Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

Finally, a decent X-Men movie since the first.

movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808665084/video/11128168

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

I actually thought that the second and third movies were great...even the third, which a lot of people don't like because of what they did with the pheonix story, to me it was a great adaptation of something that was otherwise entirely too cartoonish.

This trailer rocks though, my favorite part is the very end, where Sabertooth goes "do you even know how to kill me?"

"I'm gonna cut your head off, see if that works"

LAWL!!!

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216

this movie is already great, since it has my favorite xman in it. Gambit.

Would also like to add that im glad they kept the same actor, I think he does make a good wolverine.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -

• ericfroctusoericfroctuso Member Posts: 5

oh nice gambit is here.. i was really waiting for that character to be shown in the movies.. i dont know whay they didnt included him on the X-MEN movies..

i heard that they are going to make THE AVENGERS movie in 2011.. anyone heard that rumor?

• OracleusOracleus Member Posts: 133

I really loved the movie but the phoenix stroy that is acquired in the cartoons really intriguing and felt of the end of the stroy, the phoenix should be th emost powerful but showing it to the 2nd movie makes it the end however I wish that the angelamn should be featured long enough i really like his wings and i like him a lot hehe

• paulscottpaulscott Member Posts: 5,613

How many places can Wolverine be in at once...  Even in the same time line

I find it amazing that by 2020 first world countries will be competing to get immigrants.

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

In the original Pheonix storyline oh so many year ago ( I feel old again ) Ice Man and Jean Grey/Pheonix were together.

Guess they didn't want everyone calling the Pheonix a cradle robbing milf with thebabyface they stuck in the Ice Man role.

• ramilendrianramilendrian Member Posts: 3

I didnt liked it when the 2nd part was the phoenix saga storyline... i was hoping for the sentinels story, but what they did is they just finished the movie on part 3 where Prof X died (was really sad).. even gambit was not shown.. i just hope that the gambit character will not be a flop on this wolverine movie...

• TurnellTurnell Member Posts: 239

I think what they need to do is tone down the superhero movies a bit. I dont want to see numerous superheros against numerous  villians. Just give me a good story with a single protagonist vs single antagonist.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I think that was the best 2 minutes of my new year. This movie is going to be a hit. It really reminds me of the Wolverine video games that's been made. It's about time there was a movie. I'm really glad to see Gambit in this movie. He's one of my favorite X-Men. In the series, comic books and most importanly one of the coolest in all of the X-Men video games. Marvel VS Capcom II. Throw up that stick, throw 100 cards, snap your finger, they all explode.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206

Ok i need some help on this, it looks like we have:

Wolverine:

Blob? (boxing scene)

Sabertooth

Gambit

I'm not sure about the guy in the red shirt at 0:39 (deadpool?) or the black guy in the cowboy hat at 0:40 (mavrick)and the lady at 1:57 (silver fox?)

I like that they're going all the way to his childhood, even if it's briefly....Gambit doesn't really fit the time frame of the Weapon X project but i suppose it doesn't have to fit -exactly- to the comics.

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

Your on the right track JT.

• Logan/Wolverine
    • Victor Creed/Sabretooth
    • Col. William Stryker
    • Gambit
    • Wraith
    • Kayla Silverfox
    • Deadpool
    • Barnell
    • Agent Zero
    • Emma Frost
    • Young Logan

Some of these characters I'm not familar with, but I've herd and seen them about. Maybe I've ran threw a few of them as a kid watching the X-men cartoon. I know I seen them all though.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586
    Originally posted by JustTalking

Ok i need some help on this, it looks like we have:
    Wolverine:
    Blob? (boxing scene)
    Sabertooth
    Gambit
    I'm not sure about the guy in the red shirt at 0:39 (deadpool?) or the black guy in the cowboy hat at 0:40 (mavrick)and the lady at 1:57 (silver fox?)
    I like that they're going all the way to his childhood, even if it's briefly....Gambit doesn't really fit the time frame of the Weapon X project but i suppose it doesn't have to fit -exactly- to the comics.

I'm thinking its Emma Frost going into crystal form.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

I like the new person they picked to play Sabertooth.  He looks more like the the Sabertooth from the cartoons and perhaps he'll have a more multidimentional role in this movie... unlike the X-Men ones where all he was good for was smashing stuff and attacking people with a tree trunk.

As I remember it, in the cartoons at least Sabertooth was very coniving and fairly intellegent rather then somewhat stupid and only really serving as Magneto's "muscle".

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• JustTalkingJustTalking Member CommonPosts: 206
    Originally posted by Illius

I like the new person they picked to play Sabertooth.  He looks more like the the Sabertooth from the cartoons and perhaps he'll have a more multidimentional role in this movie... unlike the X-Men ones where all he was good for was smashing stuff and attacking people with a tree trunk.
    As I remember it, in the cartoons at least Sabertooth was very coniving and fairly intellegent rather then somewhat stupid and only really serving as Magneto's "muscle".

Thanks Rikimaru and Briansho, it'been awhile sice i've cracked open some Marvel.

Illius, yes Sabertooth would have the intelligence and background experience that Wolverine has, but Sabertooth was always the more feral of the bunch...this version of Sabertooth is more...human...while the comicbook version of Sabertooth is usually shown to have a 'beastly' look....prounced canines and claws, pointed earsf and, depending on the artist, extremely tall and covered in an almost animal-like hair on most of his body.

Still though, this actor seems to be able to play the part....and i do like the fact that they aren't going with the more 'campy' approach with the characters.

• amatcanlasamatcanlas Member Posts: 4

LOL i love that game too! back in highschool..  I use Wolverine and Chun-Li.. I've joined many competitions already, we even gamble with the use of this game hahaha..