Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cool abilities

DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372

There was a thread a while back asking about what skills and abilities you'd like to see, but I'd like to start a thread to discuss cool abilities you've seen elsewhere that you'd like to see in CoS.

Over the years there have been quite a few good MMOs with really cool abilities.  What are some that you've seen in past games that you would like to see in CoS?

How about an ability you've seen but would like to tweak just a bit to make even better?

I personally always loved the Feign Death abilities.  Quite fun and useful.  I also like the "shadow step" abilities that Vanguard had (teleport behind target).

Anyone else that would like to share?

Comments

• TdogSkalTdogSkal Member UncommonPosts: 1,244

Feign Death is always a fun spell.

I would love to see some kind of far seeing ability that allows you to see further then normal.  Like a scope on a hunting rifle.  So I can see what I have to face in that bandit camp before I get to close, or to scout out ambush locations.

Sooner or Later

• segynsegyn Member Posts: 234

I always thought everquest 2's racial vision was a pretty awesome idea thought it was not of any use. But i always thought that was a great idea and give you another reason for picking a certain race. 

And i have always been a fan of dot's don't know why but i like watching them dye a slow death I would love to have a warrior tank/melee class that applies dot's I think that would be fun. Being able to stand there and take the hits while the mobs' life drains slowly. Of course i would expect that to be a skill tree that you could go down. 

It would be an awsome combo in my eyes a plate wearing dotter. Drooools

• SandbaggerSandbagger Member Posts: 37

I'd like the ability to disguise myself as somebody else.  But... not just in looks, where NPCs think I'm one of them and don't attack me.  I could use this to sneak into places that you would otherwise have to fight your way inside.  With the kinds of Quests that Citadel of Sorcery is promising, it seems that this would be a very useful skill. 

I mean, if you were sent to assassinate some despot you could disguise yourself as one of his guards.  Or if you were sent to spy on Morphael's war plans, you could enter his lands disguised as one of his creatures.  This sounds like fun.  Now, I think there would have to be ways to see through this disguise, and I think you would have to be able to get better and better at it.  So if you had a low level version you might fool dumb people or monsters, but not smarter ones.  But as you improved the ability you would be harder to detect.

• BookkeeperBookkeeper Member Posts: 60
    Originally posted by Sandbagger

I'd like the ability to disguise myself as somebody else.  But... not just in looks, where NPCs think I'm one of them and don't attack me.  I could use this to sneak into places that you would otherwise have to fight your way inside.  With the kinds of Quests that Citadel of Sorcery is promising, it seems that this would be a very useful skill. 
    I mean, if you were sent to assassinate some despot you could disguise yourself as one of his guards.  Or if you were sent to spy on Morphael's war plans, you could enter his lands disguised as one of his creatures.  This sounds like fun.  Now, I think there would have to be ways to see through this disguise, and I think you would have to be able to get better and better at it.  So if you had a low level version you might fool dumb people or monsters, but not smarter ones.  But as you improved the ability you would be harder to detect.

I like that idea, but does this mean that Morphael's creatures could disguise themselves as human (or any player race)?   That could be embarrassing.  You have some guy taking you to the location of the treasure of Antioc and when you get in the cave he suddenly back stabs you and all his ambushing compatriots leap out.

• TanqueTanque Member UncommonPosts: 46

Hide in plain sight,interchangable "clone" ability ( make a clone of you that deals fire damage and you can change your location with the clones to confuse the enemy).

Also I would like some teamwork with abilities,imagine in FF terms 2 black mages cast fire at the same time and instead create fira.

Also spells that temporarely change the terrain around you are also nice.