Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Forum Suggestions?

Comments

• fiona03fiona03 Member Posts: 3

could the profile update more quickly

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

Originally posted by Enigma

(...)But many of them are just too lazy these days to explain why they deleted a post or locked a thread.(...)
    Well with Taera we where/are not allowed to discuss moderation in public, if a thread or post was wrongfully deleted it would be handled by contacting Taera. Kunou might change that.

Post deleted stamp: the problem IMHO it was too big.

Alt-account(s): I got nothing, I don't have an alt account nor get involved in political threads.(But if a mod misbehaves he wont be around for long).

Yeah but you cant say that about the users of the forums.

I know there are several SWG "vets" that continue to make new accounts cause they have been perma banned. I think Wildcat has had several accounts perma-banned now alone.

Then all they do is stir chit, that is until someone says something back...then usually they are the first to report threads. The person replying takes a ban, while thie chit stirrer(the one that shouldnt even be here) gets away with it. If they dont go the thread route, then they go the discount the post route. It isnt about the content...just that you work for SOE or whatever the claim is they wanna use.

I have made a number of posts arguing this the past few years. Get tired of it, then take a vacation from these brds for a while again.

It is a shame...if this place was run a bit more like FoH(folks have to follow rules, else they get run off boards for good) this place could be the kicking hub for all games like the name MMORPG.com implies.

Instead this site harbors the sandbox crowd it seems, and God be with ya if you dont wanna discuss that topic every hour of every day.

Anything less than total devotion to the PRECioUs gets ya labeled as having ADD, SOE shill. fanboi, SOE employee, or several others by a grp of posters around here.

Which is just plain BS.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

The only complaints I have about MMORPG.com is their moderation.   Why was the thread about legalization of marijuana deleted in the off-topic thread?   We were discussing it.   It should not have been deleted.    Moderation on these forums need to be a little less biased.   Some guy with only two post in the forums can complain because they don't like the topic or the debate isn't going their way and they can have it deleted merely by complaining.   That is just stupid.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

RoC is over here, for specific issues try contacting CM at [email protected]

Also, there is no rule that says to ignore users because of registration date or post count (nor to give benefits to users with older registration date or lots of posts).

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Originally posted by JelloB2000

RoC is over here, for specific issues try contacting CM at [email protected]
    Also, there is no rule that says to ignore users because of registration date or post count (nor to give benefits to users with older registration date or lots of posts).

okiiiess... 

• ScalebaneScalebane Member UncommonPosts: 1,883

Not sure what can be done about it but the trolling on these forums has gone overboard, i don't mind a lil bit of it but its like insane now..otherwise i don't have any issues with the forums. 

"The great thing about human language is that it prevents us from sticking to the matter at hand."
    - Lewis Thomas

• Midnight-ShadowMidnight-Shadow World of Warcraft CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 88

this may already have been said (I honestly can't be bothered to read through 4 pages of an outdated thread) but after reading and posting on the wow forums, I'm asking myself, where are the mods, I mean the amount of flaming is amazing, and 95% of the threads in there don't actually talk about wow gameplay, they just compare wow (good or bad) to other things. among the latest have been mcDonalds, burgerking, britney spears and hitler. so I ask again, WHERE ARE THE MODS??? if you don't want to supervise the stuff that goes on in the wow forums here, then close them. but the state they are in now is totally unacceptable.

• RelnReln Member Posts: 9

Some of my suggestions is that for every section,like THE PUB AT MMORPG.COM or OFF-TOPIC DISCUSSION and such,for when it saids Last Post can it contain the name of the thread that was last posted ? And also due to the poor moderation and how bad mods behave,can we please keep things PG-13 and not talk about stuff like "Marijuana" and "Raping" and such.I think mods get to crazy and abuse their power and get pissed off and do things without thinking.

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619

I just noticed lately that mmorpg logs you out automatically now.  When did that start and how long do have to be inactive for it to log you out?

Just curious, because I kinda keep it open all day at work and post/reply in the forums when I get a break. Would be nice if it let you stay in.

Anyone else notice that?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by outfctrl

I just noticed lately that mmorpg logs you out automatically now.  When did that start and how long do have to be inactive for it to log you out?
    Just curious, because I kinda keep it open all day at work and post/reply in the forums when I get a break. Would be nice if it let you stay in.
    Anyone else notice that?

Do you have Auto Login check marked on the

Your Profile

page? That is what keeps you logged in to the site. If it isn't checked you will be logged out after whatever time they have set.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by grunty

Originally posted by outfctrl

Anyone else notice that?

Do you have Auto Login check marked on the

Your Profile

page? That is what keeps you logged in to the site. If it isn't checked you will be logged out after whatever time they have set.

I have never had that checked before.  This logging out thing just started happening.  I did check it now.  Let's see what happens.  Thanks

• SecurionSecurion Member Posts: 206

Im a forum moderator for one of the worlds largest online forums, so I was kinda surprised when I noticed I was getting warnings on an almost random occasion on this site.
    Even posts like

Another expansion you fools have to pay for? LOL. Keep giving them your money. All expansions for EVE are FREE btw...
    could render a warning.
    ... not the best post ive made, hihi, but a warning for something that clearly adding my opinion about the subject and not using any language offensive to anyone outside of the catholic church... comon...? Where's the logic here?

This wouldn't be a problem unless these warning actually came once or twice a week and for almost no reason what so ever.

Im 36 years old and ive been using internet forums since the first days of the internets. I cant understand why the moderation level must be stricter here on a MMO gaming site than most forums around the world that covers topics such as parenting, low carb/high fat-diets, music and movies, etc?

My suggestion is to stop harassing users that clearly don't do anything seriously offensive. (everything is offensive to someone you know. stop being retards about it.)

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

I have an idea i would love to see implemented.I think certain words should be filtered right out of any posts.

Examples would be noob,troll,hater,i think you get the picture.

The constant use of these words[lately] has made pretty much every topic annoying to read/follow/discuss.As soon as someone says something perhaps negative about a game,the follow up posts are full of noob/hate/troll it really is immature posting.I think the filtering of certain words will help make the posts more constructive than insulting.

More important is that we do NOT need the use of these words in any posts what so ever, so it can't do anything but good.I am sure we could come up with many other words to be filtered out.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by Zayne3145

On the whole I'm happy with the moderation around here, with the exception of being left a bit bemused behind the reasons that threads are locked. Sometimes it's pretty obvious that they've descended into a flamefest but it wouldn't hurt to have a quick response from a mod as to why it's being locked before they do so. This might give people who aren't aware of the rules a better indication of what isn't acceptable.
    One other thing is the issue of duplicate threads. Do we really need 5+ threads about the release date of Darkfall? Conversations and discussions get fragmented when they're spread over many threads and a lot of people would probably prefer a centralised discussions about specific issues. Some other forums I've been to lock and redirect or merge to keep things flowing.
    Just my 2 cents.

I think that sort of problem stems from the moderator who did the locking.I realize people are only human,but in these cases i believe the moderator is taking a PERSONAL offense.

I can give the perfect example to back up why i say this....I witnessed a warning issued to all of MMORPG users and locks on Warhammer threads not soon after the launch,because one or more moderators deemed it was creating a problem on MMORPG.Ok that makes sense,i can buy that ,except one VERY large double standard here.How about 2 years of constant flame posts towards SWG,i mean i am sure 90% of the MMORPG users have seen them,so to moderate Warhammer posts so soon after ,and yet allow the SWG posts to go on for years ,shows a PERSONAL biased and a double standard.

So if the site is to make rules,they need to be enforced fairly and equally,not personally.I once again realize this is hard,because it is always one persons view over another as to what is right and wrong,so to fix that solution,you need ONE person to make those choices and that one person needs to be your best person to trust,that is not the type of person to show a bias towards one game or another.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• SecurionSecurion Member Posts: 206
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I have an idea i would love to see implemented.I think certain words should be filtered right out of any posts.
    Examples would be noob,troll,hater,i think you get the picture.
    The constant use of these words[lately] has made pretty much every topic annoying to read/follow/discuss.As soon as someone says something perhaps negative about a game,the follow up posts are full of noob/hate/troll it really is immature posting.I think the filtering of certain words will help make the posts more constructive than insulting.
    More important is that we do NOT need the use of these words in any posts what so ever, so it can't do anything but good.I am sure we could come up with many other words to be filtered out.

Are you serious? That would be like living in the soviet union in the 1960s, or even worse... Who decides what words should be banned? You or Hitler?

• taolurkertaolurker Member UncommonPosts: 16

I posted a dedicated thread in the Help Desk forum, Forum Jump and I was thinking of moving or copying that thread to this forum, but it was after all a cry for help.

The suggestion however is valid.

Why no forum jump at the bottom of threads?

Originally posted by taolurker

• BekrahBekrah Member UncommonPosts: 16

I use Tapatalk on my phone for accessing a few other forums and it is a fantastic app. From my experience, it's a easy add-on for the SMF forum software. The app is available for Nokia, Android, Blackberry, and iPhone. 

Tapatalk makes it 10x easier to view and post to forums from a hand held device. 

A lot more people than you think actual use their smartphones to browse the web, including forums.

Please activate TaPaTalk to work with your forums.

It is the best way to browse forums from a mobile device imo.

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Btw, I am not in any way, shape or form getting paid for or even trying to advertise this product. It's just that I use it and love it and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one out there that uses their mobile phones to browse the web and/or forums.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

• MeznerMezner Member UncommonPosts: 23

I'm still kinda new here and am enjoying the forums as they give great feedback on games. However, I can't find the PvP forums anywhere although, I do see a forum for Role playing. If you don't have one I would like to suggest that since most MMO's have PvP and Role Playing.

Thanks!

• jmgreen23jmgreen23 Member Posts: 1
    Reasons why threads are locked would help,and a list of those who are band.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

Please use the top post as marker when logging in and not the thread page.

If Im on a different pc and are browsing some thread and then decide to log in to quote someone, I get thrown to completely different posts after logging in. This happens I think because its the page number that is used as marker. But because when logged in each post takes more room, the thread is suddenly a lot longer and you logging in makes you end up on the wrong page in the thread. This can be very annoying because if the thread is long, it gets very difficult to find back the post you wanted to quote.

I dont know how else to explain this, sry.

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    Personnally I would love to see these forums become tapatalk friendly. Would make surfing them from mobile devices a whole lot easier

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by steelheartx

Personnally I would love to see these forums become tapatalk friendly. Would make surfing them from mobile devices a whole lot easier

I'm pretty sure someone had mentioned this before and we've discussed it internally. I'll go ahead and look into it again and see where we are on that. Thanks!

• spades07spades07 Member UncommonPosts: 852
    Not a suggestion, but a thumbs up. The forum developers do an amazing job, especially now the forums easily readable on the iPhone.
  • PukeBucketPukeBucket Member Posts: 867

Quote boxes.

Within quote boxes.

People replying in quote boxes with huge obnoxiously colored typefaces.

I'm not sure how feesible this is; but my suggestions is an ability to turn on a feature that auto collapses quote boxes to maybe a line of text with a little + toggle if I care to see the same repeated post over and over.

That's probably the most noticable annoying thing I've seen after shortly signing up.

I used to play MMOs like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

• This might be a suggestion or could just be me being dense on how to go about doing it.

Is there a way to block a thread from appearing in a forum for me?  I don't want to block the posters just the entire thread which keeps enticing me to write novels in response and then turn around and cancel posting them.  Just when I think I have the overwhelming urge to post in the thread under control some idiot bumps it back up to the top where it is evilly trying to ensnare me.  This particular thread is so good at taunting me that it would make a good tank in game.

Anyways just a suggestion.