Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does the boutique give a huge advantage?

I'm downloading Pw right now and I was wondering if The Boutique sells items that give huge advantages? Is it a item mall for the lazy? Can you get the same items from high lvl dungeons?

Any info that anyone has on the boutique and its affects on the game would be a big help.

I give no mercy

Comments

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

No. Not really. It's an item mall that mostly for people who like to look good or ride in style. Basically its a clothing store. The clothes give no stats they just look better than most armor. Then, there's mounts which are animals you just ride on nothing more, so you just move around the map a little faster.

The only thing that can be used toward combat are the hp/mp charms which refill your hp/mp back to full when each respective bar is halfway gone. Not really a gamebreaker. On non-pvp servers for lower levels the charms are great for solo play or questing because in the end they're cheaper than all the pots you would buy from the store.

If you play on pvp server though you're gonna have to learn how to make money fast so you can buy charms from other players especially if you plan on playing a melee class because you might get tired of strong ranged characters attacking you and killing you before you can take 5 steps.

• alcapwnyoualcapwnyou Member Posts: 97

Thank you very much. I learned 2 things from that, the boutique is not op and play ranged dps. lol

I give no mercy

• maxnrosymaxnrosy Member Posts: 608

oh dont think melee is bad XD, your best bet is a pve server. you can still pvp if you flag yourself. and also you can partake in the territory wars which is pvp.

as for the store. the mounts dont give you a minor speed boast. they give you a mayor one, the benifit of em is you can travel very fast(some reach the max speed allowed) this alone will drasicly reduce your travel time by alot. HOWEVER. they cost in around 35$ to 45$  its really ment for the lazy, or those who actually fall in love with the game.

now there is somthing that seperates this ftp from the rest. The ability to obtain those same items you see in the online shop without spending a single $$. it comes from your effort to meet the demands of the person who is selling it. you see, some people will pay 40$ for an item to obtain somthing else or ingame money.

so if you reallllllllly want somthing you might wanna save your earnings. XD

Watching Fanbois drop their soap in a prison full of desperate men.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

Oh I forgot to mention the Dragon Orbs which are used for refining. Dragon Orbs make the refining process 100%, but it costs ALOT to refine in the end. There's 12 levels to refine weapons and armor. You can get to level 5 using dragon orbs, but it will cost you $44.50. Then, after that to make a level 6 dragon orb you have to combine 4 level 5 dragon orbs which cost $24 EACH. Then, to make a level 7 dragon orb you need 4 level 6 orbs and you see where I'm going?

So altogether refining weapons are too costly ($2000+ a item to get it to max level) so you won't have to worry about people running around with Super Elite gear and 'pwning' everything in sight. You'll rarely see a player selling dragon orbs either. Although I'd advise you to not try and refine without a dragon orb cause you'll waste your items most of the time.

Which is why I like Perfect World. It's a game that knows how to run a cash shop that doesn't let players buy suped up characters from it. This is how Cash Shops should work in all games, but today we have these money grubbing companies. The developers of PW are a little greedy as well. They're holding off some in-game content that would make that cash shop even more obsolete, just so they can make a quick buck.

• ammoniteammonite Member Posts: 113
    Originally posted by Bonemane

Oh I forgot to mention the Dragon Orbs which are used for refining. Dragon Orbs make the refining process 100%, but it costs ALOT to refine in the end. There's 12 levels to refine weapons and armor. You can get to level 5 using dragon orbs, but it will cost you $44.50. Then, after that to make a level 6 dragon orb you have to combine 4 level 5 dragon orbs which cost $24 EACH. Then, to make a level 7 dragon orb you need 4 level 6 orbs and you see where I'm going?
    So altogether refining weapons are too costly ($2000+ a item to get it to max level) so you won't have to worry about people running around with Super Elite gear and 'pwning' everything in sight. You'll rarely see a player selling dragon orbs either. Although I'd advise you to not try and refine without a dragon orb cause you'll waste your items most of the time.
    Which is why I like Perfect World. It's a game that knows how to run a cash shop that doesn't let players buy suped up characters from it. This is how Cash Shops should work in all games, but today we have these money grubbing companies. The developers of PW are a little greedy as well. They're holding off some in-game content that would make that cash shop even more obsolete, just so they can make a quick buck.

LOL @ little greedy (thinking of the overpowered Phoenix battle pet - $150.00).

Everything is grossly overpriced by PWI and it encourages idiots and kids to part with up to $1000 (one thousand dollars) to compensate for the non paying players.

To the OP:

PW is a game designed for the grind/cashshop player so it’s not ‘being lazy’ to use the cash shop. 

Up to level 60: You can buy everything you need from the cash shop to craft weapons and armour or you can grind for 'days' to get the mats to reach the same state of 'Leetness'. You cannot use anything above your level.

Above level 60 your grinding dungeons for mats for just about everything.