Global banking Poll

2»

Comments

• cosycosy ColentinaMember UncommonPosts: 3,228

also one more point if bank looting is allowed imagine you get a alter in a carebear city work your way up until get permission on guard or stuff like that then on night put off all NPC guard make a raid whit some friends and loot the bank
    :D:D:D

BestSigEver :P

• fagercraftfagercraft skovdeMember Posts: 170
    Originally posted by tombear81

Oddly not fitting in with the rest if the gameplay. I would have thought moving items around and trading caravan would have been great in such a large world. And also  capturing or outright destroying enemy caravans. Such a large world would have been great for this. Could even have maybe NPC caravans every now and again ?
    As for the DF forums it is surprising. Maybe they just want to do the get-uber-leet items though via PvP and then find a quick way to escape. Global banking is a massive turn off. Ugh ! Its things like this, why I think this game is not going to be good at all. Its not been thought out.
    Lets hope its just for beta ! 

Not all hope is lost thou, for one; it might just be for beta to make it easier to test out stuff. It might also be that the global system is only linked within a certain region.

But yeah, it would seem like a clear choise to not have global banking in a game like this, ah well not everything is gonna be like how i want it

FagerCraft - Feeding the trolls on mmorpg.com since 2005.

• DameonkDameonk Ewa Beach, HIMember UncommonPosts: 1,914

No quotes this time.

To the people that responded to my posts, we will just have to agree to disagree I suppose.

Where you see possible raids on trade caravans and the fun of guarding said caravans I simply see a system where the traders would only stay in one city and if you wanted items you would have to go to that city.

Where you see having the ability to cut off trade routes to your enemy's city I see resource and item prices so high that the whole game becomes about obtaining gold and only the biggest guilds on the server can afford to own any land.

Where you see attrition coming into play during a siege I see the attackers having to waste countless hours stockpiling the closest bank to the enemy city to make sure they don't run out of supplies.  Possibly days of work.

Where you see the enjoyment of having your equipment spread across 10+ different banks, having to travel hours just to pick up an item that you have in a bank in another city, and having to keep track of where everything is with an excel spreadsheet; I see the hindrance and boring/grinding atmosphere this would create for me, personally.

Nothing anyone says will change my mind on a local banking system without some type of fast travel like UO had.  Hell, even UO was a global bank and you could teleport to any place in the game in 2 seconds.

Thanks for the conversation people!

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• ustoolustool tualatin, ORMember Posts: 86

yeah i know we will all complain but once the game comes out we will all use it

• fagercraftfagercraft skovdeMember Posts: 170
    Originally posted by Dameonk

No quotes this time.
    To the people that responded to my posts, we will just have to agree to disagree I suppose.
    Where you see possible raids on trade caravans and the fun of guarding said caravans I simply see a system where the traders would only stay in one city and if you wanted items you would have to go to that city.
    The more traders that stay, the higher the prices will be, the higher the reward for a successfull caravan run would be, the less the traders, the less the gankers (gankers will be where there is prey). Its a system that balances itself.
    Where you see having the ability to cut off trade routes to your enemy's city I see resource and item prices so high that the whole game becomes about obtaining gold and only the biggest guilds on the server can afford to own any land.
    Nomatter how rich the guild owning the fortress is, if there are no stockpiles of iron and wood sellable in there town - gold means nothing. Unless the enemies on your walls are kind enough to sell to you, or for a "small" sum let traders in to your castle. The guilds that can actually manage the caravans good, are the ones who will be good - not the ridh ones. Makes it easier for smaller guilds to invade, and gives option to small guilds to harass the big ones.
    Where you see attrition coming into play during a siege I see the attackers having to waste countless hours stockpiling the closest bank to the enemy city to make sure they don't run out of supplies.  Possibly days of work.
    Well if you really want the castle, or hate em enough - make a guildrun defending a caravan and haul everything in one go with a zerg no small thief gangs would try there luck on. Doesnt really take days..
    Where you see the enjoyment of having your equipment spread across 10+ different banks, having to travel hours just to pick up an item that you have in a bank in another city, and having to keep track of where everything is with an excel spreadsheet; I see the hindrance and boring/grinding atmosphere this would create for me, personally.
    Well I would say that if anyone spread there gear across 10 places, they where dumb. Youd have gear in your hometown, some in your current area of hunting and in some cases you stock up in areas around your enemy, if you suddenly have to join your guild for PvP. This is how it looked in eve most of the time, generally speaking.
    Nothing anyone says will change my mind on a local banking system without some type of fast travel like UO had.  Hell, even UO was a global bank and you could teleport to any place in the game in 2 seconds.
    Im abit soft for this aswell, i hope atleast theres a flightbat between key position avalible (like Major cities, and perhaps even player castles). Not to much thou, as in L2 it was way to much in the end.
    Thanks for the conversation people!

I do understand what your saying and even thou i give the view of the "other side", your points still stands true. Global banking adds alot of timesinking even if it opens up for alot more options of gameplay. Its just that in a competetive game like this, youd think theyd want the extra flavour to how and why ppl fight.

FagerCraft - Feeding the trolls on mmorpg.com since 2005.

• hidden1hidden1 San Francisco, CAMember UncommonPosts: 1,244

none of what' hase been said matters as Mortal Online according to what i've read so far in their forums seems to indicate that they will succeed where DF might fail.  And the more and more i read up on MO, the more I'm giving up on DF