Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP Ranks & The Abyss Explained

2»

Comments

• GoldenDogGoldenDog Member Posts: 586
    Originally posted by Leucent

So the awesome pvp in Aion has turned into killing npc s , sounds awesome.

It has come down to hunting the highest ranked players.  They hide because they have a lot more to loose than the people searching for them.  Sounds like a bit of a rush to me.  If they see you first you're already dead.

LineageII | LoTRO | RFO | 9Dragons | Aion | Perfect World | Ether Saga | Dungeon Runners | GuildWars 1 and 2 | Hellgate London | tCoS | Warhammer | AoC | Tabula Rasa | SWTOR
    youtube.com/gcidogmeat
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

K/D ratio ensures skilled players have the highest ranks? LOL

Nice, so I can grid mobs all day get a higher level and better gear than everyone else allowing me to easily own tons of  casuals and that equals a high level of pvp skill. I am even rewarded for this playstyle by being given the ability to transform into a raid boss so I can 'out-skill' the noobs even more.

I wonder how many servers will be left after the first 6 months.

• arebareb Member Posts: 144

Hmm sounds like awarding K/D ratio could really be a double-edged sword.  On one hand it rewards skill, caution, team-working and strategy.  On the other hand it rewards running away from "iffy" fights and zerging smaller numbers.... Not necessarily good fights.  Are there any friendly NPCs to hide behind?  But yes, getting a kill on one of those high ranking people could really be fun.  We'll have to see how it works out in practice.

• arebareb Member Posts: 144

I just read that interview linked above... Rank 1-9 he described as Rambo-mode... After that yoou need to become increasingly cautious.  Cautious to the point where you stop all PvP lol.  I predict tweaks and changes to the system for sure.

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    Originally posted by areb

I just read that interview linked above... Rank 1-9 he described as Rambo-mode... After that yoou need to become increasingly cautious.  Cautious to the point where you stop all PvP lol.  I predict tweaks and changes to the system for sure.

Every time you have a death penalty that hurts your progression people will avoid PVP at all costs.

It`s a paradox that players who consider themselves hardcore PVPers claim that the only real PVP is when you have severe death penalty and full loot and at same time the same kids avoid any challenging and fun PVP like a plague heh.

This is why EVE is such a boring game.

In EVE the PVP happens more on forums and local chats then in space :)

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.