Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Screens of a World I find Amazing!

Comments

• OrccOrcc Member Posts: 3,043

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

that looks pretty nice the water in the stream nice to see you can walk across them and its not lame like some barrier

"It's the darkness that brings us power"
    Websites
    Official - www.sofdnl.com
    Owners of Aldrifas-Library - www.aldrifas-library.com
    Keepers of devchats - www.aldrifas-library.com
    Free Guild Hosting - www.dnlguild.com

• 92165449216544 Member Posts: 1,904

That wasnt a joke. Lol I have said before that I think they look good. Its mainly just the armor that reminds me of RS, just the style, not so much the graphics. I dont know why they just do. It definately looks good though, if I dont like EQ2 I will play this game, or sometime in the future.

EQ2 Qeynos Guild- http://www.imperium-arcanum.com

• MaxxxMaxxx Member UncommonPosts: 389

they spend to much time on the enviroment then on the character models...
    same as Everquest2, pretty graphics and horriable character models.

Maxxatron - Anarchy Online

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Originally posted by Maxxx
    they spend to much time on the enviroment then on the character models...
    same as Everquest2, pretty graphics and horriable character models.Maxxatron - Anarchy Online

Actually, they didn't spend that much time on the environment at all if you know about their game engine.

They spend most their time on the CONTENTS.

• Metal-BrotheMetal-Brothe Member Posts: 10
    The world is so great. The player characters arent ;) Anyway I hope they release it soon so that we can pay for it and make sure NPcube will not go bankrupt. This is the only point im fearing about the game.

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

True, it takes a long time and not every company can keep spending much money without making any profit (yet). That's perhaps why they are not yet making lots of publicity because game isn't ready for some time so no need to spend money that has barely any purpose.

Just hope I win a beta ticket here on mmorpg because i just entered to win (like most of the 50,000 people here i think image )

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• metalfoxusmetalfoxus Member Posts: 805
    I really want to play this game, but i really hate the armour models. I know it sounds stupid, but this game doesn't look like it has any "style". Hell, I even prefer WoW graphics to this. I will play DnL, but it won't be as enjoyable for me if the graphics aren't updated.

• blacksacblacksac Member Posts: 1,045

• RegusRegus Member Posts: 489

Originally posted by metalfoxus
    I really want to play this game, but i really hate the armour models. I know it sounds stupid, but this game doesn't look like it has any "style". Hell, I even prefer WoW graphics to this. I will play DnL, but it won't be as enjoyable for me if the graphics aren't updated.

I would just say look above this post and you see some armour model right there and if it really would look like this then i am really sad because april is so far away (or maybe in 27 days with beta give away).

One day all will die, surely you but never I.

"One day all will die, surely you but never I." Wheel of Time

• leteufleteuf Member Posts: 27

Houaouu, I love.image

I hesitated between WoW and DnL but with this screen i'am entirely bewitch.

highly that I am selected for beta

http://www.ifrance.com/warez-midi/signature/leteuf.jpg

DAOC: Ys/Hib

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

You must be on crack.

P.S. ALL the screenshots shown are taken IN GAME.

• leteufleteuf Member Posts: 27

lol you smoke ? Graphics are perfect for a beta

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

They have/have had so much to do to create MMORPG this large that I don't blame them for leaving polishing graphics and such last...and this game is still far from release...

• WotannWotann Member Posts: 294

There is a little quality range in the screenshots. The engine used adapts itself to the players system so graphic quality can differ from situation to situation to guarantee a smoth operation. I was told that during the beta, they use 6 levels of this graphic engine. Higher quality graphic means less performance on poor systems, and vice versa.

I can only wish that I could take a look at the quality difference first hand, but for that you need to be in beta.

Nemo sine vitio est

Nemo sine vitio est

• scorescore Member Posts: 28

Also keep in mind that these are early beta screenshots =)
    Taken almost a year before release.

• stephen_sofstephen_sof Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 388

holly shit indoors look sweet i hope we can re-arange everything there that would be sweet
    i love the cloth on the wall and nice picture :P the amror looks alot nicer allso hope the rest of the world looks as nice as that room :P

Websites
    Official - www.sofdnl.com
    Owners of Aldrifas-Library - www.aldrifas-library.com
    Keepers of devchats - www.aldrifas-library.com
    Free Guild Hosting - www.dnlguild.com

• MercurybladeMercuryblade Member Posts: 5

The graphics are fantastic although a little bland in some areas, such as the armor in the screenshots looks like it was made out of a dull plastic rather than metal. But the sun in the sky and the view distances are incredible. I hope this game looks good on my 9800 pro.

• thethanatosthethanatos Member Posts: 2

i wonder what graphic card he/she using who took these screenshots.

this game rocks.

• WildJesterWildJester Member Posts: 3
    Fo' sho that is one AMAZING pic.. what is that lemme kno ... dark and light i thought isnt out yet i thought..? or is it

~LaTaZ~

~LaTaZ~

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

No, it's not out yet.

They're shooting for an April release. It's been pushed back a few times already, so who knows... it's hard to tell how close they are since there is still a NDA(and will be for awhile I think) and we really have no idea what's even been implemented yet.

Hell, for all we know someone really talented drew those pictures, and a Dark and Light doesn't even exist. ::::18::::::18::::::18::::::18::

Ok well probably not, but still. :P

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

• AtheaAthea Member UncommonPosts: 79
    WOW! Those screens are amazing! This game will definaly be on my try list.

Admin / Owner of warcraftradio.com (World of Warcraft Radio)