rating on the game, but there is one flaw I found.

When I was playing during Beta, It seemed as if everyone had the same armor at End Game, so it was hard to be unique to the crowd.

But I'm not sure if it's changed, let me know. Thanks.Hope you agreed with my ratings.

Comments

• angus858angus858 Member UncommonPosts: 381

I've only played one toon up to level 13 so I'm not an expert but I'll comment on your review and post my own in the same format.

Video/Graphics:  Yes, 8/10 seems fair.  The character and NPC models are fantastic and the sight distance is quite far.  But mobs and terrain lack detail. 

Audio/Sound Effects: Yes, 7/10 sounds about right.  The music is soothing and appropriate to a fantasy of ancient China.  But it gets repetitive as happens for me in most games.

Storyline/Campaign:  At level 13 the only storyline is that there is some enemy, somewhere, causing problems and the 3 player races are uniting to fight against the enemy.  Maybe it gets better later.  It's not a big deal to me.  I'd rather make my own story anyway.

Character Customization:  It's far better than any other Asian ftp game.  That being said I can't give more than a 7/10 to a game that restricts certain races and classes to a single gender.  Clothing sets also seem quite limited at low level so I see many players who look the same as me in every way except the face.  Facial customization is easily as good as any other mmorpg.

Gameplay:  It's too early for me to be sure but it seems pretty good for a grinder.  There are plenty of quests but most are just kill tasks.  Exploration is enjoyable which is something many recent games have lacked.  I'm having a lot of fun but I'm still in the honeymoon phase perhaps.

Helpful GM's:  I can't give a rating because I haven't needed any help.  No bugs or glitches at all so far.

Community:  Well, it is ftp so there are many immature kids who can ruin your sense of immersion.  But you have a toggle to turn-off other player names and you can fully configure chat windows.  Join a guild you like and it should be fine.  There are several nice fan sites in addition to official forums.  7/10 seems fair.

End Game:  I'm not even close to that yet so I can't comment.

Character Uniqueness:  There are 6 classes and I see nothing particularly unique about them.  The venomancer is perhaps the most interesting to me, combining DOT spells, combat pets, and shape shifting.  But in any other game you'd just call it a druid.  I like there classes, I just don't think they are unique.  As for races you get humans, elves with wings called ... wait for it ... Winged Elves, and "Untamed".  This last set it the most interesting as you can be a male lion, male tiger, male wolf, or male panda bear, all of which can shapeshift into a white tiger.  Or you can be a female venomancer.  This last one looks like a girl in halloween costume of a fox, cat, bat ,or bunny but they all morph into a fox when they shapeshift.  Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

I'm still enjoying PW very much.  There is a lot to figure out with crafting and pets and I enjoy the depth.  There are no barriers to exploration and it has that wide-open feel I haven't experienced since the original SWG. If you are used to western games you might find this setting refreshing.  It's free.  Give it a try.