Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOD World Of Darkness

The creators of Eve are making the White Wolf MMORPG this has much promise. Are any plans to list this game on the site?

I belive they will make great game, I hope as detailed as Eve.

What Clan do you want to play?

Comments

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680

any decent info about it yet?

• zenaphexzenaphex Member Posts: 73

I'll be anxious to see how this turns out. CCP has awards for design and I wonder how they will do. Much of the evilness in the WoD sounds interesting but I guess I won't know for sure until more details come out on how that intend to translate all this into a online world.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Darkness

• argos5argos5 Member UncommonPosts: 219

Umm... the White Wolf MMORPG does not even have an official announcement. All that is guaranteed so far is that White Wolf and CCP are having a joint-venture project. The World of Darkness MMO isn't official, nor is there screenshots or any other details.

You mentioned Clans? Which correlates to Vampire. Still no information.

Considering this, we may expect an announcement later this year. But since their joint-venture is fresh, we may not see news for a long while.

EDIT: Just because they remark that there will be a WoD MMO, isn't an official "announcement". Official announcement has more than just a phrase from a single person.

• LondonMagusLondonMagus Member Posts: 700
    Originally posted by argos5

Umm... the White Wolf MMORPG does not even have an official announcement. All that is guaranteed so far is that White Wolf and CCP are having a joint-venture project. The World of Darkness MMO isn't official, nor is there screenshots or any other details.
    You mentioned Clans? Which correlates to Vampire. Still no information.
    Considering this, we may expect an announcement later this year. But since their joint-venture is fresh, we may not see news for a long while.
    EDIT: Just because they remark that there will be a WoD MMO, isn't an official "announcement". Official announcement has more than just a phrase from a single person.

There have two 'Pen & Paper' versions of the 'World of Darkness', with 'White Wolf' having allowed the old to be literally role played into destruction five years ago with the 'Time of Judgment' saga. Both versions used the same system of there being a base game just using 'World of Darkness' sourceboook, as well as several other fully fledged RPGs that operate as detailed subsets within the same setting.

The current setting includes 'Vampire the Requiem', 'Mage the Awakening', 'Promethean the Created', Changeling the Lost' & 'Hunter the Vigil', where all of them are based on the idea of Clans, Factions etc.

The 'World of Darkness' is quite possibly the best RPG setting ever & I have followed it for over 10 years. I don't mind being patient because if CCP got this right I might well be hooked for life. On the other hand though, but if they got it horribly wrong I would never forgive them.

If you can't "Have your cake & eat it too", then how can "The proof of the pudding be in the eating"?

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Im excited as tits.

• DataDayDataDay Member UncommonPosts: 1,538

World of Darkness is official... but right now the company seems to be putting it on hold, redirecting resources into updating EVE. I love the World of Darkness franchise, and hope it gets done properly, or not made at all.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

World of Darkness is official... but right now the company seems to be putting it on hold, redirecting resources into updating EVE. I love the World of Darkness franchise, and hope it gets done properly, or not made at all.

This is something I agree with, CCP should refocus Development to Eve.

Eve has almost infinit possibilities, While I'm excited about WoD i don't want the WoD development to get in the way of Eve onlines progress.

Eve Online with Walk in stations, planetary flight and planetary exploration > WoD

WoD can wait.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515
    Originally posted by Rabenwolf

Last i heard the team developing WOD is completly seperate to the EvE team and its partly because of WOD that EvE is getting in station/ship Avatars.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

i honestly hope there are different teams assigned to wod and eve; HOWEVER, in a recent eve devblog, the way she talks about people/teams being pulled from other projects (paraphrased), makes me think that both games are pulling from the same personnel pool.

ug, if that's how it is.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• NoktarisNoktaris Member Posts: 270

I always thought Vampire would make a neat MMO...but I'm not sure how the game would really go over. I just don't see Vampires being a viable race since they sleep all day. I guess they could do something along the lines of you play a vampire at night and control a ghoul during the daytime.

• MaughannMaughann Member Posts: 139

Hmm...the only thing that would excite me more than a White Wolf MMO would be a Shadowrun one....

• NoktarisNoktaris Member Posts: 270

yeah I've been waiting for Shadowrun mmo forever...of course some junk mmo company will probably make it and ruin it. Like Turbine...I really don't care for their games. (Sorry to the people that do,I'm not picking a fight)    ;-)

• MaughannMaughann Member Posts: 139

It'd be awesome....Shadowrun was the only P&P game I played where people could make an adventure out of shopping.

Designer firearms with custom fittings.  Armour that not only worked but looked cool too....all that stuff.