Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PW vs WoW

2»

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by Bioturn

Honestly, reading half of the replies on here bashing PW basically made me laugh right off of my seat. Honestly, people, you got no idea just what makes a good MMORPG these days. I'm thinking half of these people are those that think WOW was the very first MMORPG. Believe me, I've seen people who think that way. Makes me want to smack them 5 times right on the spot.
    Wow is a horrible MMORPG that is based off of a good strategy game. I mean, seriously, the game is only so popular because it's predessor strategy games, StarCraft and Warcraft, had so many followers around the world. Combined, over 17 million units were sold. It's no surprise some large amount of those players would decide to play the MMORPG built by people that gave them such great strategy games. And then, of course there is going to be little kids playing it because they think it's cool.
    But PW, it has fundamentals from some of the more superior MMORPG's, such as EverQuest and Dark Age of Camelot. It has story behind it's quests, an involved leveling system, challenging monsters (generally speaking), and a wide variety of weapons for use by everyone. It is true that everyone in the game actually helps you when you ask for help. And the guild system is quite concise. Not to mention the fact that they are constantly evolving the game, fixing minor bugs, and making sure the game is fun for every level.

I'm sorry but I didn't see any of that in PW....

The quests have better story than WoW?? I'm not a WoW fanboi, in fact I no longer have an active sub, but I remember plenty of story in the WoW quests, PW to me was an un-fun asian grinder with poor story/lore at best.

As for weapons and armor, I saw little variety in both design and attributes, whereas there was plenty of variety in WoW.

The one thing that PW does have over WoW is great character creation, but I lost that feeling of uniqueness quickly when, and I find this in most MMORPG"s, I was running around in the same outfits as everyone else and their grandmother.

• ssj4kefkassj4kefka Member Posts: 36

Really? Now I am Wondering Are we doing PW vs WoW? or PWI vs WoW?

Cause PW Really Does suck. But PWI Is AWSOME. The lore Is amazing.  Dragon quest? check it out. Armor is the same......LOW level. DUH your low level.

Wow is a good game. It filled in alot of Gaps that were missing from mmos before it came out.  But The game felt like a 15 dollar a month Babysitter. The graphics were good but the cartooness how do you people Deal with that day in and out?

PWI and WoW are comparable. Almost the exact same game Fundamentally. wow is cartoony with Beer and Pretzels game play. Damn you wow for 4th edition!!!! Easy to learn easy to level easy to everything.

Really nobody should be on here bashing eather game unless they have reached lvl 30 or higher on the 2 respected games. Cause really put em next to each other and PWI would come on top. As the same game with more options Higher lvl something to look forward to endgame. The ability to buy things with out it being illegal. Players auction.

Its free? GM's are almost always online. The devs care? The community is nice and helpfull. Chuck norris jokes got shunned from world chat. 1337 noobzors Fags I have not seen them yet. Theres Alot of High to low lvl seperation. The economy is fixed so it cant be jacked up. The graphics have a more realistic feel. Why would you want a cartoon to look more cartoony?

Wow is like MMO introduction. Really i prolly deep inside like PWI the same reasion the only P2P i would play is eq. The Game is actually difficult as a whole.

I am curiouse. If your leveling involves mostly Questing all the way to 66ish. that means your arguments of this being a korean grind is true for the last half. which involves going beyond epic level to level 101. good thing these mmos are not D&D grind. one month to gain one level.

• maxiaojunmaxiaojun Member Posts: 1

I don't understand how having more grind means the game is more challenging. It just means it takes more time...

• SiegeLordSiegeLord Member Posts: 16

About grind, i am going to copy/paste something i said in a previous poist and make some adds:

"Grind: comes into scene at lvl 60+, when if you do ALL your current lvl quests you cannot get more than 40% exp for the next lvl. However, there is a repeatable grind quest that gives you a celestial stone and reputation points based on your lvl. And THAT makes your grinding wayyyy easier and profitable, plus that grind is the main cash source in the game. PWI devs aren't stupid here.

Also, 60+ grind, yea, but after 60+ you get to go to Twilight Temple(TT), baby, which is a very hard team based quest in a special location, to kill some hard mobs and the TT bosses for high rewards. The exp gain from those quests is awesome.(period).

What, you still don't like it?

After 75+, you fet to go to Frostland, another special place that gets you even more rare materials and even more exp.

After lvl 60 or so, the characters are developed in such a manner that allows the set up of "zhen" teams: aoe grinding teams: one cleric heals and protects with "bubble", an archer or wizard cast aoe skills in one stationary place, and one barbarian or blademaster lures pack of mobs into that place to get them killed. Ta-da: fast exp. The cost: a charm worth 400k coin, which can be raised in like 3 hours of normal grind or if you zhen properly, the team can almost get back the cost of their charms from the mobs they just killed in the process.

Also, you can participate in other people's FB's, which gives you great exp and reputation.

So yes, grind in this game IS present but you have formidable weapons against it. Don't be lazy, use them. Other games give you squat."

Also, you get to do a quest called "Crazy Stone" every day from lvl 30 to 80 or soemthing, which gives you  xp from 8% to 20%, depending on lvl and CS stage.

Also you get a daily quest after lvl 70 in which you have to travel through the world and get to know the map better + you get a good amount of xp too, comparable to the CS quest i just mentioned.

Also, there are rebirth dungeons, aka rebirth alpha-gamma, where you will get good exp and also some items you cannot get anywhere else. These quests go from lvl 35 i think up to engame.

Also there are items in game that simply give you xp, like scarlet fruits, which can be bought in auction or found at some mobs. You have an excess of cash and need xp?... get some scarlet fruits.

So... like i said... FORMIDABLE weapons against grind. :) therefor, the term : "Korean f2p grindfest" is obsolete.

WoW? Is a legendary game, but all legends are in the past, somehow:). Get it? With PWI, AION, and some other games coming into scene, WoW(Blizzard) will have to make a WoW2 or something else, a new thing, to catch the new generations of players.

So yes, you CAN compare them but they are two very different things, products of 2 generations:

WoW is the golden product of the past generation and PWI is a brand new product of the present generation. Who knows what will be the golden product of this generation? AION? Another game not even in development yet? We'll see.

e5200 oc@ 3,7GHz - plays any game. If you need a quad core, you must be a solitaire junkie.