Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worth the Resub?

Sirr0Sirr0 Member Posts: 55

Well I got a SOE card to play some EQ2 with a friend but he currently isnt going to play for a bit and I cant stand playing a game like that solo, so Id figure I would give PS a resub, now the question is, is it worth it? 

If I log on will I actually encounter large scale fights or is it mostly just small 20v20 kind of skirmishes at best? Whats the best server right now? I am on the east coast, whats the best times?

It sucks that the game has gotten to this point, when I started any time between 10am and 3am was always loaded,but last year during reserves I logged in a few times and saw pretty much no one.

Comments

• KelldoreKelldore Member Posts: 45

Meh..depends since the server merge in may its not been to bad i just resubbed last week and have been playing PS on and off since 2003.

For the most part it seems like cyssor and ceryshen get the most pew pew on a daily basis, but dont expect anything epic like it used to be a few years back with huge 3 way fights and actually coordinated infantry, air and MAX assaults. Sadly unless you run around in a good tight knit outfit this game gets boring fast if you try to go the solo route. My old outfit Prox-12 stopped playing it when i re-subbed so Im trying to find a good outfit to run with myself.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

I been playing the trial and Werner is dead all the time and Gemini is untill peak US time where there are some good sized battles going on. However the problem with the game is that there will only be one medium sized battle going on and then a smaller battle in a cavern or something. There arn't any HUGE battles like the old days and half the time Planetside is empty. If you plan to play the game during peak hours only, then it is worth it but just a shame the game doesn't have the giant battles of what it used to.

The graphics havn't aged well and the game hasn't really changed much apart from the stupid BFRs are still there and the game seems to be really unbalanced, more so that it used to be. There arn't many patches and I saw a gap from like August to december at one time between patches.......

I'm having abit of fun during peak times because of Nostalgia and the fact theres nothing else like Planetside. New people or people who arn't fond of the game just can't justify paying a monthly sub for a game that is dated and isn't that great because SOE have failed to make the fixed the game needs.

What Planetside really needs is to be made Free 2 Play and for SOE to put microtransactions in the game to support it like buying things to make your XP go up or buying BFR access without having to do the Cavern thing etc etc.

It's just a shame the game doesn't look like this anymore....

• KelldoreKelldore Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

I been playing the trial and Werner is dead all the time and Gemini is untill peak US time where there are some good sized battles going on. However the problem with the game is that there will only be one medium sized battle going on and then a smaller battle in a cavern or something. There arn't any HUGE battles like the old days and half the time Planetside is empty. If you plan to play the game during peak hours only, then it is worth it but just a shame the game doesn't have the giant battles of what it used to.
    The graphics havn't aged well and the game hasn't really changed much apart from the stupid BFRs are still there and the game seems to be really unbalanced, more so that it used to be. There arn't many patches and I saw a gap from like August to december at one time between patches.......
    I'm having abit of fun during peak times because of Nostalgia and the fact theres nothing else like Planetside. New people or people who arn't fond of the game just can't justify paying a monthly sub for a game that is dated and isn't that great because SOE have failed to make the fixed the game needs.
    What Planetside really needs is to be made Free 2 Play and for SOE to put microtransactions in the game to support it like buying things to make your XP go up or buying BFR access without having to do the Cavern thing etc etc.

It's just a shame the game doesn't look like this anymore....

LOL omg...amerish, i remember the NC zerg on that bad boy when i played as VS,  the non stop globals DEFEND THE HOMELAND! sigh....i miss those days and the icons on the map actually ment something like holy crap..its gonna rain or..crap its a sandstorm.