Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'How WoW Changed My Life' - A story in Pictures...

Comments

• RayalistRayalist Member Posts: 211
    Originally posted by Ilvaldyr

Hmm. Blaming MMO's for making moronic lifestyle choices is just so passé.
    About time people started taking responsibility for their own choices and stopped trying to shift the blame for the consequences that arise from the bad ones; we're all supposed to be adults after all.
    Eat a balanced diet, exercise for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week and hey presto, you can still play MMO's and maintain a healthy body weight and fitness level. It ain't rocket science.

This. Thank you sir.

It's not WoW, some people are just worthless.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Originally posted by britzban
    His ear rings are proof that this is fake...look at the middel top pick..he has those rings that stretch his shit out hardcore. ...then look at the older pics and zoom in..his rings are smaller....once the skin is streteched with those, it won't go back without surgery...fake as fuck.

Actually you'd have to wear those type of earrings for years upon years before they would stay stretched. Also human skin can be very elastic especially that of young individuals.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Gameloading

I never understood how people can let their lives be ruined by something such as WoW. I seriously don't get it. Not that there is anything wrong with the game, but it takes a month, maybe two if you play casually, to reach the cap level. It takes some extra time to get your gear together. What has me puzzled is how these people manage to find things to do in that game when you put this much time into it.

Think of it this way:

These people will gat fat, unhealthy, never marry, and die early. WoW is actually contributing to Darwin's natural selection process.

See Mother Nature, you're not the only one who can do it. Take that! 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Anzie

is obviously fake you gotta be dumb to think this is true.
    and this hasn't happen to any of the people that I know in real life that have been playing wow since release they gotten strongeand bigger instead of pale, fat, smaller and horrible hair style like the picture shows.
    (not me i started late).

I have a friend who only leave his apartment to get food now, playing Wow the rest of the time... He had a job but just stopped showing up, rarely showers and never do anithing social off line so it do happen to some people. I also know a few people who got divorced or dumped because of Wow and EQ. A friend kicked out his girlfriend because she played Wow every spare moment she had. It happens.

I go out to the pub once a week and yet I am not an alcoholic, some people do get addictive to stuff while others don't that is just how humans work. Most things are bad if you spend all your time doing it.

Warning signs are when you cancel real social events to play instead, and when oly your gaming is fun and nothing else in your life.

99% of all players wont get addicted to MMOs but they are a lot more dangerous than other games because they never ends. But it is not really the games fault, most likely the people would find something else to get addicted to instead like TV, drugs, booze, joining a sect or something else.

• John.A.ZoidJohn.A.Zoid Member Posts: 1,531

I actually went through something similar but it happened in 2003 and started with Planetside and then I moved to SWG and then started playing EVE at the same time and then picked up EQ2 and WoW and was playing all these mmorpgs into 2005 when they were all ruined.

At the end of it I went from 10.5 stone to 17.2 stone.

Then thank god to all the mmorpgs being ruined I went outside again and lost all that weight and kept the muscle that came with it and now I look better than ever!

Me after 2 years of not leaving the house...

Me Since I stopped playing mmorpgs...

You say to yourself you have to be a dumb arse to let yourself go and get fat and look like a slob...... it just happens man. You get stuck in a depressive and obsessive rutt and it is hard to get out.

• KordeshKordesh Member Posts: 1,715

You got rid of the long hair and the piercing. I'd say you took a step back buddy. And is that a collared shirt? Shame on you. =p

Bans a perma, but so are sigs in necro posts.

EAT ME MMORPG.com!

• demalusdemalus Member Posts: 401

First of all, it's very shallow to look down upon people becoming stereotypical MMO-gamers, yet becoming a stereotypical "real" person is somehow better.

That picture is absolutely fake and meant to jab at people.  In fact, studies have shown that most WoW players wouldn't normally be considered geeky (or socially unacceptable).

And finally, games do not a person make, lest they have no other options.

Originally posted by Kordesh

You got rid of the long hair and the piercing. I'd say you took a step back buddy. And is that a collared shirt? Shame on you. =p

I'm just trying to show how I let myself go, didn't cut my hair and got really fat and you can see the fat in my face lol. Thats how these games can be because when you get really addicted to something it is hard to get out. I kept saying to myself I must go out butjust a few more mins... I really need to beat Avatar on SWG I'll do that and then go out lol. Then it was like You've been invited into EQ2 family and friends beta....... OMG the next few months I'm into that lol.

Then WoW got Battlegrounds which ruined the world PvP and I quit and EQ2 died and EVE went all gay with exodus or whatever it was called and Planetside got ruined with BFRs and we all know what happened with SWG. So I left my house and got laid and life changed for me lol.

• demalusdemalus Member Posts: 401
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

Originally posted by Kordesh

I'm just trying to show how I let myself go, didn't cut my hair and got really fat and you can see the fat in my face lol. Thats how these games can be because when you get really addicted to something it is hard to get out. I kept saying to myself I must go out butjust a few more mins... I really need to beat Avatar on SWG I'll do that and then go out lol. Then it was like You've been invited into EQ2 family and friends beta....... OMG the next few months I'm into that lol.

Then WoW got Battlegrounds which ruined the world PvP and I quit and EQ2 died and EVE went all gay with exodus or whatever it was called and Planetside got ruined with BFRs and we all know what happened with SWG. So I left my house and got laid and life changed for me lol.

Starsider?

Bria (beta sevrer) and Farstar when the EU servers went up.

Originally posted by Zorndorf

Originally posted by dave6660

WoW is already being blamed for the downfall of MMORPG's.  Now this thread adds to WoW's resume teenager obesity and broken relationships.
    What's next?  I know, let's blame WoW for the economic recession and for global warming.  Damn it Blizzard, you see what you did!

Didn't you know Wow was responsible for the burning of the Reichstag in the 30's in Germany ?

I bet their creators are Jewish.

The above shows exactly what kind of mentality reigns on ... mmorpg.com

Grtz.

You can't blame WoW or drugs or alcohol for the person you become because that was your choice. However you can't call them a dumb arse and insult them because it is really easy to go down that path as I found out in them years I got addicted because it just happens and time goes by so quickly all of a sudden.

• Mona_lisaMona_lisa Member Posts: 16

It's really sad, you should try to come back to your previous track

• StormXXXStormXXX Member Posts: 48

It is quite funny and at the same time sad how people always find something to blame their falls on.

Many of us fail to realise that the only person really responsible quite often is us and only us, and nothing, and or no one else. So before going with "how X changed my life". First think was it really X or was it you, because you are just that kind of person. *sigh*

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by John.A.Zoid

I actually went through something similar but it happened in 2003 and started with Planetside and then I moved to SWG and then started playing EVE at the same time and then picked up EQ2 and WoW and was playing all these mmorpgs into 2005 when they were all ruined.

At the end of it I went from 10.5 stone to 17.2 stone.
    Then thank god to all the mmorpgs being ruined I went outside again and lost all that weight and kept the muscle that came with it and now I look better than ever!
    Me after 2 years of not leaving the house...

Me Since I stopped playing mmorpgs...

You say to yourself you have to be a dumb arse to let yourself go and get fat and look like a slob...... it just happens man. You get stuck in a depressive and obsessive rutt and it is hard to get out.

Hmmm.....

you went from "stoner" to "Frodo Baggins".

I guess that's an improvement?

• RekindleRekindle Member UncommonPosts: 1,206

same thing happened to me when i got married.

• meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    Originally posted by Rekindle

same thing happened to me when i got married.

It can be reversed -- I did it -- it's called divorce.

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268
    Originally posted by hoopty

Cant blame wow for what you did that is correct.....

And the other 100,000 people claiming to have an addition to WoW can't blame WOW either.  Even though hundreds ot thousands of poeple don't claim to be addicted to other games.

And that fact that China see's MMO gaming as an addiction and even has addiction centers and laws about it, must just be a coincidence .

If must be the poeple and not the game.

What about the games in Japan that caused seizures, was the the people or the game? 

You can say it's the people and live in denial all you want but the fact if most of the people with WoW addiction problems, didn't have problems with any game before WoW.

And when the majority of people playing it think that 4 hours a day is casual, I think the game may be a part of the problem.

What do you think would happen if you have a character wipe across all servers? You think there may be a few suicides? I do. People would be damn upset and wold cry about all the work they have put into it, even though it's not a job.

• StormXXXStormXXX Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by GreenChaos

Originally posted by hoopty

Cant blame wow for what you did that is correct.....

And the other 100,000 people claiming to have an addition to WoW can't blame WOW either.  Even though hundreds ot thousands of poeple don't claim to be addicted to other games.

And that fact that China see's MMO gaming as an addiction and even has addiction centers and laws about it, must just be a coincidence .

If must be the poeple and not the game.

What about the games in Japan that caused seizures, was the the people or the game? 

You can say it's the people and live in denial all you want but the fact if most of the people with WoW addiction problems, didn't have problems with any game before WoW.

And when the majority of people playing it think that 4 hours a day is casual, I think the game may be a part of the problem.

What do you think would happen if you have a character wipe across all servers? You think there may be a few suicides? I do. People would be damn upset and wold cry about all the work they have put into it, even though it's not a job.

I'd have to disagree with you to certain extent.

The thing is...

I've been playing computer games for 20+ years.

And i've been playing WoW for 4 years. A year ago i got married and bought a house.

But i will never stop playing computer games. Ever. It is what i like most. It is my passion amongst other things.

Despite all these facts, i also have a tonn of responsibilities. Towards my wife, my parents, my soon to be born daughter, my co-workers. And a good understanding of things that exist besides my playing hours.

Sometimes i play 1-2 hours a day. Sometimes 20+ or even throw an allnighter.

Why all this tirade ?

Well, if WoW would be such a bad game, then surely i should have succumbed to its "evil" addictivness. Like so many.

I say that, what really is at fault  - is human weakness or the unwillingness to change anything and move. I have yet to see a game that has really ruined a persons life.

(Sadly can't say same about real drugs.)

And often you can't do anything about it. Time will come, when person will take the next step. That is all there is to it. But saying that some measly game really changed a persons life is, in my opinion, kinda exagerated. Although it plays a certain role too, it is always us that make the final decision. Or we don't.

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,346
    Originally posted by GreenChaos

If a person eats peanuts and has a life-threatening allergic reaction to them, is that the person or the food?

But that's a huge difference from addiction issues.  People generally don't voluntarily choose to have seizures or allergic reactions.  Complex actions such as playing a computer game are not involuntary reflex reactions.  They only happen because someone chooses to do so; the issue, rather, is that some people don't choose wisely.

• paulp146paulp146 Member UncommonPosts: 36

This is me since i started playing computer games

http://www.zapad.cz/fotos/zdravi/cholesterol/fat_man_large.jpg

Please don't laugh at me coz i get hurt by internet bullies.

• MadProgMadProg Member Posts: 11

damn man no offence but do you not have any brain power at all? i mean you let your self go from what looks like a nice normal looking guy to sum over weight man.

i couldent understand how anyone can let that happen i mean dident you see your self getin fatter and unhealther? dident you think wow shit iv put a stone on think ill go on a diet and give wow a rest for a bit?

• mmcguire2mmcguire2 Member Posts: 310

I’m sure WoW didn’t MAKE you keep your fat ass in the chair stuffing your pudgy face with crap. Right after college I got a desk job and ballooned to 250 lbs, I didn’t blame my job I stopped drinking the 3 cans of pop a day.

I play WoW a lot but I also work out for 2 hours a night twice a week and try to stay active around the house. I also have a family and I don’t play WoW until everyone is in bed. As a gamer I get pissed when people blame games for their own or their kids issues. People need to be responsible. If parents let video kids baby sit their kids of course they are going to become over weight. If someone makes the choice to play but ignors others and their own weight, QQ.

I understand that WoW and other games can feel over powering but you need to take responsibility. One of WoWs loading screens says “Too much of anything, even WoW isn’t healthy”

Oh, and I also think I saw this same picture on failblog.org. Heres a challenge, drop the lbs and post a update.

• WeaponXWeaponX Member Posts: 241
    Originally posted by demalus

First of all, it's very shallow to look down upon people becoming stereotypical MMO-gamers, yet becoming a stereotypical "real" person is somehow better.
    That picture is absolutely fake and meant to jab at people.  In fact, studies have shown that most WoW players wouldn't normally be considered geeky (or socially unacceptable).

And finally, games do not a person make, lest they have no other options.

LOL your so called studies come from a in game poll taken by blizzard for blizzard

don't beleave everything you read dude LOL

Assassin's like to do it in the dark and from behind.

• shad0w99shad0w99 Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by Zorvan
    Hmmm.....
    you went from "stoner" to "Frodo Baggins".
    I guess that's an improvement?image

Hahaha, brilliant :-P

MMOs played (In order of how much I've liked them): Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft, Vanguard, City of Villains / Heroes, Guild Wars, Warhammer Online, Age of Conan, Tabula Rasa, Anarchy Online, Ryzom, Final Fantasy XI, Matrix Online, RF Online, Rappelz, Hero Online, Roma Victor

• MadProgMadProg Member Posts: 11
    Originally posted by mmcguire2

I’m sure WoW didn’t MAKE you keep your fat ass in the chair stuffing your pudgy face with crap. Right after college I got a desk job and ballooned to 250 lbs, I didn’t blame my job I stopped drinking the 3 cans of pop a day.
    I play WoW a lot but I also work out for 2 hours a night twice a week and try to stay active around the house. I also have a family and I don’t play WoW until everyone is in bed. As a gamer I get pissed when people blame games for their own or their kids issues. People need to be responsible. If parents let video kids baby sit their kids of course they are going to become over weight. If someone makes the choice to play but ignors others and their own weight, QQ.
    I understand that WoW and other games can feel over powering but you need to take responsibility. One of WoWs loading screens says “Too much of anything, even WoW isn’t healthy”
    Oh, and I also think I saw this same picture on failblog.org. Heres a challenge, drop the lbs and post a update.

haha rofl hell yeah 100% agree with u there i hate these fat fucks and social rejects that keep blaming gamming for there problems its up to you to get off your ass and do somthing about it not the game