Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Site Design and Layout Comments / Suggestions Thread

Comments

• LethalBurstLethalBurst Member UncommonPosts: 367

The way the Ratings and Forum sections are displayed are driving me crazy, and general navigation around the site is a huge pain in the ass compared to the way it was. Please, for the love of baby Jesus and all that is sane, put the site back to the way it was.

• ObiyerObiyer Member Posts: 511

Well, from my brief interaction with the new design, it feels a bit more crowded. I'm sure I can get used to it though.

I don't know what's causing it to feel so crowded, perhaps it's all the options?

Ahh, maybe it's the header such as "MMORPG.com Discussion Forums" right below the options? So when I look at the tabs at the top it's coinciding with the panel I'm look at?

I don't know, other than the GUI feels crowded.

EDIT:

As of 30 minutes later, I have gotten used to it a bit, but the left frame still makes it feel crowded. When I say left frame I mean the place where the "Mail" and "Recent" links are placed in.

• erkinbabaerkinbaba Member UncommonPosts: 79

Come on guys/girls, we all know old site was better. New one is some how ... errmm.. something like..errm... like you tried a make soup and you ended up with hot water with some dust (?) taste. I really miss old one. And why change face when you were known by all ? And again ( said that same thing in my other post), gray is not the right color for mmorpg.com ! This is not fracking IT site ! Rollback please, for good.

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730

Replace the grey with chrome but keep the grey theme as an option for the laptoppers.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912
    Originally posted by Obiyer

Well, from my brief interaction with the new design, it feels a bit more crowded. I'm sure I can get used to it though.
    I don't know what's causing it to feel so crowded, perhaps it's all the options?
    Ahh, maybe it's the header such as "MMORPG.com Discussion Forums" right below the options? So when I look at the tabs at the top it's coinciding with the panel I'm look at?
    I don't know, other than the GUI feels crowded.
    EDIT:
    As of 30 minutes later, I have gotten used to it a bit, but the left frame still makes it feel crowded. When I say left frame I mean the place where the "Mail" and "Recent" links are placed in.

I think it feels crowded because they have the main part sandwiched between two large empty borders, so it looks compressed.

• JacobeliJacobeli Member Posts: 11

i liked the old site better imo

SHALOM

• whozthisguywhozthisguy Member UncommonPosts: 186

sorry, but i also prefer the old look and layout.

• Gam3d4rKGam3d4rK Member Posts: 146

I really like this new style ^o^

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811

Go back to the old style, please.

• rhinokrhinok Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

Thanks for adding the Quick Game Jump back in!

~Ripper

• StellosStellos Member UncommonPosts: 1,491

I absolutely hate the drop down boxes for forums.  An alphabitized drop down for searching for games??? What is the purpose of this?  If someone wants to find a game they will go to the game, not see what decent MMOs are out there, but only in the A-C category.  This is rediculous, the letter a game starts with has nothing to do with wanting to play a certain game.  Think about it.  I want to look at Ultima Online so I go to the T-Z.  Why can't you just have the Released games and Games in Development.  You may think it organizes things, but really it is unnecessary and looks like fluff to me.

• skywisenightskywisenight Member UncommonPosts: 348

You might notice that there is also a Form Select box below the letters which you can easily open and press the letter you want to jump, or above "A-C" there are two other accordian boxes, one for Popular Released games and Popular Development games to narrow the list to what the editor thinks are the most active and popular forums.

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

I cant stand what yall did to the Make a post page... I keep hitting the Insert Poll button and I miss seeing all the Emotes on the right.

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• SyriSyri Member UncommonPosts: 230

I agree that the insert poll option is rather, distracting. It is in the position one would normally expect to find the button to submit the post.

I would suggest maybe collapsing the area between the post box and the post message buttons, and have a script that reveals them when needed, something like an "advanced options" button to the right, below the posting box and styled differently to the submit button. Clicking that advanced options button would then reveal the options for polls, image handling and such.

The emotes button I believe would be better as a bar imediately below the post box, with the most commonly used emotes as direct links, and then a colapse button on the far right, similar to my suggestion for the advanced options, that will expand out the emote area, to show all available emotes.

------------------------------
    Currently playing: Rift

former player of: DAoC, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, SWG (pre-NGE), WoW, Warhammer online, LotR:O

• beryl87beryl87 Member Posts: 4

the site is no very lively,but in my apinions,the more of the mmorpg is youth and lively

• LedZep89LedZep89 Member Posts: 30

I don't care about having so many ads around the site, you need to get money somehow, but can we do something about the animations? It's slowing down the entire site and I hate waiting that long just clicking a link.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

well, the ads certainly aren't going anywhere but....

with a decent processor and decent connection this site is still frikkin slow - way to slow

• Jefferson81Jefferson81 Member Posts: 730
    Originally posted by gatheris

well, the ads certainly aren't going anywhere but....
    with a decent processor and decent connection this site is still frikkin slow - way to slow

It's slower now than the old one.

I guess the code-ies really dropped the ball on this one.

• shadocastreshadocastre Member Posts: 2

Seriously, folks.. SORT BY PLATFORM.

You've got Mac and Browser support listed.. where's the love for linux?

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I am not reading through 9 pages to see if posted already,but the site is still messed up.

Apart from often times not able to page back as it asks to resend and never works,you hit a post and it sends you to the general discussion instead of the post.If on the rare chance i do get a back page to reload it turns the whole page into one bland all white sheet.Sometimes the pages will return to normal except the dark areas are darker yet and the black typing is near impossible to see.

It has been like this for i would say 2 weeks anyhow.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181
  • HorrorScopeHorrorScope Member UncommonPosts: 599

Really this? Honestly this site looks like sites look over 10 years ago now. Is this the cycle for web sites, wait a while and it will be in again? I went out of my way just to get my 2 cents in because it's so alpha looking in design now.

Just hit me, I'm wondering if there is something up with my browser and this because I just can't imagine what it looks like on my end was intended. Perhaps I need a screen shot to see if I'm getting undesired results. For example the game list no longer has a graphical colored hype meter, just a number. Looks so basic.

Yeah something is up. On IE it looks a lot better, it's not even close to the same on Firefox for me. Firefox looks like a Blackberry page.3

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272
    This is probably the worst designed and laid out site I've been to in a LONG time. And they use a dead technology to run the site (coldfusion). Please, switch over the software, migrate your junk and use something that actually works (faster). If you have TABLES in your HTML, you are a noob.
This discussion has been closed.