Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

wow at perfect world international

Why isnt this game getting any more hype etc? its prolly the best free 2 play i have ever played, the controls are very smooth, the graphics are fantastic for a free2play matter fact better than some P2Ps. Its quest driven and just feels great, theres PVP, territories etc.

I noticed more people are into runes of magic but i played it and it felt horrible the controls, the running etc

Comments

• bobfishbobfish Member UncommonPosts: 1,679

Because regardless of how much people bitch and moan about WoW, most of them still play it or want to play it. And RoM, looks and plays like WoW, but free.

I personally don't care for either, both suck.

• trieditalltrieditall Member UncommonPosts: 49

I hate being forced to use wasd controls.  There is no remapping of these controls. Sure you can click where you want to go but the camera view has to be moved manually by right clicking the mouse and dragging the screen, YUCK!

Oh, and the player shops are just plotted anywhere players want to put up a sign.  Reminds me of UO player owned vendors (except that you had to at least put it on a player owned house), clumsy and uninspired.  They should use an auction house period.

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586

Glad to hear a positive word about it.  I'm downloading part 4 now.  I think it looks good and refuse to complain about a game that's 100% free.  They put a lot of time into redesigning this and the server is being hosted at no charge.  Here's hoping it feeds the itch until Aion comes out.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821

It's a very good game... when you first start playing. The problem is it turns into the mother of all grindfests after level 34 or so. I played Lineage II past level 70 and thought it was a minor grind compared to PW. It's a very good game until the mid 30's or so and I enjoyed it very much. After that the quests run few and far between and you're forced to grind on the same mobs for days and sometimes weeks at a time to level. The game does make for a very nice short term MMO fix though.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754

I only made it to 20 before being bored....The quests are all the same....Kill10 of this mob...Kill 20 of that mob....Kill 10 of this mob....Kill 20 of that mob....Next area....Kill 10 of this mob....Kill 20 of that mob...Until you go insane.......It was funa for the first few levels but I dont see how anyone can go too far in this one.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by trieditall
    Oh, and the player shops are just plotted anywhere players want to put up a sign.  Reminds me of UO player owned vendors (except that you had to at least put it on a player owned house), clumsy and uninspired.  They should use an auction house period.

There is nothing wrong with player shops.

The idea of individually placed player shops puts the power of the economy in the hands of the sellers. Players need to find good deals and even make bargains with the sellers. There is a lot of "looking for..." and "Selling x for y" type of shouts in the city as well.

It makes the city seem a live. This is what is done in Lineage 2 and it really makes the economy a definite game mechanic.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    Originally posted by bobfish

Because regardless of how much people bitch and moan about WoW, most of them still play it or want to play it. And RoM, looks and plays like WoW, but free.
    I personally don't care for either, both suck.

He said Perfect World.

• BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by Sovrath

The idea of individually placed player shops puts the power of the economy in the hands of the sellers. Players need to find good deals and even make bargains with the sellers. There is a lot of "looking for..." and "Selling x for y" type of shouts in the city as well.

It makes the city seem a live. This is what is done in Lineage 2 and it really makes the economy a definite game mechanic.

Very true. This is one of the things that I really liked about PW. In a game with player shops instead of an auction house it makes the economy much more personal. Lineage II did this very well and it's no different in PW. You actually have to travel around and talk to people to get the best deals. AH's are one of many things that are killing the communities in modern MMOs as they take away yet another reason for players to interact.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• JMadisonIVJMadisonIV Member Posts: 282

the reason that it does not get any hype is because the MMORPG.com community overall despises games that have an Item Mall Business model.

being an actual good quality game does not matter if it does not have a Subscription Business Model.

to *this* forum community, having an Item Mall automatically turns your game into crap, regardless of whether the game itself is good or bad.

generally speaking, of course.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by Brenelael

Originally posted by Sovrath

Very true. This is one of the things that I really liked about PW. In a game with player shops instead of an auction house it makes the economy much more personal. Lineage II did this very well and it's no different in PW. You actually have to travel around and talk to people to get the best deals. AH's are one of many things that are killing the communities in modern MMOs as they take away yet another reason for players to interact.

Bren

Thank you!

As far as why perfect world doesnt' seem to be the cat's meow is probably because it doesn't seem like anything special. I'm not saying it isn't special but it doesn't "seem" like it.

First off the only marketing I've seen for it is on websites and it always just seems like a JAAG (just another Asian Grinder. I don't know if anyone has ever used that term before but if they haven't then I get dibs on coining it!)

So as a JAAG (I can see the money rolling in now) you expect junky gameplay, no real reason to do things but grind and get loot and parade around in cities showing off said loot, and essentially a game made only to make enough cash shop money until the devs put out another JAAG.

When I played it I felt a bit dissapointed. Oh sure the character creation seemed decent but I was immediately dumped out in a field where I was suppoed to grind out kills. Since I already had done that and since I didn't think the art design was all that and that the graphics were ok at best I decided to pass.

Perhaps I'll look into it again. Of course there is an image of a player on a horse that sits on a winged Tiger (or some such thing) and that did seem a bit ridiculous.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • TemegoTemego Member Posts: 20

The game is good at the beginning, but after you're +30, it's complete bullshit; grinding, grinding and more grinding.

+, at higher level, you HAVE TO BUY item mall items to compete; the 200k MP/HP scrolls are a must.

• GiggetGigget Member Posts: 129
    Originally posted by JMadisonIV

the reason that it does not get any hype is because the MMORPG.com community overall despises games that have an Item Mall Business model.
    being an actual good quality game does not matter if it does not have a Subscription Business Model.
    to *this* forum community, having an Item Mall automatically turns your game into crap, regardless of whether the game itself is good or bad.

When stating opinion, please just state your own.  You do not represent the overall thoughts of this community.  Many people that use this site play the F2P games which have item malls.  Therefore, your opinion is baseless and wrong.

Originally posted by Gigget

When stating opinion, please just state your own.  You do not represent the overall thoughts of this community.  Many people that use this site play the F2P games which have item malls.  Therefore, your opinion is baseless and wrong.

"many" people do use this site and play the Item Mall Games. I am one of them. however, this "many" people are a minority.

I haven't claimed to represent the overall thoughts of anything. so that argument is really pointless.

I'm offering reasoning based on what I observe in this forum. any time a F2P game is mentioned, you get a bunch of people bashing the game based on its pay style, and not its game quality.

there is very much a base for my opinion, thank you very much. and if you look around for a bit.

just as one specific example, www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/219085/The-future-of-MMOs-Item-mall.html

Based on what I've seen on this forum, F2P players are a minority. Most of the people dislike the Item Mall business model.

next time, try to find out what the opinion is based on, before talking down to the person who expressed it.

I didn't just pull this out of thin air, I've been here for a while observing this.

thanks!

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

PW is ok, but RoM and Atlantica do everything PW does except the customization way better, they are both less grind and they are both more fun and innovation in quests.

• maxnrosymaxnrosy Member Posts: 608

some of ya are a tad bit off about this game.

you dont need to buy items from the item mall, just be smart, sell your items via cat shop and you can purchase said items from other players, also these items are not mandatory. this is one of the few ftp games that you dont need the item mall to succeed. infact every item sold can be puchased in different ways.

for those who claim the game becomes a grindfest at lvl 30+ your completely wrong. im lvl 41 and still have plenty of quests. also there are daily quests aval , helping lower lvls do their call of duty quests also net you exp , cube of fate. the list goes on. grinding is an option. if your gonna try to max cap asap, you WILL have to grind. If you do the daily quests, your cube of fate every day, and the many other options given to you, you dont have to grind as much as your claiming you have to.  grinding is in every game but the ammount of grinding done by the player depends on the player. I am not in a hurry to smack lvl cap the daily quests do give me a chunk of exp plus the other quests i have been reciveing.

now about the controls i do have to agree. i do wish i had the option to customize the controls.

If there are any reasons why this game is not hyped on this website as much, it can be due to the fact that the game itself has its own website and fourms. the servers are packed. remember this version of the game is catered to the western side, not just usa. Also the only place i ever head of this game was here on mmorpg.com i have not seen this game advertized that much on the internet.

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by Temego

The game is good at the beginning, but after you're +30, it's complete bullshit; grinding, grinding and more grinding.

+, at higher level, you HAVE TO BUY item mall items to compete; the 200k MP/HP scrolls are a must.

Lol you're the one that's bsing. I have a BM that's over level 50 now and I haven't grinded ONCE to get a level and I still have some quests to do. Again, the game doesn't get "grindy" until you're in the 60s or 70s. Quit killing monsters 24/7 durrrr

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

generally speaking, of course

I don't believe this sentiment at all.... Item Malls can be a bad thing  when it gives unfair advantages, generally in PvP,  other than that argument I haven't noticed a lot of grumbling about games with item malls.

With that said, I have to agree, this game is good for a few levels, for me it was only good for 24 levels, and then I got tired of the repetition and even at that point the dwindling number of quests, and the ever loving grind.......

i am finding it a bit alarming that some people do see grinding around the lvls  25+ to 35+ and call it quits due to well grinding comming thier way.

there is one flaw this game does have in its quest system. you didnt get the quests, you can never do them after you pass the lvl req of the quests.

however this can be bypassed by using one of the features this game has and it seems many people are not aware of.

the quest finder. clicky on this button and it does tell you who has to offer a quest at your lvl. the general idea as to get all the quests to the point that you clicky on that button and nothing appears. someone in my guild did tell me the game does have around 5000 quests or so.

• xover33xover33 Member Posts: 70

I downloaded this game this weekend and I am in love with this game. 

Right now my main game is Warhammer Online which I am in love with too, but sometimes you need a break from the game and I have like 4 characters a Knight of the Blazing Sun, A Bright Wizard, a Disciple of Khaine, and a Squig Herder.  But even with all those characters I just do not have as much fun with them as I do with my Blademaster in PWI

I love the setting Ancient Chinese Culture.  I love the whole being able to Double Jump and Float.  The combat is fast, the Interface is nice, and their is so much stuff to do in this game. Pretty bad when a F2P game has more stuff to do in terms of PK, PVP, DUEL, ARENAS, Crafting then a P2P MMO

Seriously if this game was a little quicker and better graphics it woul be my main game, but Warhammer right now has better graphics, better competition, and all my friends play it where they won't step foot near a free game.

But I am impressed with this game so far

I am on the Etherblade Server Lvl 10 Bladmaster by the name of ValiarMarcus

for Mr. "Gigget":
    www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/221355/Do-you-play-Free-2-play-MMORPG-games-or-Pay-2-play-MMORPGs-Compare-the-of-the-community-.html
    check the Poll.

Yeah about the poll. only 41 people submitted votes. On the top of where it says mmorpg it says there are 239 games 1106 guilds and 987991 members.

sorry but the poll does not prove anything, even 1 person did point out that other mmo side are more f2p heavy.

kinda ironic your trying to prove somthing and the game your playing happens to be a ftp game... go figure

Originally posted by maxnrosy

for Mr. "Gigget":
    www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/221355/Do-you-play-Free-2-play-MMORPG-games-or-Pay-2-play-MMORPGs-Compare-the-of-the-community-.html
    check the Poll.

Yeah about the poll. only 41 people submitted votes. On the top of where it says mmorpg it says there are 239 games 1106 guilds and 987991 members.

sorry but the poll does not prove anything, even 1 person did point out that other mmo side are more f2p heavy.

kinda ironic your trying to prove somthing and the game your playing happens to be a ftp game... go figure

the poll was posted today.  just keep watching it as more votes come in., and watch the comments that are made in the thread regarding Item Mall games. I didn't post the link to the poll as a "look at this irrefutable proof" statement. it was more of a "don't believe me, then monitor this poll over the next few days/weeks and see what people vote for" statement.

and my point was that *on this site* (not any others, that's their business), the F2P fans are a minority, even if I am one of them. I didn't say F2P players are a minority overall, only among the forum posters on *this website*.

and what I am trying to "prove" is that I didn't just pull that viewpoint out of my ass, it is based on my experience posting on this website and what I've observed while doing so.

• bluealien1bluealien1 Member Posts: 526

It's an Asian grinder. At level 35 you start to get like 1 quest per level, the game is just terrible.

Originally posted by maxnrosy

for Mr. "Gigget":
    check the Poll.

the poll was posted today.  just keep watching it as more votes come in., and watch the comments that are made in the thread regarding Item Mall games. I didn't post the link to the poll as a "look at this irrefutable proof" statement. it was more of a "don't believe me, then monitor this poll over the next few days/weeks and see what people vote for" statement.

and my point was that *on this site* (not any others, that's their business), the F2P fans are a minority, even if I am one of them. I didn't say F2P players are a minority overall, only among the forum posters on *this website*.

and what I am trying to "prove" is that I didn't just pull that viewpoint out of my ass, it is based on my experience posting on this website and what I've observed while doing so.

you might want to read your 1st post with the link then this post you just made.

as you can see, nothing in your 1st post mentions anything at all. just a link and a mention to a poster to look at the poll.

how can someone know what you were trying to get at if you didnt mention nothing at all. now with your 2nd post you clarified your intentions.

• Originally posted by bluealien1

It's an Asian grinder. At level 35 you start to get like 1 quest per level, the game is just terrible.

are you kiding ???  I doubt that you ever played this game !!!