Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 under hyped

qombiqombi Member UncommonPosts: 1,170

I really feel Guild Wars 2 is going to blow all of us away when it comes to a PvP game. I have read up some on Guild Wars 2 and I encourage others to do the same. I think they have a lot of great ideas. I was never a big fan of Guild Wars but I will admit alot of folks really enjoyed their ability to create a good PvP atmosphere.

I feel this title at this time may be under hyped but closer to release we will hopefully hear more. This is one to watch out for PvP fans!

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

Its hard to get hyped about a game that doesn't hype itself...

I haven't heard anything about that sequel since the day it was officially announced. 

I liked a lot about the original Guild Wars, but never stuck with it for very long because I don't like games that are that linear in their world design. If it'd been a traditional world that allowed you to explore lands, it would've been awesome.

I don't expect anything new from part 2, just new graphics.

• ArawonArawon Member Posts: 1,108

The first announcement was quite exciting. Now..it's like they never said ANYTHING.Time to focus on games that want potential subscribers to focus on them.

• VengerVenger Member UncommonPosts: 1,309

Hard to get hyped over nothing.

• popinjaypopinjay Member Posts: 6,539

The first announcement was quite exciting. Now..it's like they never said ANYTHING.Time to focus on games that want potential subscribers to focus on them.

ok, you can have two choices:

1. A gaming company that blows a lot of smoke and hype (Mythic, Funcom, or RG's Tabula Rasa) promising this/that/the world then on release day, leaves out huge chunks of important stuff, like fun and maybe, truth? Hype=1 Delivery=0

or

2. A gaming company that says little, preferring to wait to see exactly what they will have ready and when. Then on release date, surprise you with excellent polished content. Hype=0 Delivery=1

Dunno about you, but I'd kinda prefer less noise, more actions. Don't always equate silence with a bad thing.

I am not saying MK will be this, but I for one am tired of the PR "Let's get the fanbois base up" then they don't deliver. My advice to them is:

Keep quiet and deliver your product when ready.

• JupstoJupsto Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

there is no hype because there is NOO info on the game. we know one or two things and have one or two concepts.

plus the only thing we really have any detail on is the playble races which SUCK HARD.

I hated the story in GW:EN which was meant to set up gw2, something very pretentious and annoying about the stories. (nightfall is the only decent story, only one thats not totally generic). 

I think it will be a good game, guildwars was a quality (bug free) and well designed game, the pvp was very fun but too small scale and support reliant. as guildwars 2 will be open (although I still expect heavily zoned, worse than aoc) it will definately be worth trying out.

but my personal opinion is that they should give up PvE, it was pretty dire and stick to what they suceeded at pvp, but for some reason alot of people liked the pve. the best thing about the pve was it was more strategic and less grindy, but they are adding in levels and grind so it should be worse.

the best thing about gw2 is the pricing plan, which I want to support. the gw series got more money from me as they would using a sub system, but i prefer the whole idea of paying for content, not paying for the priveledge of playing the game.

apologies for bad spelling.

My blog: image

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188
    Originally posted by popinjay

ok, you can have two choices:

1. A gaming company that blows a lot of smoke and hype (Mythic, Funcom, or RG's Tabula Rasa) promising this/that/the world then on release day, leaves out huge chunks of important stuff, like fun and maybe, truth? Hype=1 Delivery=0

or

2. A gaming company that says little, preferring to wait to see exactly what they will have ready and when. Then on release date, surprise you with excellent polished content. Hype=0 Delivery=1

Dunno about you, but I'd kinda prefer less noise, more actions. Don't always equate silence with a bad thing.

I am not saying MK will be this, but I for one am tired of the PR "Let's get the fanbois base up" then they don't deliver. My advice to them is:

Keep quiet and deliver your product when ready.

I agree with that and add Hellgate to the overhyped list.  Now we know where the good ex-Blizzard employees went.

My wishlist for for GW2:

-Expand the PVE portion with more levels and content

-Move away from the spammy combat system

-Delete about 1000 spells(seriously there's way too many in the current game)

-Create a continental PVP campaign instead of the usual static PVP arenas.  I'm much rather defend or take a castle fortification than play in meaningless arena fights over and over.

My youtube MMO gaming channel