Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Check this guys forum Sig. Hillarious.

Look at JoBoFederish Forum Sig on this Forum page its funny.     http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/posts/list.m?start=15&topic_id=809649

Comments

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

im guessing you ment this

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

seen it

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Yes I thought it was pretty funny. I got a good laugh from it:) I had returned to SWG and was actually having some fun for about 3 months and then this came out and I knew it was a scam right off the bat. I quit again and have not been back. Its sad too I like Everquest 2 and was going to go back to it,and bam they had added The Card Game to it as well. SOE you need to get rid of Mr. Smedley.

• GutboyGutboy Member Posts: 630

Why would you quit over the card game, if you never typed into spatial /tcg you would not know it''s even in game. The card game has no effect on SWG gameplay, unless you think that a different looking speeder somehow gimps you gameplay or something if you don't have one.

• efefiaefefia Member Posts: 631
    Originally posted by Gutboy

Why would you quit over the card game, if you never typed into spatial /tcg you would not know it''s even in game.

LOL! the 100 word paragraph that was spammed at me when I logged in on the vet trial says otherwise.

...The spread of secondary and latterly of tertiary education has created a large population of people, often with well developed literary and scholarly tastes, who have been educated far beyond their capacity to undertake analytical thought.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448

Why would you quit over the card game, if you never typed into spatial /tcg you would not know it''s even in game. The card game has no effect on SWG gameplay, unless you think that a different looking speeder somehow gimps you gameplay or something if you don't have one.

Right, you would never know about the TCG or wonder where those unique buildings and speeders came from that you can't buy from a crafter, or where those buffs came from. Your blatent fanboism is disturbing

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• BattleskarBattleskar Member Posts: 341

Why would I quit? Simply because I hate scams. I hate the fact that they were making loot the playerbase has wanted for a long time and adding it to the card game. It made me feel SOE was not going to be adding much more cool stuff to the regular game to keep me coming for more. And the fact I know what it was like to get shafted by SOE before with all the other things they did. I also see many of their current players crying out against this and they are ignoring them,I have seen that before as well. I was having fun too shame on SOE. I feel my monthly fee should go towards adding somthing I desire for my toon,not a stupid card game.

• FelesLXXXIVFelesLXXXIV Member Posts: 33

The (un)Tradeable (non)Card Game, unlike the CU, is definitely "here to stay".  No way SOE is going to give in and stop adding meaningful loot cards, if anything they will ratchet it up even more in the next "expansion".

When your game isn't getting an expansion, not ever, but an unwanted, bolted on, pay for play lottery scheme is getting one every 6 months, that's not a situation that is designed to make anyone happy.

Nope, it's designed to loot the wallets of as many of the hardcore fanbois to the greatest degree they can before the NGE goes away.

When you are dealing with guys like Smed the only winning move is not to play.  You'd be more likely to reach him by spamming on a WOW server than by providing feedback to SOE.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Jeez Gut(fan)boy never stops.

• vet-in-exilevet-in-exile Member Posts: 239

I think it's funny that the card game gets an expansion pack where your precious NGE will never have one.

• WarmakerWarmaker Member UncommonPosts: 2,246
    Originally posted by vet-in-exile

I think it's funny that the card game gets an expansion pack where your precious NGE will never have one.

To throw some more salt in the wounds:  The NGE hit the fan in 2005.  2009 is about to hit (where I'm at, at least).  About 3.5 years without an expansion pack.

Pre-NGE, when SWG went live in Summer 2003 until the NGE hit the fan in late 2005, you had the following expansion packs:

Jump To Lightspeed

Rage of the Wookies

And of course, the ever notorious Trials of Obi-Wan.

But I think I can be forgiving in a twisted way.  I really should count ToOW as an NGE Expansion Pack since when it arrived, it secretly heralded the arrival of the NGE... even though the pack arrived right at the end of the CU days.

"I have only two out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and a constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (First Lieutenant Clifton B. Cates, US Marine Corps, Soissons, 19 July 1918)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Here is TWO VERY simple concepts,let's see if anyone here that likes to whine can grasp them?

did i mention they are VERY simple?

1 Players were leaving in drones >>PRE NGE<<<nobody wanted that game except the few whiners.

2 Do you need to worry about any micro transactions or card games,if you are not spending your money on them?

Here is the part that coincides with part #2,does it really matter since none of you are playing the game anyhow?you all left whining NGE apparently correct?

it is a game...MOVE ON ! read huckleberry fin or the adventures of Pippy Longstocking,geesh get over it..

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• AbrahmmAbrahmm Member Posts: 2,448
    Originally posted by Wizardry

Here is TWO VERY simple concepts,let's see if anyone here that likes to whine can grasp them?
    1 Players were slowly leaving due to lack of bug fixing and polish >>PRE NGE<<< The NGE dramatically increased that rate.

2 Do you need to worry about any micro transactions or card games,if you are not spending your money on them?
    Here is the part that coincides with part #2,does it really matter since none of you are playing the game anyhow?you all left whining NGE apparently correct?
    it is a game...MOVE ON ! read huckleberry fin or the adventures of Pippy Longstocking,geesh get over it..

You can't even try to use numbers to your advantage when talking about the NGE... pre-NGE had what, 200k subs? Post NGE? Well lets just say they never had to shut down half the servers pre-NGE due to the game being dead. But judging by your grammar and diction, you love the NGE and are the specified target audience, so continue to blindly defend it.

Tried: LotR, CoH, AoC, WAR, Jumpgate Classic
    Played: SWG, Guild Wars, WoW
    Playing: Eve Online, Counter-strike
    Loved: Star Wars Galaxies
    Waiting for: Earthrise, Guild Wars 2, anything sandbox.

• jrgambitjrgambit Member Posts: 157

1 Players were leaving in drones >>PRE NGE<<<nobody wanted that game except the few whiners.

#1 is just a plain wrong.   Pre-cu had lots of players, and alot were sticking around.  Sure some were leaving, but as soon as the cu hit thats when people left in "droves". 

--------------------
    SWG - Killed by $OE
    WOW - Retired
    Playing WAR

• severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by SgtFrog

Classic, must say this is very befitting :)

• ZANGFEIZANGFEI Member Posts: 439
    Originally posted by jrgambit

#1 is just a plain wrong.   Pre-cu had lots of players, and alot were sticking around.  Sure some were leaving, but as soon as the cu hit thats when people left in "droves". 

LMFAO someone STILL has to argue FK me..  please DO not mention that a FLY can fart to because someone will FOR sure argue the point.

• vet-in-exilevet-in-exile Member Posts: 239

The pre-cu game had 250,000 players. The current game has less than 10,000. I think your first assertion is not only wrong but stupidly wrong.

The only reason I worry about micro-transaction scams is that I don't want them infecting games that I currently play or games that I want to play in the future. I'm hoping that the whole thing fails quickly enough so that it doesn't catch on with decent developers but in this industry there's a lot of stupid people running around so you never know.

Also, We *have* moved on. That's why the SWG servers are so empty.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

1.  Even fewer people want the NGE.

2. I don't want these micro transactions coming to other mmo's, esp. if they start to become must haves or give an edge to those that have them (to be fair, I don't know if the ones in swg are like this).

Most of us have moved on.  I just like to make a comment every now and then.  Forums wars can be pretty entertaining at times.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

SOE, as evidenced by the barn and diner, will NOT be able to resist the temptation (if they have even enough morals which I seriously doubt to even have a twinge BEFORE doing it) to keep upping the ante and making each successive No-Trade-Non-Card "Game" "expansion" have even more "must haves".

• EbenEmaelEbenEmael Member Posts: 334

1 Players were leaving in drones >>PRE NGE<<<nobody wanted that game except the few whiners. That is pure BS. People started leaving in 'drones' after the CU went live. 200-300k subscribers seemed to have wanted pre-CU/NGE SWG.

Here is the part that coincides with part #2,does it really matter since none of you are playing the game anyhow? You don't have a clue who is currently playing the game. you all left whining NGE apparently correct? 
    it is a game...MOVE ON ! read huckleberry fin or the adventures of Pippy Longstocking,geesh get over it.. Why does it bother you that people complain about the game. Move on...

• pdxgeekpdxgeek Member Posts: 585
    Originally posted by FelesLXXXIV

SOE, as evidenced by the barn and diner, will NOT be able to resist the temptation (if they have even enough morals which I seriously doubt to even have a twinge BEFORE doing it) to keep upping the ante and making each successive No-Trade-Non-Card "Game" "expansion" have even more "must haves".

So the first new structures since the bunker are being given away in the card game. Obraik, do you still want to say that the card game isn't negatively impacting crafters?

• mr.torrancemr.torrance Member Posts: 32
    Originally posted by EbenEmael

1 Players were leaving in drones >>PRE NGE<<<nobody wanted that game except the few whiners. That is pure BS. People started leaving in 'drones' after the CU went live. 200-300k subscribers seemed to have wanted pre-CU/NGE SWG.  you realize soe admitted the nge to be a mistake right?

2 Do you need to worry about any micro transactions or card games,if you are not spending your money on them?  yes exactly. when companies screw people and generally use shady business tactics you should look away.
    Here is the part that coincides with part #2,does it really matter since none of you are playing the game anyhow? You don't have a clue who is currently playing the game. you all left whining NGE apparently correct? and then the nge players came here crying PLAY PLAY PLAY
    it is a game...MOVE ON ! read huckleberry fin or the adventures of Pippy Longstocking,geesh get over it.. Why does it bother you that people complain about the game. Move on...fanbots cannot abide truth or logic. it is like how vampires cannot stand garlic

Originally posted by pdxgeek

Originally posted by FelesLXXXIV

So the first new structures since the bunker are being given away in the card game. Obraik, do you still want to say that the card game isn't negatively impacting crafters?

He won't anwswer a direct question like that, netither will Badger...  Unless they state that SOE will "at some point" make those bonuses applicable to non TCG houses.  Which has NOT been promised (only discussed) and certainly didn't accompany the TCG houses into live...

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776

It's a forum post you don't like it don't read it take your own advice and MOVE ON

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• Dionysus187Dionysus187 Member Posts: 302

From the sounds of it it is much worse in SWG than EQ2, 'card' items I mean. Anything I saw in the game space in EQ2 was purely cosmetic, people running around with monster illusions or weird ass looking clothing. There are mounts too but you purchase better ones in-game, course mounts in general aren't 'must have'

In EQ2 they have yet to release anything, no matter how 'round about', that people need for tradeskilling, grouping or raiding thats considered 'must have.' If your a fan of frilly stupid crap like appearance clothing and house items you would end up having to deal with TCG in EQ2.

Its all must-have if you want to look like a huge tool though.

Probably worse on SWG because they don't have as many subs, don't have as many subs cause of NGE and they did NGE because LA wanted it to be more 'omgwtf console action!'