Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Im hooked

wolffinwolffin Member UncommonPosts: 193

Been playing for couple days now and am having a blast. I really like the quest and crafting. Game runs exceptionally well and looks great. Do not know if it is the game in general or if it is the server i am playing on but the population seems to be of a more mature nature and that is quite refreshing. I can see my self playing this game for a while.

Comments

• musicman2000musicman2000 Member Posts: 91

It's nice to see you having the exact same experience I've had -- after over 2 years of playing including my time in closed beta I've had fun enjoying every aspect of this game from rping, playing freeze tag, to killing top bosses like Thorog and the Balrog (hopefully the Watcher this weekend )

My advice to any new player who is having a positive experience so far is to spend time reading each quest so you can really immerse yourself in to the story line -- also, finish every exploration deed in your deed log as there are parts of the world the quests don't send you to that are breathtaking!

Best of luck to you!

• rozenblade1rozenblade1 Member CommonPosts: 501

I have been playing for a little over a month and I absolutely love it.  I loved it in the first 30 minutes haha.  It is a great game with a great community.  Everyone who plays does seem pretty mature and there is a lot of RP which I love.  It is the most immersive MMO I have played, and it's not all one big grind.

PLAYING: NOTHING!!!
    PLAYED:FFXI, LotRO, AoC, WAR, DDO, Megaten, Wurm, Rohan, Mabinogi, RoM

WAITING FOR: Dust 514

• jaxsundanejaxsundane Member Posts: 2,776
    Originally posted by wolffin

Been playing for couple days now and am having a blast. I really like the quest and crafting. Game runs exceptionally well and looks great. Do not know if it is the game in general or if it is the server i am playing on but the population seems to be of a more mature nature and that is quite refreshing. I can see my self playing this game for a while.

Agreed lotro doesn't do much of anything new in mmo's but what they do they just do a bit better and the community is hands down the best I've ever played with.

but yeah, to call this game Fantastic is like calling Twilight the Godfather of vampire movies....

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Welcome and glad you are enjoying it. I am also a long time player since closed beta and my previous long  term games were EQII, DAoC, SWG, and UO. In the short term I have played  darn near every western style MMORPG ever launched and still LoTRO is my all time favorite.

As others pointed out reading the quests and finding a good established kinship are the real keys to calling LoTRO a second home. Also I reccomend trying out sefveral classes. All are very different from each other and fun in their own way.

I miss DAoC