Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Megaten: Beginner's Guide and Shortcuts

StraddenStradden Managing EditorHalifax, NSPosts: 6,696Member

MMORPG.com's Megaten Correspondent P. Roberts writes this guide for players just starting out in the game.

Megaten Screenshots

Like plenty of other games, Megaten starts off with a tutorial area. Unlike plenty of other games, you will actually receive serious benefit by paying attention during it! Megaten is a more complex game than many others, but the tutorial prepares you admirably for basic operations. It's also very exciting -- what other game brings you in immediately on such a dire situation with no prior experience? Fortunately, any new player can get by just fine following the directions. Once the cinematics are finished after the first adventure, it's time to take Snakeman up on his offer of the Virtual Battle.

This will help you immensely. You can practice basic battle skills in the Virtual Battle area. Snakeman explains, in detail, with screenshots, how to perform the various actions he assigns. The most wonderful part is that you may repeat the Virtual Battle as many times as you like. I would recommend at least doing it twice. Plus, you still gain experience for Virtual Battle; you're getting experience, as well as valuable instruction!

Read Beginner's Guide and Shortcuts

Cheers,
Jon Wood
Managing Editor
MMORPG.com

Comments

• yllisyllis modesto, CAPosts: 72Member Uncommon

.... umm

Yeah.

So this game is pretty much never hyped as far as I can tell. It has scant information and 5 threads total on its cobweb laced forum.

The game list pretty much has zero information about this game.

I have to wonder why mmorpg is posting a out of the blue tutorial for a game it would seem they didnt even know exisisted.

I would rather have the staff at mmorpg post about things that impact our community.

• AstropuyoAstropuyo Stock, CAPosts: 1,797Member
    Originally posted by yllis

.... umm
    Yeah.
    So this game is pretty much never hyped as far as I can tell. It has scant information and 5 threads total on its cobweb laced forum.
    I have to wonder why mmorpg is posting a out of the blue tutorial for a game it would seem they didnt even know exisisted.
    I would rather have the staff at mmorpg post about things that impact our community.

I too wondered this, I being a rather avid player of the game have questioned why a "highly populated" mmo has obtained 0 spot light when games like ethersaga or whatever the hell they are calling it are getting promotional value, probably to do with advertising considering this site is just plastered with -b mmo title adverts as of these days

It's fairly good information however , just hope he isn't planning any advance tips wearing a jack frost hat :P.

• yllisyllis modesto, CAPosts: 72Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Astropuyo

.... umm
    Yeah.

I too wondered this, I being a rather avid player of the game have questioned why a "highly populated" mmo has obtained 0 spot light when games like ethersaga or whatever the hell they are calling it are getting promotional value, probably to do with advertising considering this site is just plastered with -b mmo title adverts as of these days

It's fairly good information however , just hope he isn't planning any advance tips wearing a jack frost hat :P.

Agreed, the article was fine. I am sure the 30+ people who play this game will be interested in the tutoral.

Im just a little shocked that THE managing editor of this site actually spent time writing this when there are so many excellent games and topics out there more the a dozen people would want to read.

It seems a little like someone writing up a very well done and helpfull article on his mothers home made orange juice.

• GameloadingGameloading NAPosts: 14,182Member

.... umm
    Yeah.

Agreed, the article was fine. I am sure the 30+ people who play this game will be interested in the tutoral.

Im just a little shocked that THE managing editor of this site actually spent time writing this when there are so many excellent games and topics out there more the a dozen people would want to read.

It seems a little like someone writing up a very well done and helpfull article on his mothers home made orange juice.

What part of "MMORPG.com's Megaten Correspondent P. Roberts writes this guide for players just starting out in the game." did you not understand?

A correspondent are regular players of the game who write articles for the mmorpg they happen to play. It's voluntary work.

• AbangyarudoAbangyarudo Prescott Valley, AZPosts: 156Member

.... umm
    Yeah.

I have to love the nonsenical arguements from people wanting to see more articles on games that already have enough coverage. I, for one was happy to see that megaten was finally offically on the game list. It has been in beta for awhile before and had been out way before this was on the game list; and if it was world of warcraft 2 I'm sure we'd have guides and tips from beta. Now thats all great  if you want more of the same but an article finally comes out for a game that is A) Facutally correct B) not for a game that has been covered several hundred times before and all they get is "well writing would be better suited to a game with more then 30+ people." If your not interested why not read World Of Warcraft Warlock Class guide version 67.2 .

Now I think what would be good to add is how to set expertise in the beginning instead of waiting for the tutorial to be over. Just incase those who are interested in the game don't know how you go into the PC>Expertise click the - next to the skill and it becomes an arrow pointing up. This will allow your expertises to gain exp and gain valuable new spells or just hit harder in the case of skills like Melee. I think a great next article would be the expertises for characters and demon fusion. I'm still not quite sure what some of the expertises do.

• weekndrockerweekndrocker Philadelphia, PAPosts: 1Member

I agree with the previous two comments.  Perhaps the fact that no tutorials/guides were available is the precise reason why this needed to be written.  The point of MMORPG.com, to the best of my knowledge, is to provide as much information and be as huge of a resource as it can for each game they 'support' by listing it in the game list.

The more information offered up for a title, especially one that isn't super hyped, makes this site a better resource.  It can be a far better resource and tool for garnering new players than even the game's official site.  I believe that the value of the site overall decreases if everyone caters only to 'big name' games.  Perhaps these games are possibly even better than some of the more well-known games but just didn't receive that hype or paid promotional efforts.  I would prefer to be able to see as much info about a game I wasn't aware of previously to help me decide whether or not I want to play.

With all of these having been said....I downloaded the game and will give it a shot. Can always delete it if it turns out that I do not enjoy it enough to play it.  And if I'm one of only 20 people on the planet playing it..then at least I don't have to worry about someone 50+ lvls above me constantly trying to entice me into PvP battles and constantly dying. 

• thecrapthecrap crapPosts: 433Member

I have played this game for well over 2 years I think since OBT all I can say is that its pure grind and the only way you wll get to learn how to play it is if your a veteran of the series or If your 10000% patient with a uber grind no solo game