Yes, I was banned

12346

Comments

  • Miles-ProwerMiles-Prower Carousel Boutique, KYMember Posts: 1,106
    Originally posted by DJXeon


    The original community manager Aegir thought you were cross-teaming by having multi-accounts on the same ip.
    He was wrong but thats how he truly saw it at the time, strange he left FLS shortly after !
    The rules have since changed to allow it & FLS have introduced national faction so that the players themselves can tag so called traitors.
    This has all been a storm in a tea cup & it was unfortunate that Linna got caught up in it.
    Put it down to FLS's inexperience, we would all welcome you & your hubby back now that the new rules have made everything clear.
    The whole episode has been one big mis-understanding, time to let it go imo.
     
     



    Thanks. That summarized it up pretty good. I appreciate you taking the effort to do that.



    ~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!

    imageimageimage
    image
    Come Join us at www.globalequestria.com - Meet other fans of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!
  • NightCloakNightCloak Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by Miles-Prower


    I read this entire post and I still can't seem to understand what is going on. There's a lot of unecessary backstory about your characters, some information about France and Spain, something about a duel, and then you getting banned.


    Seems you could've shortened it a bit and saved some more time.


    That being said, it seems your ship has sailed.. Yeah.. I went there.





    ~Miles "Tails" Prower out! Catch me if you can!




     

    I read the whole post as well. I understand what happened since I played the game through the change from the cross-realming being nothing, it spiraled into a an issue and then it was allowed again.

    Linna could've saved herself much confusion if she would've seen she herself said why she was banned. She was reported and someone banned her based on the exploit that was commonly abused by cross-realmers at that time. What she was told doesn't matter.

    There will also likely never be an apology unfortunately.

    It really sounds like she got the short end of the stick.

  • DJXeonDJXeon BostonMember UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by NightCloak 
    It really sounds like she got the short end of the stick.

     

    Yep she did along with her hubby, the truth is that FLS have sorted it now with the new rules & multi-accounts are allowed for legitimate purposes.

    wrong place @ the wrong time .. it happens.

  • eut256eut256 lincolnMember Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Linna

    Originally posted by eut256


    Nice explanation i'm downloading it now so ill give it a shot, i dont mind the occasional grind as ive never really been in to full on questing games i find them more irritating then anything.
    The whole pvp sounds fun but ive got a feeling after a while of getting ganked it might become annoying, hmm Ranger or gladiator, reading about them now ...can't decide though.

     

    Go ranger. They're a bit rough at the start - mostly melee for the first 16 or so levels - but they are totally amazing at later levels.

    =)

    Linna



     

    Got up to level 6 having fun so far as a scout, i'm on an eu english server where i could only pick asmodian as elyos are dominating what suits me as i hate being on the easy side, can't wait to get higher for some pvp.. just taking it easy and not trying to powerlevel it up.

    sorry for slightly changing the subject of this thread!

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387
    Originally posted by eut256

    Originally posted by Linna

    Originally posted by eut256


    Nice explanation i'm downloading it now so ill give it a shot, i dont mind the occasional grind as ive never really been in to full on questing games i find them more irritating then anything.
    The whole pvp sounds fun but ive got a feeling after a while of getting ganked it might become annoying, hmm Ranger or gladiator, reading about them now ...can't decide though.

     

    Go ranger. They're a bit rough at the start - mostly melee for the first 16 or so levels - but they are totally amazing at later levels.

    =)

    Linna



     

    Got up to level 6 having fun so far as a scout, i'm on an eu english server where i could only pick asmodian as elyos are dominating what suits me as i hate being on the easy side, can't wait to get higher for some pvp.. just taking it easy and not trying to powerlevel it up.

    sorry for slightly changing the subject of this thread!

    No worries about the subject change, I vaguely recall doing so as well *cough cough*. Since you're a scout: dagger in main hand, sword in off hand. As a ranger, you should give priority to sword/dagger till you have some more bow attacks (level 19 or so). As a sin (assassin) you should also get a bow, for pulling and pvp, but it's way less important.

    Linna

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387
    Originally posted by DJXeon


    The original community manager Aether thought you were cross-teaming by having multi-accounts on the same ip.
    He was wrong but thats how he truly saw it at the time, strange he left FLS shortly after !
    The rules have since changed to allow it & FLS have introduced national faction so that the players themselves can tag so called traitors.
    This has all been a storm in a tea cup & it was unfortunate that Linna got caught up in it.
    Put it down to FLS's inexperience, we would all welcome you & your hubby back now that the new rules have made everything clear.
    The whole episode has been one big mis-understanding, time to let it go imo.
    edited for name change.
     
     

     

    Meh, that same community manager indicated in the very 'you're in violation' mail that he had grandfathered in my accounts, meaning that the old rules applied to my toons. In other words: I was not doing anything that was forbidden, even in HIS books, by actually playing the accounts. Initially the accusation was 'you're farming your Spanish account with your French account'. Which was easily disproved. So I very much don't understand what the hell he was thinking.

    Inexperience can never be an excuse for things like this whole affair, especially since I was just the most 'prominent' player caught between the wheels. I can assure you I was not the only one by a long shot. Many chose to either transfer or cancel, others panicked and deleted their toons (even max level ones) to reroll to the nation others in their family were playing. And many others just went into hiding.  If you're in a business that is essentially about customer service, you cannot afford treating your customers like that.

    Ironically, I remember suggesting (I think it was in closed beta even) that they should hire a sociologist with experience in MMO studies and a trained economist (preferably one from the EVE team) because they were implementing/not implementing some things in the game that would go counter to the way people and economies work. I wonder how different the game would look if they had back then.

    Linna

  • DJXeonDJXeon BostonMember UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by Linna


     
    Meh, that same community manager indicated in the very 'you're in violation' mail that he had grandfathered in my accounts, meaning that the old rules applied to my toons. In other words: I was not doing anything that was forbidden, even in HIS books, by actually playing the accounts. Initially the accusation was 'you're farming your Spanish account with your French account'. Which was easily disproved. So I very much don't understand what the hell he was thinking.
    Inexperience can never be an excuse for things like this whole affair, especially since I was just the most 'prominent' player caught between the wheels. I can assure you I was not the only one by a long shot. Many chose to either transfer or cancel, others panicked and deleted their toons (even max level ones) to reroll to the nation others in their family were playing. And many others just went into hiding.  If you're in a business that is essentially about customer service, you cannot afford treating your customers like that.
    Ironically, I remember suggesting (I think it was in closed beta even) that they should hire a sociologist with experience in MMO studies and a trained economist (preferably one from the EVE team) because they were implementing/not implementing some things in the game that would go counter to the way people and economies work. I wonder how different the game would look if they had back then.
    Linna



     

    Inexperience was not an excuse but it undoubtedly had something to do with it, there are times when FLS themselves did not realise what they had created so didn't know what to do to resolve things. So its pointless expecting them to apologise for something that they didn't do intentionally, you mysteriously got caught up in this affair & the reason will now never be known.

    This thread is well over a year old, whilst I can understand you still may feel a little bitter FLS have new rules & your accounts are no longer banned. The new community manager has offered to give any personal assistance.

    yes I agree things could have been quite different & that FLS has not helped themselves with some of their unexplained actions, personally I put it down to growing pains that many new mmorpg's experience.

    Continuing to QQ or find out what went wrong is a waste of time,  nevertheless I do hope you will find some kind of closure of this matter for you both.

    Sometimes its not helping anyone to wonder "why" when you will never get a proper explanation or satisfactory answer, what is important here is that FLS have learned by any mistakes like this & action to correct the confused rules done.

    The game is fun & whilst this may still be a personal matter for you it does nobody any favors to be bitter & twisted after all this time.

    Find your peace in life & have fun. :) If you cannot for reasons beyond your control then you have my sincere sympathy.

    Forgive me if you feel I have mis-understood.

    btw the Brits on Roberts could lend a hand, why not put your obvious skills & knowledge into something more constructive?

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387
    Originally posted by DJXeon

    Originally posted by Linna


     
    Meh, that same community manager indicated in the very 'you're in violation' mail that he had grandfathered in my accounts, meaning that the old rules applied to my toons. In other words: I was not doing anything that was forbidden, even in HIS books, by actually playing the accounts. Initially the accusation was 'you're farming your Spanish account with your French account'. Which was easily disproved. So I very much don't understand what the hell he was thinking.
    Inexperience can never be an excuse for things like this whole affair, especially since I was just the most 'prominent' player caught between the wheels. I can assure you I was not the only one by a long shot. Many chose to either transfer or cancel, others panicked and deleted their toons (even max level ones) to reroll to the nation others in their family were playing. And many others just went into hiding.  If you're in a business that is essentially about customer service, you cannot afford treating your customers like that.
    Ironically, I remember suggesting (I think it was in closed beta even) that they should hire a sociologist with experience in MMO studies and a trained economist (preferably one from the EVE team) because they were implementing/not implementing some things in the game that would go counter to the way people and economies work. I wonder how different the game would look if they had back then.
    Linna



     

    Inexperience was not an excuse but it undoubtedly had something to do with it, there are times when FLS themselves did not realise what they had created so didn't know what to do to resolve things. So its pointless expecting them to apologise for something that they didn't do intentionally, you mysteriously got caught up in this affair & the reason will now never be known.

    This thread is well over a year old, whilst I can understand you still may feel a little bitter FLS have new rules & your accounts are no longer banned. The new community manager has offered to give any personal assistance.

    yes I agree things could have been quite different & that FLS has not helped themselves with some of their unexplained actions, personally I put it down to growing pains that many new mmorpg's experience.

    Continuing to QQ or find out what went wrong is a waste of time,  nevertheless I do hope you will find some kind of closure of this matter for you both.

    Sometimes its not helping anyone to wonder "why" when you will never get a proper explanation or satisfactory answer, what is important here is that FLS have learned by any mistakes like this & action to correct the confused rules done.

    The game is fun & whilst this may still be a personal matter for you it does nobody any favors to be bitter & twisted after all this time.

    Find your peace in life & have fun. :) If you cannot for reasons beyond your control then you have my sincere sympathy.

    Forgive me if you feel I have mis-understood.

    btw the Brits on Roberts could lend a hand, why not put your obvious skills & knowledge into something more constructive?

     

    Hah, but that's just it. I don't know if I'm really unbanned or if they just temporarily lost the files. I never got any notification whatsoever, so as far as that's concerned, I'm in limbo.

    As far as this thread is concerned: it still serves a purpose I think. The company did a 180 on an important policy twice now. This is something people should keep in mind. Have FLS learned? Only time will tell. But like the whole CU/NGE fiasco in Star Wars Galaxies, it's not something that should be forgotten.

    Other than that, I'm a realist, I don't really expect anything, although some answers would be nice. But while I still have some nostalgic feelings about POTBS ship combat, I moved to other games long ago. For now, Star Trek Online is out, Terra and Starcraft Online are in beta and there is SW:TOR to look forward to (even though it's overhyped).

    Linna

  • DJXeonDJXeon BostonMember UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by Linna


     
    Hah, but that's just it. I don't know if I'm really unbanned or if they just temporarily lost the files. I never got any notification whatsoever, so as far as that's concerned, I'm in limbo.
    As far as this thread is concerned: it still serves a purpose I think. The company did a 180 on an important policy twice now. This is something people should keep in mind. Have FLS learned? Only time will tell. But like the whole CU/NGE fiasco in Star Wars Galaxies, it's not something that should be forgotten.
    Other than that, I'm a realist, I don't really expect anything, although some answers would be nice. But while I still have some nostalgic feelings about POTBS ship combat, I moved to other games long ago. For now, Star Trek Online is out, Terra and Starcraft Online are in beta and there is SW:TOR to look forward to (even though it's overhyped).
    Linna



     

    Take it from me you are unbanned, forget official opolgies because as you say they are not likely to be forthcoming..

    In my opinion hanging out your old Potbs washing for over a year on mmorpg.coms forums serves no purpose at all.

    Maybe not forgotten for you but I'm sure FLS & others would like to, apart from the satisfaction of seeing FLS grovel at your feet there is no mileage left in this thread.

    Best of luck with your other games :)

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387
    Originally posted by DJXeon

    Originally posted by Linna


     
    Hah, but that's just it. I don't know if I'm really unbanned or if they just temporarily lost the files. I never got any notification whatsoever, so as far as that's concerned, I'm in limbo.
    As far as this thread is concerned: it still serves a purpose I think. The company did a 180 on an important policy twice now. This is something people should keep in mind. Have FLS learned? Only time will tell. But like the whole CU/NGE fiasco in Star Wars Galaxies, it's not something that should be forgotten.
    Other than that, I'm a realist, I don't really expect anything, although some answers would be nice. But while I still have some nostalgic feelings about POTBS ship combat, I moved to other games long ago. For now, Star Trek Online is out, Terra and Starcraft Online are in beta and there is SW:TOR to look forward to (even though it's overhyped).
    Linna



     

    Take it from me you are unbanned, forget official opolgies because as you say they are not likely to be forthcoming..

    In my opinion hanging out your old Potbs washing for over a year on mmorpg.coms forums serves no purpose at all.

    Maybe not forgotten for you but I'm sure FLS & others would like to, apart from the satisfaction of seeing FLS grovel at your feet there is no mileage left in this thread.

    Best of luck with your other games :)

     

    Well, if you'll read back, you'll notice that I wasn't the one who originally hung out the dirty laundry, it was Havojeh (SP?) who tried to invalidate my opinions in another thread by pointing out I was banned. This thread followed in self defense, but I'm content to let it stand for what it is and has grown into.  Mistakes and outright blunders should not just be swept under the rug and forgotten about. And frankly, neither FLS nor die-hard fans have any reason for complaints, if I were obsessed or out for blood, this would be repeated on every MMO fan site out there.

    As to the 'take it from me'.... you'll pardon me if I won't. You are to the best of my knowledge not an FLS employee, and even if you should have access to inside information, that is still nothing more than hearsay.

    All they ever had to do was send a customer support mail to me (and all the others who were banned for this) saying 'Based our our recent policy changes, your account status has been reviewed and cleared, you are no longer banned'. Which should be quite simple, really: filter the database, mass mail all users affected, presto. If they can blanket unban, then this should be a piece of cake.  What happened in reality? Not a clue. Maybe they unbanned all accounts, banned for ANY reason, either on purpose or by accident. Either way, the lack of notification is a major customer support fail (although this should not surprise anyone who plays MMOs. Customer Support failures seem to be endemic.)

    /shrug

    Linna

  • DJXeonDJXeon BostonMember UncommonPosts: 553
    Originally posted by Linna


     
    Well, if you'll read back, you'll notice that I wasn't the one who originally hung out the dirty laundry, it was Havojeh (SP?) who tried to invalidate my opinions in another thread by pointing out I was banned. Linna



     

    He was more trouble than he was worth, as to how he got into community spotlight was beyond me.


  • Originally posted by DJXeon


     
    He was more trouble than he was worth, as to how he got into community spotlight was beyond me.

    Good writing and quality posting, mainly.  I see you're not angry at FLS about that temp forum ban you bought yourself at the PotBS board last year; good for you!  :)

     


    Originally posted by Linna
    Well, if you'll read back, you'll notice that I wasn't the one who originally hung out the dirty laundry, it was Havojeh (SP?) who tried to invalidate my opinions in another thread by pointing out I was banned.


    Linna

    Negative.  To clarify, I didn't point out your ban to 'invalidate your opinions' in the other thread; I pointed it out because you were very adamant about having no reason at all to have any sort of grudge against FLS or their game and I stumbled upon the fact that you in fact had a huge reason to carry a grudge - a grudge that you subsequently verified.  I pointed out your ban to illuminate the bias you were swearing up and down that you didn't have.  Your opinions, just like everyone else's, are always valid.  They're opinions.  Opinions are by definition subjective, they can't be invalidated.  Just agreed with or disagreed with.

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387

    Originally posted by Havohej



    Originally posted by DJXeon


     
    He was more trouble than he was worth, as to how he got into community spotlight was beyond me.

    Good writing and quality posting, mainly.  I see you're not angry at FLS about that temp forum ban you bought yourself at the PotBS board last year; good for you!  :)

     


    Originally posted by Linna
    Well, if you'll read back, you'll notice that I wasn't the one who originally hung out the dirty laundry, it was Havojeh (SP?) who tried to invalidate my opinions in another thread by pointing out I was banned.


    Linna

    Negative.  To clarify, I didn't point out your ban to 'invalidate your opinions' in the other thread; I pointed it out because you were very adamant about having no reason at all to have any sort of grudge against FLS or their game and I stumbled upon the fact that you in fact had a huge reason to carry a grudge - a grudge that you subsequently verified.  I pointed out your ban to illuminate the bias you were swearing up and down that you didn't have.  Your opinions, just like everyone else's, are always valid.  They're opinions.  Opinions are by definition subjective, they can't be invalidated.  Just agreed with or disagreed with.

    Revisionist history ftw.

     

    Linna

  • AkumaDaimyoAkumaDaimyo Roseville, CAMember Posts: 185

    You were banned cause they found out you were a ninja weren't you?

  • sylacussylacus College Station, TXMember Posts: 17

    That sucks man.

    I tried PoTBS it just kinda tired me out.

    Just created a new account. My post thread is low :(


  • Originally posted by Linna
    Revisionist history ftw.
    Linna

    Nothing revisionist about it; go read it again, it's only a few pages deep.  vOv

  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,735

    From our long, long correspondence, I cannot believe that FLS didn't realise that I would continue to play the French account alongside the Spanish one.

    You said that one account would belong to your husband and one to you.  The implication is that you would each play them seperately, not that you would play them both at the same time in a battle, which you admit you did.  You are assuming I guess that they would assume you would play both at the same time, but I'm absolutely positive that wasn't mentioned in your correspondence.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

    Well written complaint post, but I can really see both sides of the issue. 

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387

    Originally posted by holdenhamlet


    From our long, long correspondence, I cannot believe that FLS didn't realise that I would continue to play the French account alongside the Spanish one.
    You said that one account would belong to your husband and one to you.  The implication is that you would each play them seperately, not that you would play them both at the same time in a battle, which you admit you did.  You are assuming I guess that they would assume you would play both at the same time, but I'm absolutely positive that wasn't mentioned in your correspondence.  Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well written complaint post, but I can really see both sides of the issue. 

    Without giving access to the full correspondence, this is harder to explain, but trust me, I made it VERY clear that it was completely unacceptable to me to be told I could not personally play the accounts that I had paid for based on their initial EULA and that I levelled, and that I would cancel and find another game rather than see myself denied their use.

    FLS implied in numerous posts that OWNERSHIP of the accounts was the issue. When asked directly about situations where different members of a household owned different nationality accounts, they stated that actions that were illegal if one person owned two nationalities (like trading goods between accounts) were considered perfectly  legal if two persons owned those accounts. Basically, as long as the action itself was not bannable, e.g. a brother and sister owning different nationality accounts could go ahead. Many of us called them out on the complete illogic of this, but nevertheless they persisted. And so,  in a last ditch attempt to straighten out the mess, I suggested my husband and I switch ownership. And they approved.

    Linna

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387

    Originally posted by Havohej



    Originally posted by Linna
    Revisionist history ftw.
    Linna

    Nothing revisionist about it; go read it again, it's only a few pages deep.  vOv

    No, Havojeh, you were posting predominantly very positive stuff about the game, and I and others pointed out some big negatives (while not denying positives, like the ship combat itself). You also chose to see insult where none was intended, and got very heated. And then you made this oh-so-innocent post in which you asked 'but aren't you banned'. I'm sorry, but that very much sounded like the classical politician's way to disqualify someone you disagree with from even speaking.

    Long story short: Anyone who takes the trouble of actually reading the rest of my posting history, will soon see that the concerns I and others expressed LONG predated my ban and that the stuff after my ban was simply part of that ongoing discussion.

    /shrug

    Linna

     

  • You were adamantly lying to misrepresent yourself as having absolutely no negative bias or grudge but just an objective opinion about how "omg this game and FLS sucks so bad!" while dogpiling the game and anyone who had anything remotely nice to say about it with three of four others on a forum which very, very few of its active users are actually aware of.  I exposed that lie.  After which, you could still opine how the game is so terrible, but folks could understand better where you're coming from with all of your venom in particular.

    It's really that simple.

    By the way, FLS: You still need to advertise more ;)

  • LinnaLinna NijmegenMember Posts: 387

    Originally posted by Havohej


    You were adamantly lying to misrepresent yourself as having absolutely no negative bias or grudge but just an objective opinion about how "omg this game and FLS sucks so bad!" while dogpiling the game and anyone who had anything remotely nice to say about it with three of four others on a forum which very, very few of its active users are actually aware of.  I exposed that lie.  After which, you could still opine how the game is so terrible, but folks could understand better where you're coming from with all of your venom in particular.
    It's really that simple.
    By the way, FLS: You still need to advertise more ;)

    The only thing you're (still) exposing, is that you're not above some character assassination if it suits your ends. Let people read the actual posts and make up their own minds.

    Linna

  • I understand your ill feelings, but you're not as put upon as you like to make out.

  • DJXeonDJXeon BostonMember UncommonPosts: 553

    Wow I just got banned!

    You have been banned for the following reason:

    Giving unauthorised access to unreleased information.

    Date the ban will be lifted: Never

     

    It was already released in their knowledge base & Misha said a couple of days earlier she had done them.

    How was I to know it was confidential LOL

    Looks like FLS love to blame customers for their own mistakes.


  • WildvixennWildvixenn edmonton, ABMember Posts: 23

    this thread is 2 years old and people are still replying to it. hmmm

    image

  • DJXeonDJXeon BostonMember UncommonPosts: 553

    Probably because FLS are still banning players for mistakes they make.

Sign In or Register to comment.