Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tabula Rasa: TR Now Free to Play

2»

Comments

• TwwIXTwwIX Member Posts: 203

They should have invested more time and money into Auto Assault instead of this piece of shit. That game had promise. This was bound to fail once it went into beta. NcSoft will be soon going out of business if they continue with this trend.

• shade273shade273 Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by TwwIX

They should have invested more time and money into Auto Assault instead of this piece of shit. That game had promise. This was bound to fail once it went into beta. NcSoft will be soon going out of business if they continue with this trend.

I'm sorry but I think TR was good (and for everyones information-yes I played it for more than a month).  Even better-it's f2p (for now).  So stop your whining and hate/flame posts (directed at everyone) about the game and just play.  It's a game for crying out loud...

• CymricCymric Member UncommonPosts: 6

I brought a subscription and tried out TR when I heard that the game is closing ~1 month ago. To my surprise, I found that I like this shooter mmo style a lot as I had never liked single player shooter games,  or any "twitch" game in general. I didn't think "twitch" + mmo will mix well and will never have tried this game if not for the fact that it is closing.

A few things that I like:

- The world feel alive with constant conflicts

- Control point battles are alot of fun

- Customizing weapon and armor with specific modules to fit my play style

- The instances are soloable which is a good thing as there are not many players to group with

- Battles are tatical, by making use of terrian and friendly npcs, certain encounters can be easily dealt with

A few things that I don't like

- Core mechanics of various class are not too different (guns + shoot), especially at lower tiers. This make leveling alts tedious.

- Crafting not very useful aside from customizing weapons and armors

- Not as much quest as I like. Even on my first char, I will occasionally run out of quest and have to move on to a more difficult area before I am ready

- Appearance not customizable, unlike LOTRO, you cannot customize your look easily (need to use 2 clone credits if you want to change appearance but retain your name) and cannot wear fluff items for look

I have 1 lv 30 Engineer and various lv 20+ chars and the game had been well worth my money. Too bad its closing in a few months time. Hopefully I can finish most of the content by then.

• Fizz_NelsonFizz_Nelson Member Posts: 15

I guess they realised this game failed horriably

• AssasinSnip3AssasinSnip3 Member Posts: 10

TR was fun at the begining, but then in the higher levels it got boring

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Well I rekon thats the right price. I thught it was great when I started but scratch away the veneer and nothing worth staying for. Similar to AoC in that regard.

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

Yep game is free !!!!

Now that it is free it is a very fun game. The people in the game are all very cool and help full.

• ShiinekoShiineko Member Posts: 161

Another dead NC title.

R.I.P with Auto Assault. (Damn, I miss that game, even if it was so imbalanced)

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

The dead end date is in January, correct?

I am thinking I might load TR up again and go down with the ship...

Why the hell not...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by Slampig

The dead end date is in January, correct?

I am thinking I might load TR up again and go down with the ship...

Why the hell not...

50 percent + of the questions in this thread would have been answered by reading the ORIGINAL POST! Novel concept, I know. It says "READ HERE" with a link under the main post. As it says in the very first post: it ends February 28, 2009.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• baby888baby888 Member Posts: 3

there are a number of online games set free.However, i should say that most of them are just free at the beginning.That's to say,if you want to get your own character more attractive and your weapons more strong,you'll have to pay for it.