Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some advice about options

GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

Hi, this is my thrid time trying out EVE. The first two days are always a good time, then I get bored. I have a rifter fitted out pretty nicely. I followed a guide for pvp, and set it up for passive tanking. I have like 1000 armor, and 3 125mm a rocket launcher, and some other stuff.

So, I'm bored of missions. I have 2 million ISK saved, and I have no desire to do more missions. Would someone be willing to point me in the right direction? I don't even know what I want to be doing. I'm looking for interaction between other players. Be it hunting other people, or helping them with missions, or protecting them from pirates. 

I guess I just don't want to venture out(where am I suppose to go?) on my own, and get blasted to smithereens cause I'm a 3 day old newb. Any suggestions?

Comments

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449
    Originally posted by Golelorn

Hi, this is my thrid time trying out EVE. The first two days are always a good time, then I get bored. I have a rifter fitted out pretty nicely. I followed a guide for pvp, and set it up for passive tanking. I have like 1000 armor, and 3 125mm a rocket launcher, and some other stuff.
    So, I'm bored of missions. I have 2 million ISK saved, and I have no desire to do more missions. Would someone be willing to point me in the right direction? I don't even know what I want to be doing. I'm looking for interaction between other players. Be it hunting other people, or helping them with missions, or protecting them from pirates. 
    I guess I just don't want to venture out(where am I suppose to go?) on my own, and get blasted to smithereens cause I'm a 3 day old newb. Any suggestions?

http://www.eve-ivy.com/

join eve university.

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

Yep, you need a corp OP, and EVE U is a great place to start.

There are alternatives to mission running, though for new players its a good place to start.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ShohadakuShohadaku Member Posts: 581
    Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by Golelorn

http://www.eve-ivy.com/

join eve university.

Getting into a player corp in general is what you want to do. EVE University is a great place to start.

Here is a link to the alliance panal at eves last fanfest. A trainer for EVE U explains a bit.

• damian7damian7 Member Posts: 4,449

with as much as i advertise eve university, i really should join them.

then at least i'd feel like i were supporting my own corp and stuff!

could we please get correspondent writers and moderators, on the eve forum at mmorpg.com, who are well-versed on eve-online and aren't just passersby pushing buttons? pretty please?

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

OK. Sounds like a plan. Let me ask one more thing. I was looking into trying to get to a secluded 0.0 spot. Its seems very time consuming, and frigates don't exactly carry a lot of gear. Is it worth going to a 0.0 spot if its 20 jumps away with a very limited cargo space? Can you sell the stuff you get in 0.0? How dangerous are the high traffic 0.0 areas to get through? Will I just be shot down at the gate?

• qazymanqazyman Member Posts: 1,785

You need to join a Corp that is in an Alliance. The Alliance will have access to a region of 0.0. Don't try it any other way. You really need to do some research as to what your interest are. Fleet combat, piracy, small gang warfare, industry, and find a corp that specializes in that area. Also, you want them to have some players in your skill point range and from your time zone. Do your research first then talk to the corp that best fits your needs. EvE solo is pretty boring.

• XennithXennith Member Posts: 1,244

a rifter isnt going to cut it in 0.0.

eve university is a great place to start, wish i had joined them really.