Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i wish i'd...

HellsMajestyHellsMajesty Member UncommonPosts: 204

discovered this game a long time ago

it looks awesome....

but its almost entirely dead isnt it?

unless anybody can recommend it as still having some life in it i think ill continue my search for another mmo

Comments

• PentamorphPentamorph Member Posts: 101

RIGHT after release, MxO was a LOT of fun.

Today...yeah....it's practically dead. SoE has it on life support with ONE Developer tinkering with it. The only people you will find are all max level players standing around hardlines dueling.

You will become unbearably bored trying to level to 50 by yourself. It's a long grind, and very hard to solo all the way there.

It would take you weeks of gaining trust among the few players in the game to find a guild...as all new players are viewed with suspicion, for potentially being alts of a rival faction player, and thus a spy.

Sadly....MxO is dead. Wish they'd pull the plug already, and free up the IP for another game.

• HellsMajestyHellsMajesty Member UncommonPosts: 204

Thanks for the quick reply

Its a real shame cos its a brilliant concept following one of my favourite storylines

i guess ill go look at eve online :P

• ssnautilusssnautilus Member Posts: 373

It's not as bad as you think. I log in from time to time, and do random missions. No, am not 50 yet, but yes, game can get tough solo.

The game used to be very dead, but now you will find decent gathering of folks around certain popular hardlines on a daily basis.

Ofcourse having Station Access makes it "technically" free for me to play - so no worries there. I'd prefer to have games on life support, than having their plugs pulled - atleast it gives us an alternative option to play.

Best thing I like about MxO is the ability to REALLY change your skills and abilities and redesign your role. Plug in and change skills at hardlines.

I used to be Zion faction but am now moving towards the Machines.

yer thats part of what drew me to the game it seems really versatile

but dead games arnt a good place to start if your looking for something to go hardcore on :P

if onli it was a few years ago i'd jump on this game

• FireForkFireFork Member Posts: 64

i started this game 2 years ago, was in it for 1 month and never saw much player in there, i renewed my acc this week and now you can even be invited to do missions etc. More and more players are coming back and the area is more crowded then i ever has seen befor in MxO. :D nice game and it's fun.

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by FireFork

i started this game 2 years ago, was in it for 1 month and never saw much player in there, i renewed my acc this week and now you can even be invited to do missions etc. More and more players are coming back and the area is more crowded then i ever has seen befor in MxO. :D nice game and it's fun.

No they're not.

SoE finally figured out that having MxO as a buddy key only free trial access was dumb, now it's available on Station Launcher as a 14 day trial...but the game isn't growing.

Vector is dead, most hardcore PvPers from Vector have left for Syntax.

Recursion is dead, most people not into hardcore RP left for Syntax.

Syntax is active.

MxO gamers have been pushing for a server merge for years, factions are drying up left and right, Rarebit has been shouldering that game alone for years because SoE/WB no longer takes an active interest in MxO.

Play it, love it, enjoy it....i did...but free trials does not constitute a growing game and a few vets poking their heads in for a month before they bail again does not constitute a renewed interest.

its a shame that SOE are so neglectful of what could have been a potentially brilliant game, they could at least go to the small effort of a server merge in order to allow the last remaining players to have a slightly more populated experience.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564
    Originally posted by HellsMajesty

its a shame that SOE are so neglectful of what could have been a potentially brilliant game, they could at least go to the small effort of a server merge in order to allow the last remaining players to have a slightly more populated experience.

Yeah... all their effort, sadly, goes into finding new ways to milk the players in their more popular MMOs.

Not even sure why they bothered buying MxO to be honest, if they're just letting it limp along the way it is.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops